Simple Home Theater Setup

Username: Zimcommando

Post Number: 1
This is just a simple Setup compared to some of the systems that I've seen over here. I stay on a military base in a single room and so i don't have too much space to play around with. I'm using a Samsung HDTV 32inch, a Toshiba HDMI upscale DVD player and 2 Cambridge Audio A5 Amps running 2 Eltax Symphony 6.3 floorstanders between them. Oh and a xbox 360 (with xbox live) rigged up to the whole setup.

Post Number: 2
Upload

Bronze Member
Username: Apresler07

Canal Winchester, Ohio USA

Post Number: 49
Thats a nice system. How is that tv working out for you??

Post Number: 3
The TV is great Alex. Had it for around 5 weeks now and its fantastic. I never thought that HDTV would make such a big difference. Not so much watching normal tv, but with the xbox running through it or the DVD player, you notice a huge difference. The speakers on the TV are a bit crap, but if you've got a TV like this, then you'll have a decent sound system too. These Samsung TV's beat everything in the looks department too.

Silver Member
Username: Westcott

League City, Texas

Post Number: 116
Can you tell us more about Eltax. I had never heard of them here in the states. They seem very efficient for a direct radiating speaker.

By the way, I like the clean set up. Congratulations!

Bronze Member
Username: Apresler07

Canal Winchester, Ohio USA

Post Number: 50
Ive been looking into a new tv lately. How much did this tv run you? And what kind of features and inputs does it have.

Post Number: 4
Before I bought these Eltax speakers, I had never owned or knew anyone that owned a set of these. Although bright, the Symphony 6s score for clarity and power with me. Bass is fast and accurate. Bi-Wireable connections is an added bonus. For the price of these speakers, I was very suprised at what I got, and I definitely recommend them for budget buyers. I mean if you can afford a set of £500 speakers then go for them because I'm sure they'll be better. But, if you're after a medium priced pair of floorstanders you won't be dissapointed with these.

Post Number: 5
I bought the TV for around £740 at www.dabs.com. All I can say is, for the price, this is one hell of a TV. There are far more expensive ones out there that don't have half the features of this thing. Connections wise it has HDMI input, Component video input, 2 Scarts (1 RGB), S-Video input, composite video input, PC VGA input, CAM input. Stereo audio output, 3 stereo audio outputs. PC audio input, headphone jack and RF input. There are a few other inputs and outputs for servicing etc.
Your best bet, Alex, is to check out the review on this link http://www.homecinemachoice.com/cgi-bin/displayreview.php?reviewid=6128. The review they give it here really does it justice.

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 4315
I'm with the others, this setup is nice and clean, very well done for space constraints. :-)

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Google is your Friend, FL

Post Number: 4678
i like it as well.

how is that Samsung TV working for ya.

i bought a DVD player of the same brand and have no complaints. lol

sometimes i fall asleep with it on and it just plays the home menu over and over and over all night. lolol

Silver Member
Username: Delsole

Post Number: 434
looks good
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts