External compatible with z5500s

Silver Member
Username: Afroopuff

Post Number: 510
I am looking for an external soundcard that is going to be able to be compatible with the 5.1 audio of the logitec z5500's. Also i am using a laptop so I know I need external.

If not direct sound cards as examples, if you could please just explain to me what sets sound cards apart from others. Any help would be wonderful. Thank you

Bronze Member
Username: Andreas

Post Number: 30
Logitech z5500 have both optical and digital inputs so any sound card will be compatible, it is just a matter of getting the cables right ;)

Most 5.1 sound cards nowadays have both analog 5.1 and digital 5.1 so you go with whatever suits better.

To cut the long story short (and simple):
- the optical cable looks cool and is less messy then 3 or 4 regular (analog) cables. But if you need it over longer distance you won't find a longer optical lead. Or it will be expensive. Then go analog. Also if you are gaming on this laptop, some effects work only via analog.

Sound Blaster USB cards tend to be great value for money. There is both a stereo one with optical out and a 5.1 with analog outputs for all surround channels.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us