Which is best 2.1 speaker set for $75?

Username: Balakrishnansj

Post Number: 1
Hi guys... I am looking for best 2.1 channel speaker set and it should be around $75 as this is my current budget. please help me to choose the right and best one among all...

thanks in advance.

Post Number: 2
Any update on this? I would be happy if any one suggests me to buy the best one among them.

Username: Bc1122

VA United States

Post Number: 1
Hello!

Are you still looking? If so, I know of some truly great speakers for around $50.

Regards,
Brian

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
Hi Brain, Please suggest those speakers with model numbers.

Thanks in advance.

Username: Bc1122

VA United States

Post Number: 2
Hi, bala -

I'm going to list several speaker models and companies. I guarantee that even the cheapest products here offer better sound than equivalent systems from the mainstream companies. Please be assured that I am in no way affiliated with these brands, nor am I in the business of selling them.

I use the Cambridge SoundWorks PC Works. Cambridge Soundworks stopped selling this model, but you can still buy it brand-new from certain sites for $40-$50. Don't let their price and size fool you--these speakers are amazing, surely superior to any other 2.1 system in this price range.

If you're willing to spend slightly more, Cambridge SoundWorks still offers the SoundWorks computer speakers ($100 retail). They apparently sound even better! (Be sure to see the reviews.)

There are excellent options from other companies, too. I don't have personal experience with any of the products I'm about to mention, but they all have stellar reputations.

* You may want to consider the Swans (HiVi) M200MkII. They haven't got a subwoofer, but at less than $200 they're supposed to sound spectacular. (However, I have heard of reliability problems with certain Swans products.)

* The Audioengine A2 retails for $200, but they may be the absolute best computer speakers on the market. Audiophiles with $25,000 stereo systems say the A2 sounds terrific, so it must be special indeed! (Note: Just 2.0--no subwoofer.)

* Finally, my recommendations wouldn't be complete without mentioning the Axiom Audiobyte computer speakers. They're extremely expensive--$350 retail--but they receive rave reviews. (Still, I suspect the other companies offer better values.)

Here are the product URLs:

- Cambridge SoundWorks PCWorks, ~$40

- Cambridge SoundWorks SoundWorks, $100 retail

- Swans (HiVi) M200MKII, ~$190
http://www.swanspeakers.com/product/htm/view.asp?id=364 and http://www.theaudioinsider.com/product_info.php/p/swan-m200mkii/products_id/80

Audioengine A2, $200 retail

Axiom Audiobyte, $350 retail
http://www.axiomaudio.com/audiobytecomputerspeakers.html
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help