A 15 year olds room!!!

Username: Yamahaboy2123

Post Number: 3
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

there is some of the equipiment i have in my room! sry bout the mess in my closet and by my sub! the amp in my closet powers all of the speakers by my computer. if you have any suggestions of what to do with my surround speakers please let me know. lol i dont want big holes in the wall but i deff dont want them on stools or on my desk. my sub is 125 watts. yes that was my computer tower in my closet too haha. i just did that the other day. both my left and right speakers have 12" woofers in them. if i forgott nething let me know and ill tell u what it is or how i did it

Username: Yamahaboy

Orland Park, Illinois USA

Post Number: 1
what do you think?

Bronze Member
Username: Tonytiger

PA US

Post Number: 77
Looks great! I like the sound from 12" woofers. I retired some speakers with 15" woofers. I miss them. Do you play heavy metal CDs as well as lift (pic 3)?

Post Number: 8
i pretty much play hip hop, and punk rock. Yes, i have just started lifting again. The 12" woofers are GREAT!

HankVT
Unregistered guest
Do you parents ever complain about the sound?

Post Number: 9
yeah, once in awhile they tell me to turn it down. but i only blast it when there not home.

Username: Hokievt

Post Number: 10
My kids tell me to turn mine down. Go figure.

hahaha yeah...they only tell me to turn it down cuz the picutres downstairs go like sideways on the wall.....lol

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 1231
Not bad, Eric!

666_Gonzo_666
Unregistered guest
If anyone can tell me how to compress my photos so I can out them on this thread, and show you a REAL 15 Year Olds Room!!

-Kenwood VR-6070 THX Receiver(makes an awsome pre-pro)

-(x3)Kenwood M2A 2 Channel Power Amp(220x6(I have 3)Powering all my speakers except sub.

-Sony SA-WX700 250 watt Digital amp, push pull dual 10"

-Kenwood CD-404 Basic 5 disc, using SL-16 System Control so U can use my remote from anywhere in my house

-Quest QT-88 Main Tower Speakers, 150w

-(x2)Quest QC-5 Center Speaker, 110w...Surround Back as well

- Quest Q-610, Rear Speakers, 120w

Then I got the Kenwood's internal amp powering a Pair of JBL Studio Monitors(Model 4331) Single 15" Driver with a slighty edgy at high volume horn tweeter

Thats My System, tell my how to get pics on here!!!(I got on PC already)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
sounds nice.....there should be a upload thing some where on the screen i think.

666_Gonzo_666
Unregistered guest
I know, but my pictures are oversized for this forum, I need a computer wizz to tell me how to compress the files!!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
e-mail the pictures to me and i will make them small enough and put them on this page....i could tell you how to do it in paint but that would probally take you an hour to do...so email them to kickassrider125@comcast.net and ill do it for you

666_Gonzo_666
Unregistered guest
Hey, looks like you will have to wait a week, my dad went out of town with my digital camera and forgot the USB cable. Do you have a hotmail account?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1374
Gonzo,
if you have Windows XP you should have Microsoft Photoeditor.
Right Click on you picture and click on "open with"...Microsoft PhotoEditor, click on "Image" then "resize".

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
wait...u said the pictures were allready on your computer "Thats My System, tell my how to get pics on here!!!(I got on PC already)"

Gold Member

Post Number: 1377
Eric, is it me or are do I get the feeling we are wasting our time here?

666_Gonzo_666
Unregistered guest
I have pictures on my PC but they are old. I have newer pictures on my camera. I will send you a picture of my old system.

Bronze Member
Username: Hokievt

Post Number: 31
Open the pictures in Microsoft Photo Editor and save them. It will compress them.

Unregistered guest
Eric,

How did you get your pics on here?

thekid
Unregistered guest
lol thats how you know your an audiophile... the enter/mid level system hooked up to a 12" crt tube tv! Rock on little man!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
HAHAHA actually its 19" lol but im getting a new one for christmas.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
hit upload image or attachment at the bottom of the page. its right next to "preview/post message"

666_Gonzo_666
Unregistered guest
it wont let me because of size, i need a way to get them to come up likes yours did.

did you get the picture i sent you? ill send you a newer one, they are uploaded now.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
nice room. it looks like im getting a new sub amp! 250 wats at 4ohms. i have one ?. it says 180watts at 8ohms and 250watts at 4ohms. how do i make it 4ohms instead of 8?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1609
it just means the rating is 250 watt if the speakers' impedance is 4 ohms.

666_Gonzo_666
Unregistered guest
So you did get my pictures? Can you please post them on here? i'll send you more of my amps, sub and surround and surround back speakers if this works.(thanks:-))

As berny says, the amplifier will hit impedance loads of four ohms if your speakers have a 'nominal rating' of 4 ohms. Even speakers with a 6 ohm rating may drop to 4 ohm at say 123hz then back up to 6 ohms at say 250hz.

A sub amp is differently rated than say a receivers amp, what I mean by this is the amp only has a limited frequency range and only one channel(usually, but not in my case)to drive.
A rating of 250 watts if more than enough for me(my Sony SA-WX700 ROCKS my house)because my HT Setup is located in a room no more than 14Lx14Wx8H.

Does anyone know if the Sony SA-WX700 is a True dual 10" (125w x2)or a single channel wired in parralel(250w x1+2x) to two speakers?

Berny, I know there has been "less honest"(to be polite) people on here, but can you please not jump to false conclusions? .. Thanks,

Gonzo

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
Upload
here you go this is all you sent me so far.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1611
My apologies Gonzo

666_Gonzo_666
Unregistered guest
Eric,

Im sending you new pictures I took today.(I was bored honest)

The TV in that picture is the weak-link in my home theater(ie:gaming zone)altough its 27" im buying either a projector or I get my dads bigscreen.

