My Bedroom Home Theater

Bronze Member
Username: Hondafanatic17

Thompsontown, PA USA

Post Number: 13
First off I'm only 14 so don't be dissing what I got because most of this stuff I bought my self or found somewhere. The only things I didn't buy was my Xbox 360 and my PS2, everything else I bought myself the furniture, the TV, stereo, I all bought myself.

So heres what I got:

Emerson 20" TV (60 bucks at Walmart last year)

PS2 (bought a long time ago was Christmas present from my dad.)

Xbox 360 (got it this year for Christmas)

Sharp Amp/EQ/Cassette Deck/Tuner (30 bucks at yard sale)

Matching Sharp Turntable (came with the amp)

Toshiba Dual Disc DVD Player (10 bucks at flea market works when it wants to)

Symphonic VCR ( don't remeber anything about it I think I got it from a neigbor for like a dollar and it works really well too)

Persidian bookshelf speakers (20 bucks new at radio shack)

Kicker SS10 for rear surround ( It was free traded a friend that for a Jensen subwoofer)

and here are some pics i had to use links my sony cybershot sucks.

http://illtellyouwhat.zoomshare.com/1.shtml/Home%20Theater

Bronze Member
Username: Jrbay

Livonia Detroit area, Michigan USA

Post Number: 45
There is a talent to hooking all of this up and making what you have sound as good as possible. You are rightfully proud of your accomplishment!
BTW- Got any vinyl to go on that turntable???

Gold Member
Username: John_s

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 2159
­
Just remember one thing my young grasshopper. (Sorry, you're too young to remember that TV show.) Cars end up being nothing but buckets of nuts and bolts, but audio and video goes on forever.

It's always great to see a young AV fanatic in the making. Fourteen and already on your second system.

Thanks for the post and good luck. Upload
­

Bronze Member

Thompsontown, PA USA

Post Number: 19
Thanks for the compliments on my stuff and Jim I do have the Jimi Hendricks Experience Are You Experienced? Record for my turntable. I want to add on to that I wanna get some more records this summer.

Bronze Member

Thompsontown, PA USA

Post Number: 23
Hey its been awhile since I posted but I added and got rid of some stuff on my system.
First I got a Emerson DVD/VCR combo new to replace my junky Toshiba. Then I got sick of having to plug in and out different cords into my TV so I bought a Philips A/V 3-way switcher so I now have full time surround for my PS2 Xbox 360 and DVD player.

Also I "rescued" a 1998 or 1997 Sony all in one head unit from my uncle who was going to throw the poor thing away so i took it and the two Sony speakers and cleaned them up. I use that speakers on my Hitachi with computer and use the head unit on my dresser with two small Altec Lansing speakers.

Also I don't remember if I put it in the first post but I have a Belkin cord for my iPod Nano.
But the item im most proud of now is my new to me but old as in age wise, 1995 Pioneer PD-M403 6-Disc CD player that works so well I just wish I had a remote for it. But anyway here is some pics of the stuff and yeah I'm 15 now my birthday was last month but to the point please don't diss what I have if you don't like keep it to yourself. I don't have a lot of money to spend on stuff. But I really want to do something with the front surround thought any suggestions I don't mind getting different speakers.

http://illtellyouwhat.zoomshare.com/1.shtml/Home%20Theater

It's just the pics on the first page that are new except the one or two near the bottom

Silver Member
Username: Jrbay

Livonia Detroit area, Michigan USA

Post Number: 127
Pity you already bought the switch:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Audio-Video-Switch_W0QQitemZ280216873285QQihZ018QQcategoryZ7 3390QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us