OK boys now its started.

Silver Member
Username: Hannjeff

Halifax, Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 156
Ive got the first stage of my home theator and audio system done. The Speakers. Ill have pictures later but for now heres the stuff. Monitor 9's for my fronts (and in music, there the only things I run). Monitor 3's for my rears. CC370 for my center and a nice big PW-2100 sub. Im running it off a 6.1 sony reciever that claims 90watts a channel. Now, as far as whats moving in the hosue in teh next few months. Im adding a Monster 3500 MKII Power center. Which is overkill, but gives me tons of scalability over the future, and most of it willb e a birthday gift, lol. Then I will start doing a audio only rack with a NAD C162 pre, and 2 NAD C272 powers (bi-amping the monitor 9's). I havent picked a cd player yet though. Also, I havent picked a new home theator reciever. Im thinking HK, Denon, or Marantz, and nothing huge, 100watts would be plenty for movies and tv.

Silver Member
Username: Camaro823

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 443
sounds`cool, hope to see pics soon

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 3403
"6.1 sony reciever"

Replace that thing lol

Bronze Member
Username: Polksavage

Post Number: 58
I jsut started reading up on these outlaw receivers and they sound pretty wild

Silver Member

Post Number: 172
Yah, the sony reciever is the next on my list, of course, i will be addign a seperate system for audio, not just another av reciever. Im probably getting a NAD C162 and C272 to drive the M-9's for music only. Than eventually get something like a bottom denon or marantz for home theator. I forgot the pics guys youll have to wait till monday, im gonn all weekend. Hey, if any of you guys are out east come to blomidon provinical park here in nova scotia. Ill be realaxign with a few cuban cigars and a few good friends.

Bronze Member
Username: Polksavage

Post Number: 62
I love yamaha's htr-5990b reciever. I think it's my next one

Silver Member
Username: Daniel_canada

Canada

Post Number: 169
.......and 2 NAD C272 powers (bi-amping the monitor 9's)........

Then in that case use one 272 for the bass and something else for the highs. Or do you want to bridge the two 272s?

BTW that Sony receiver is about 9 wpc.

Silver Member

Post Number: 201
I dont believe 9wpc at all. THough it isnt good, its not horrible. Anyways, i was gonna bi-amp, 1 for bass/mid, 1 for highs. However, I probably wont be bothering with biamping after all. I gots to build a new gaming computer

Silver Member
Username: Daniel_canada

Canada

Post Number: 176
It is prolly 9wpc, it's loud due to the distortion. If you ever bi-amp, don't use two identical amps!

Silver Member

Post Number: 202
I dont mean volume, i mean its actually very clear, and there is no distortion when I max it. Also, I cant believe that a reciever that is labled at 90wpc is only 9wpc. Its not like its a generic name. Im not saying its Marantz, but, its not dollar store, thats for sure.

Username: Andykim

Seattle, WA

Post Number: 3
Any pics yet? The system sounds interesting...

Silver Member

Post Number: 207
I was going to the other day, and, I sprained my ancle, than spent all day in the hospital. I will take some pics when I get home tonight.

Silver Member

Post Number: 211
OK,this is just my luck, I got the photos taken, and I cant find my cable. I guess you will have to wait till tomorro, oh well. Anyways, im planned my next few purchases. Im adding the rest of the audio gear soon, in a few weeks actually. Im getting a Marantz SR7500, and a NAD C272. I am also getting (for my 19th birthday) a power conditioner. Ive been planning on the monster power hts 2600mkII, however, I might be able to get a panamax. I might even get a UPS if I can get it cheap.

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 3845
UPS's are nice...APC makes my favorite UPS units.

Silver Member
Username: Gamerdude

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 118
90 watts turns out to be only 9 on sony amps,thats kinda crappy
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums