Computer into a Panasonic 53" WideScreen Problems...

Username: Tanagra

Post Number: 1
I have a Panasonic 53" (or 54) Widescreen HDTV with a res of 1080i.
I am trying to hook up my computer to this Television (via the S-Video cable) and it doesn't work properly. When the computer boots and starts loading windows all the dos screens and whatnot are fine, but when windows actually boots up, the screen is all garbled (looks like wrong resolution or refresh rate or something).
The resolution is set at 640x480, and I assume the television wants a 60hz refresh rate. (I tried ALL available resolutions and refresh rates, but no luck). The Video Card is a GEForce 3 - ti500.
Anyhow I have a nice Texas Holdem Tournament software I want to use for my at home poker games, and want to put it on this large screen - any ideas into making this work?!?

Thanx in advanced for any advice,

John Q

Anonymous

I am also having trouble connecting my pc to my panasonic 53" crt hdtv, but I am using the DVI cable. My graphics card is a 3dlabs 990 pro with dual DVI output and the tv has a DVI input on the back, so I figured it would be awesome to have a 53" monitor. No such luck. I'd like panasonic to rectify the problem. I bought this tv 6 months ago and it's technology is outdated? I'm not impressed.

If anyone was able to connect their CRT TV via DVI or HDTV please email me at fryguy9228@yahoo.ca
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us