5.1 problems with Sound Blaster Live

Username: Kyleb

Post Number: 1
Hello all!

I am having problems with my new 5.1 setup. I have the Logitech X-530 5.1 system with 5 satellites (Front: L/R/C, Rear: L/R) and what I believe is a Sound Blaster Live! 5.1 card. The model number on the card is C14780 (from what I can tell, I can't get the card out of the slot!) and it has five ports on the back.

I connected the ports by color and only the Front L/R and sub work. I unplugged Black/Orange, and everything still works. I swapped the orange/black, still nothing. I updated the Windows profile to be 5.1 surround instead of 2 speakers, that doesn't work. I updated the Creative Labs drivers, that didn't do anything.

I am only getting sound from Front L/R and sub, nothing from Center and Rear R/L. All the connections are secure and in their correct places. I have rebooted 10 times, that didn't do anything.

I am totally lost. Does anyone have any pointers?

[edit]: I am trying to get the sound out of Winamp. I have "Hardware Acceleration" on and have tried everything.

Username: Kyleb

Post Number: 2
Model number is CT4780.

Unregistered guest
CT4780 Is the SB Live Value .. it won't do 5.1 channels

Username: Andreas

Post Number: 8
This card does not decode Dolby. So you have to set app to do that. Select 4 speakers in the speakers settings and you should get 4.1. at least. Myself I have X-Fi and it does terrific job decoding both dolby and dts without sending this to CPU, I mean it offloads processor and sounds great. The cheapest X-Fi costs $70-120 depending on retailer but it is worth it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us