Conencting Audigy 2(no drive) to A/V receiver???

Username: Stifa

Post Number: 7
OK, my Audigy 2 has a digital out on rear, and it has analog outs too...
I connected using minijack to dual RCA to connect digitaly to Marantz SR6300 receiver.(just one rca is in receiver).
IT WORKS. AM I HAPPY - NO!

Sound using CMS Player is awful and lacking in dynamics and detailompared to winamp and POWER DVD.(mp3's)
When using EAX effects sound gets either way too crisp or it gets distorted.
Sound in games tends to output half of the effects while others heard on headphones are way too quiet.
I set output to 96khz(Marantz is 24/192khz)
I set digital output only.
I set the SPDIF-passthrough mode.
I dont seem to get 5.1 sound from some games.

Please tell me if i did this connection right, and what should I do?
How to connect it opticaly( I have no audigy drive)?
THANKS
stifa@eunet.yu

Username: Borismaster

Post Number: 2
Hi, maybe this can help. I'm using the digital out on my SB Live card (non. 5.1) to my 5.1 receiver and it works perfectly. I also have a minijack to dual rca to a coax to optical converter (from radioshack) to take care of the voltage problem with the digital ou on the SB LIVE card. If i'm not mistaking you can't get DD 5.1 from games. some of the newer games have dolby digital support (surrond sound) but require a soundcard that has a dolby digital encoder (dice) soundcard like nforce2.
Eax is not going to work with you're surrond sound on your receiver. Unless your soundcard is encoding the game to dolby digital it wont work.

Also on my receiver when the source is 96khz it turns off dsp's, including surround Sound. Don't know if this is happening with yours.

Most games use 3d audio that's not DD 5.1

also read this.
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-audio/2098.html

anyone please feel free to correct me.

Good luck Marko.

Username: Neftali

Myrtle Beach, SC United State

Post Number: 1
help me people, i have similar problem. I currently own a Denon AVR 3801 receiver. I also just bought a new Audigy 2z sound card for my desktop computer. I follow all necessary steps installing the sound card pluging in the wires. I am not getting any sound from the digital output of the sound card only the analog. What am I doing wrong?

Username: Wuy3

Post Number: 6
ya I got it to work with the audigy 2 frontpanel optical out going into my Sony STR-DE897 optical in. You dun really have to shell out 200$ for the audigy2 ZX platnium, just buy a 3.5mm to coax converter and plug it that way. People in this threat got it to work somehow.
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-audio/2098.html

And that problem with 96kHz not working, I have that too. I can use prologicII at 48kHz but when I turn up to 96 on the soundcard controls my A/V reciever stopps decoding and defaults to stereo. Still trying to figure a way out of this problem

Anonymous

well, on my Audigy 2 SPDIF works
DTS/DD on DIVX and DVD works fine. U have Use some brain. check Powerdvd & ac3 filter preferences.

Anonymous

well, on my Audigy 2 SPDIF works
DTS/DD on DIVX and DVD works fine. U have to use some brain. check Powerdvd & ac3 filter preferences.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us