What do you think about sony?

Silver Member
Username: Dupe112309

Post Number: 131
I'm headin to college next year and have been looking for a new laptop. I feel Mac's are way overpriced, but they still draw me in. I have been lookin at the FW series from Sony. I can get a 2.66 ghz processor, 4gb ram, 500gb hd, blu ray player (cd/dvd rw), full 1080p screen, and an upgraded graphics card for about 1350. Why is it so cheap compared to a Macbook Pro?

Username: Bulldozer

Post Number: 1
I think you should buy the Mac. I bought the Sony AR770 last year when facing the question before you. Bad move. First the Blu-Ray drive failed. Then they sent me a dead replacement drive, and I had to have that drive replaced. That was the first semester. Two weeks into the second semester, the hard drive failed, had to start from scratch.

Just as the basic warranty expired and the extended warranty took over, power failure. I sent it in to San Diego (Tiujuana) and they tried to extort $200 for them to fix it because of "damage" that you would call wear-and-tear, as they attempted to dishonor their extended warranty. Then when I called them on it they tried to lie to me about the extended warranty and why it took them two weeks to actually getting around to lying to me about it. Meanwhile, a repair that should have taken an hour (or it did with my work HP laptop) is now on a month.

Stay away from Sony. They look nice, but they suck and won't survive the school life. Maybe they should have asked about my starting law school.

Bronze Member
Username: 007b

Post Number: 57
I own the VGN-FW 378J. Outstanding laptop in every way. Keys are large and perhaps spaced a little too far apart. Otherwise, top notch performance.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us