My modest ATL pad

Bronze Member
Username: Mattman12

Post Number: 16
One is of the living area, the other stuff is what is now my bedroom. Sub up to the right of the big screen behind the tree in the corner. 7.1 surround.Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
More pics.Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Silver Member
Username: Gamerdude

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 361
Very nice stuff Matt , I like the lay out of your apt.

Silver Member
Username: Arande2

400dB could probably d..., SouthWest Mi... Too Many DBs...

Post Number: 724
Why do people always have such small subs

Silver Member
Username: Gamerdude

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 362
It prolly a 10 or a 12 thats not bad really not every one can have a 15 or an 18 inch sub

Gold Member
Username: Joe_c

Atlanta, GA USA

Post Number: 1279
I am in ATL too, nice start Matt.

Andre, nothing wrong with small subs if they pound. Mine has 8's in it and pounds down to 22hz. Size is not always the better factor.

Silver Member
Username: Arande2

400dB could probably d..., SouthWest Mi... Too Many DBs...

Post Number: 762
Still, I'm just saying what I'd put in my setup. If I had more a choice I'd probably get like 8 MartinLogan Depths or more for the small drivers which should have low distortion, high headroom, and balanced bass.

Joseph, exactly what sub is it? I'm more interested in the size of your room and where your sub is

I wouldn't put a 15 or 18 in anyway unless it could match the distortion of more smaller drivers. Yeah, make a giant subwoofer with all 8" or smaller drivers. That'd be fun. I'd probably prefer lots of smaller drivers placed around the room though instead of in one big area.

Gold Member
Username: Joe_c

Atlanta, GA USA

Post Number: 1287
Andre, it's this sub:

Upload

Jamo D4SUB

Has two 8" drivers and a 400rms/700peak amp

sealed box and it's the lowest sounding sub I have ever heard for HT use. The room is 14' x 18' and its in a corner. The sub has boundry gain control which curves the output at the low end when placed near a wall. This way you don't get that "boomyness" which is impressive sometimes but very inaccurate. I had a BIC (cheapie) 12" sub with 600wpc plate amp on it before and this thing beats the pants off that one. Pick one up for $899 at most online retailers, if you can find one who still sell these.

Bronze Member
Username: Furyous

FL USA

Post Number: 59
Nice. Looks just like my old apartment in sandy springs. I used to live in Atl but now I'm in Miami. As nice as it is down here, I still miss my hometown.

The only thing I think you are missing is a good universal remote like the ones from Logitech. Even the least expensive one will make life sooooo much easier. My wife can even operate it with buttons like "watch tv" and "watch movie". Everything is programmed through the computer via usb and makes it all seamless. Plus, you can use it with one hand instead of my bulky Sony universal that cost 5 x more and doesn't come near the ease or functionality.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
My sub is a 10. It is already too powerful for the room. Too much bass isn't good. Just added a ps3 and buttkickers are on order.

Silver Member
Username: Camaro823

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 920
How do you like the TV ?, i'm not seeing any close pics though...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us