My System: over 10 years and still evolving

Username: Mr_audio

St. Louis, MO USA

Post Number: 10
My equipment has stayed pretty much same through out the years with only a few changes to components. However the configuration and place has changed alot. Upload
Upload
Upload

Bronze Member

St. Louis, MO USA

Post Number: 11
I finally went HD.
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Bronze Member

St. Louis, MO USA

Post Number: 12
These are the beginnings of the place I just moved to. Deciding on configuration and placement was a pain.
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Bronze Member

St. Louis, MO USA

Post Number: 13
I finally moved into a place where my Paradigm Monitor 9s sound good, so I had the Mini Monitors as extra speakers and hooked them to my new Yamaha receiver as surrounds for 7.1. Speaker grills have not been removed for display. The speakers have much wider dispersion with the grills off since the grills are designed to minimize side reflections so chose to keep them removed.
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

This picture is of my subwoofer amplifier that I used to drive my Cerwin Vega sub.
Upload

This is my newest and most exciting toy. This is My Sony RM-AX1400 remote. This remote has revolutionized the way I control my HT. I recommend picking on up as they are only 45 bucks and simply amazing. There is no need to pay 100 bucks for a Harmony.
Upload

System specs:
(Receiver)Yamaha RX-V659
(DVD Player)Sony NS75H
(Television)Sony KD-XBR970
(Front Sp)Paradigm Monitor 9s
(Center Sp)Paradigm CC-370
(Surround Sp)Paradigm Mini Monitors
(Back Sp)Paradigm ADP-350s
(Subwoofer)Cerwin Vega "Vega 124"
(Subwoofer Amp)Keiga-5320, 300 watt sub/mono amp

Silver Member
Username: Dmitchell

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 484
Nice speaker placement for the Monitor 9's. I wish I had a nice, wide room like that. The sound-stage must be huge!

Bronze Member

St. Louis, MO USA

Post Number: 18
Yeah, it's the only place where they sound good. I tried putting them neatly next to the media racks and the 9s sounded baseless and poppy. I put them near the corners of the room and they sound amazing. I was almost thinking about not using my center because the sound-stage is so good. But I kept it on for movies.

Silver Member
Username: Huron

Post Number: 331
I think its pritty cool that you shared with us past pics, it reminded me how I was in the past, and how I am now thanks, you have some nice stuff

Bronze Member

St. Louis, MO USA

Post Number: 20
Thank you. That first pic was not even close to what my stuff actually started out as. I wish I had a picture of that. That first pic was the only one I could find that early on. When I started, I had a lot more stuff and it was all crammed into my tiny 10 X 10 room at my parent's house. I think about it now and still wonder how I did that. I know one thing is for sure; I have no right to ever make fun of 16 to 18 year olds with their newbee setups. :-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 343
so the sub never had an amp? how big is the sub?

I have heard so many good things on the paradigm speakers hope to give them a listen some day, and I wunder how you pronuonce the name

Bronze Member

St. Louis, MO USA

Post Number: 21
The subwoofer is a funny story. I bought a Paradigm PS-1000 which at the time was a 10 inch sub with a 120 watt amp built in and it always ran short on frequency response and loudness. Everytime I would go to Best Buy, I would look at their car audio section and listen to all their subs. The Vega series by Cerwin Vega was always the best sounding. It always had the smoothest sound and rumble. I wondered what something like that would sound like in a home setting instead of a car. So I had a friend at best buy and got the box and the 12" sub for 130 bucks. I got it home and ripped the amp out of my PS-1000 and used it on the Vega for a few months until it literally blew up.....smoke and all. The Vega needed more power anyway so I went to a local stereo shop and picked up the Keiga sub amp that pushes out 300 watts at 4 ohms. I've been using the Vega ever since. Between the amp and the speaker I paid 330 bucks. For that kind of money you still can't touch the performance of this sub. However, if HSU and SVS had been around back then, I would have bought one of those for about 600 bucks. Still, I don't regret it. The Vega has served me well.

About Paradigm speakers. It is pronounced PAIR-A-DIME. I've been a fan of Paradigm for a long time. My Paradigms are relatively old. I have version 2 monitors and they're up to version 5 now. The version 5s sound way different than the all the other versions. The newer monitor line sounds alot more aggressive as where all the other versions were extremely warm and laid back. If I were to do it all over again today, I would probably have either Energy reference, or Warfdale. Warfdale is such a beautiful sounding speaker. I almost think that would have been the perfect one for me. But, I work with what I currently have and make it sound the best it can be and so far I have no complaints.

Silver Member

Post Number: 345
thanks for the info, I have wharfedales, my center channel is the only opus at this time and its unbelievable I got it new for $700 its a $1200 spreaker http://ayselectronics.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=155_289 the owner is very cool it just take a little longer for shipping, in the future i would like to get the opus 2`s for the fronts right now there the 9.2`s, the diamond DFS rears are so impressive I would never give them up, go to on going projects and see my system and then post something so we can work rogers crap thread down the line
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us