Guessing this goes here,

Gold Member
Username: Wolfman1966

WEST MONROE , LOUISIANA USA

Post Number: 1433
I bought a surround sound/home theater system for Christmas.....well, I hooked it up to my tv (27inch), and it seemed like things were going great...but when I checked the speakers, one of them wasn't working, so I took it back and exchanged it (for the same model). Anyway, when I got back home, instead of hooking it up to my tv...I hooked it up to my computer (luckily, it had that option.)..and I must say WOW!...what a difference..yeah, I could tell a difference when it was hooked up to the TV, but I couldn't run my rear speakers to the back of the room like they are supposed to be, because I would have to run the wires either across the floor, or up the walls and too the back. But, when I hooked it up to the computer, since the computer is in a little nook, I didn't have to run the rear speakers very far, just to the back of the nook. I play more games on the computer than I do watch movies. I can't turn the whole thing up all the way, I found out, I left it on, and my screensaver (Johnny Castaway) made so much noise while I was gone, that my neighbor was banging on the wall when I came back. So far I have played Call of Duty, and am currently playing Diablo II, with the expansion pack...and the difference in sound is great. Now, please don't hate on me, the system is a Durabrand (read Wal-Mart), and didn't cost me but $35...only 80 watts, but still...it sounds a helluva lot better than the speakers that are built into my monitor...and it does create 5.1 surround sound..As soon as I get a battery for my digital camera, I'll put a pic up.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1434
btw, found out that Durabrand is made by Lenoxx so here's a link to the system I got

http://www.lenoxx.com/2005/audiosystems/HT3917.htm

Silver Member
Username: Arande2

400dB could probably d..., 4000 isnt ev... 100,000dB FU...

Post Number: 541
Yeah, good enough to me. It should beat your computer monitor speakers.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1444
he he, played a bass song over my computer...nice..put a piece of paper in front of the sub....braaaap!!! he he he, still havent turned it all the way up, dont wanna piss my neighbors off

Gold Member
Username: Joe_c

Atlanta, GA USA

Post Number: 1197
wow

Gold Member

Post Number: 1446
NOT that much wow, the thing says its 80 watts but I think thats total system power, the subs only about 40 watts. Though its not the greatest, I think it was still worth the money.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us