Pics of my Home Theatre!

Username: Hellashawn

Antioch, CA United States

Post Number: 1
Check 'em out and let me know what ya think!!!
The screen is 120 inch, seats 10 people. Cool recliner seats with cup holders!

http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=2115414290

Silver Member
Username: Camaro823

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 253
Well done, that looks really good

Silver Member
Username: John_s

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 583
Killer! That is will done. The red/black paint works. I might copy that.

How about an equipment list!?

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 4634
Very niiice!

Bronze Member
Username: Westcott

League City, Texas

Post Number: 50
I'm jealous.

You did a great job!

Did you do all the work yourself?

Post Number: 2
Wow, glad you guys like my set up. Its a dream to have my own home theatre. Finally got a bigger house with a bonus room so I could make my dream a reality.

And just so you know the room is not done yet. I still need to do some custom lighting. And I'll be upgrading my back speakers, not to happy with those. And a few other minor things like some shelfs near my microwave and frig for popcorn and candy...

I did most of the stuff myself, I ordered the risers and the seats from here: http://www.4seating.com
I painted the room myself too. But I did hire someone to hang the screen and mount my projector. I'm sure I could have done it myself but the projector required some electrical work and cutting holes in the wall so I wanted it done professionally. And I had MMM Carpets put in the black carpet.

Also, these pictures just don't do the room justice. It looks much better. And the carpet looks grey in the pics but it is pure black.

Here is the equipment:

-Klipsch 100 watt front speakers
-Klipsch 50 watt center speaker
-KLH TW 09B back speakers
-Sony 250 watt Sub woofer
-Sony Reciever str-DE997 (120W X7 Dolby Digital/DTS)
-Home Theatre Power Conditioner Panama X m4300-EX)
-BenQ PE 7700 DPL Projector
-Elite Screen Theatre Vision High Contrast Grey 120 inch
-Harmony 880 Universal Remote W/Color screen (this is so cool!)
-Apollo theatre seats here: http://www.4seating.com/theater_seating_Apollo.htm
-Plus a nice Refrigerator filled with Beer and a new Mircowave for popcorn!

Silver Member
Username: Cuylar

Burnsville, MN USA

Post Number: 214
Very impressive. I REALLY like the seating.

Bronze Member
Username: Davidpa

Portland, Oregon US

Post Number: 86
Slick layout, like the theatre seating, adds to it. How do you like the BenQ? is it DLP, or DPL? Am asking because my projector (this will be the 3rd time) is being sent back for replacement because of operation volume, the color wheel makes high pitch noise and is REALLY annoying, so if it doesnt come back this time quieter, like when new, I will be looking at other models, and am interested in the BenQ. Let me know.

Post Number: 3
That DPL was a type-o. Sorry, its DLP. I love the projector. First one that I've been able to just plug in and turn it on without any picture adjustments. It has some cool pre-set picture options. For example there is a Home Theatre setting and a Cinema setting. The Cinema setting looks great in my room for everything I have watched thus far, including TV and video games. But it is real easy to adjust the picture too if you want to.

You can hear the fan going in the machine but I don't find it loud. No high pitched sounds or anything like that, just a fan sound. And as soon as a film starts you can't hear the projector at all. In fact my back sets are right under the projector and even sitting there you can't hear it while watching movies. Hope this helps and thanks for the kind about my room!

Here is more info on that projector
http://www.projectorcentral.com/BenQ-PE7700.htm

Username: Alex381

Post Number: 7
Wow!!!! SOOOOOO jealous! Looks fantastic. Out of curiosity, how much did all that cost you?!

Jealous
Unregistered guest
Damn You!

No, I'm only kidding. I'm jealous that's why. Your setup is real slick!

I had an empty room in the house all ready for a home theater but my wife insisted on having a child first so instead of decorating with speakers, etc. it's gonna become a nursery.

Now I have to wait until the kid is 18 until I can kick them out and get my home theater room back. LOL

Again your setup is awesome.

Post Number: 4
I think I ended up spending about 15 grand when all was said and done. That doesn't include my speakers or receiver I already had those. But everything else came out to about 15 grand. Glad you guys like it.

Bronze Member
Username: D_singh

Post Number: 90
I really like those seats...you have any insulation in the walls?

Gonzaga
Unregistered guest
Shawn,

What is the model # of your Sony 250w sub?

I also have a Sony 250w sub(SA-WX700), and was wondering if it was the same one, and how it works in your setup.

Post Number: 5
D Singh... Nope no insulation. My neighbors hate me. In the future I may take it to the next level and work on the walls. But for now it sounds great and the neighbors can kiss my butt.

Gonzaga, yes I have the SA WX700, it is great. I never have it turned up past half way and it thumps the entire room, well worth the money.

Username: Srose

Post Number: 1
I know this isn't the exact place but how are you carrying your xbox connections back to the projector?

Is it through wiring to a receiver than long wires through the ceiling to the projector?

Sorry if this is basic but I am curious.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us