Stuck with identifying graphics card

Silver Member
Username: James_the_god

Doncaster, South Yorkshire England

Post Number: 118
Does anyone know what the hell onboard shared memory is?? Please its starting to really annoy me. I bought a new computer and on paper it said geforce 4 onboard shared memory. If i look in device manager all it says is VIA/S3G Unichromeii graphics. What the hell is that? I really would appreciate any help because Im looking for drivers since my computer keeps crackling when playing a simple game like the Sims 1 then the screen goes blank?!?

Bronze Member
Username: G3nocd3

San Jose, Ca USA

Post Number: 31
Thats the grafix ram. Like a Agp or pci-e card havin 256 mb. Theres your answer.

Bronze Member
Username: Arrow224

Post Number: 60
What motherboard do you have? Try the manufacturers website.

Silver Member

Post Number: 125
I've worked it out now thanks lol. The motherboard uses the Nforce2 achitechture and that includes the geforce4 core graphics. I've found some drivers for it now, just have to install them.

Unregistered guest
I am having the same problem. I can't play The Return of The King, as it says i need to update my video card drivers. and it shows up as UnichromeII in device manager. how do i discover what else i have? and how do i update the drivers? e-mail me at FBeatty_09@hotmail.com if you have an answer. thanks

Silver Member

Post Number: 207
Fraser. I found out that UnichromeII is part of the motherboard drivers on a whole. I actually phoned up the company in which I bought the computer from and they sent me a disc for the motherboard with all necessary drivers on. You can find out everything you ever need to about your hardware components using this program:
http://www.lavalys.com/products/overview.php?pid=3&lang=en
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us