The rear speakers and SB are behind the camera as well as the power amps which are in a closet in a stack.

Berny,

No problem man, I can understand, as internet honesty is usually slim to none.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 26
here you go man. looks like a great set up! i just got my new amp!! its insane. i want to get "dual 12"" they are 600 watts rms. there only 150$ at best buy and sound awesome! i also just mounted my rear speakers above my bed. i will get pics on here as soon as possible! also. does anyone know what i can do with my old amp? i think something with the power is messed up. when i plug it in NOTHING happens no light no nothing.Upload
Upload
Upload

Bronze Member

Post Number: 30
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
just added those tonight to my home theater!!!! they are insane! i tried them with my 120 watt amp (which i got fixed, it was them fuse) and they were awesome! im going to use my 275 watt amp with these along with my 10". ill take some more pics of my room tomorrow!

666_Gonzo_666
Unregistered guest
Hey,

I love playing Halo and Counterstrike on my system, The Next thing im going to upgrade is my TV, as I said before.

I was looking at a projector for video games on ebay for around 375$ before shipping so I may go for that and send you guys pics and see how it works out.

Those subs look nice, but aint those for cars? Thats a 4 ohm impedance(I would make sure your power amp can do 4ohm before cranking them)

I have driven my JBL's with my M2A's before and they are still hungry for more.:D My dad is using a Yamaha RX-V995 to drive them, I dont got nearly enough room for those beast-and-a-half speakers in my HT room.

I cant even make my Kenwoods get close to hot, those Quests are efficient and sound great. The VR-6070 of course sits and does nothing exept runs my whole system. I might get a decent set of Paradigm towers for my B's downstairs.

IF ANYONE SEE'S A 6070 FOR SALE BUY IT!!!!!!!!!
They are worth 3x their money IMHO.

Well later, I just wanted to add some info to this thread...Ill add more too when I get my projector.

Gonzo

Bronze Member
Username: Touche6784

Post Number: 76
where does a 15 year-old get the money to buy all that stuff?

chineseham
Unregistered guest
it's the spoiled generation!

but they seem like good kids!

Silver Member
Username: Monkey_man_jack

Post Number: 246
Hey chinaman, I ain't spoiled I worked hard for my home theater

Bronze Member

Post Number: 38
im the same way! all tho i am spoiled with my job :D 11 an hr and work when i want at my uncles office. but all that money is going into my car!

Silver Member

Post Number: 252
Thats a good job. I'm trying to get a job, but no luck so far. What kind of car do you have? I'm trying to get an explorer or a bronco.

Your dual tens are car subwoofers right? If so how did you hook them up?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 39
)yes they are but they are dual 12's. i used a amp that is plugged into the wall. it was 273 watts rms@4 ohms. im selling them to get some alpine type R's for my car.

My car is a 1999 pontiac grand prix gtp (supercharged)
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/763823

and yes for my job i did get verrry lucky. i work for my uncle at his law office. its right by the hows and cant beat it.

Silver Member

Post Number: 256
That sh**'s crazy! Is your golf cart supercharged or anything, or is it just a regular golf cart?

Are your keft/right speakers KLH? I have the KLH 9912's which look identicle to yours except for I don't have the silver trim around the speakers.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 43
lol the golf cart body is coming back from the paint shop next week, and will be silver with a clear coat on it. goes about 30 i think but we completeally removed the govener over the winter and now its crazy fast..over the winter (wich is not on any of the pics) we did this to it.
-"racing" steering wheel
-air horn button in the middle of steering wheel
-new lights (VERY BRIGHT)
-rim covers (p.i.m.p, white)
new shocks and springs
-new heavy dudy leaf springs
-Rear seat
-ported subwoofer box
-side graphics
-new paint
-modified air intake
-removed govener completelly
-new plugs
-orange neons
-and then we want to do full exhaust on it!
and then others that i didnt remember
(i cant spell)

as for the klh you prob have the same thing but a earlier version..my friend baught the same speakers from a garage sale and there identicle except the silver rings around them.

Silver Member

Post Number: 142
you are one spoiled kid with nothing better to do.

Silver Member

Post Number: 260
I WAN'T THAT GOLF CART!

That's the craziest golf cart I have ever heard of!

Silver Member

Post Number: 261
at least he's into something constructive, and not robing banks and doing drugs, or in a gang

Bronze Member

Post Number: 44
thats for the compliments guys...and chris, wtf is wrong with modding a golf cart?? i mean comon, its not like thats all me and my dad do.... i DO have friends and go out ever weekend lol....and monkey your right i have NEVER done drugs, robbed a bank lol, and im not in a gang.

Silver Member

Post Number: 144
first, don't try to abreviate insults to me. i still take offense. second, i see nothing wrong with it. i am sure you are just as normal of a kid as i was that happens to have the money to waste it on doing that kind of stuff. i guess i should be happy you aren't wasting it on trying to ghettofy your car. there are a lot better ways to spend you money. heck id rather you spend it on upgrading your ht system than a golf cart. or you could even try to be a considerate person and donate the money you are putting into modding your golf cart to the red cross and help the tsunami victims. but who am i to tell you what to do. i don't even know you. you could be a little bit more sensible with how you are spending that "hard" earned money. though sometimes it does get harder when its not really your own.

Silver Member

Post Number: 262
Hey how do you make pics smaller? I was going to start a new thread with pics of my home theater, but it said that they exceeded the size or whatever. I have no idea how to do this. Please help!

Silver Member

Post Number: 266
Hey Eric, how many watts is your receiver, per channel and the total wattage? just wondering.

Also could you send pictures of your new modified golf cart?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 45
monkey, just open the pics in paint and go to the top and hit images and then click "stretch and sque" or something like that and instead of 100% type in 50% and it'll make em' smaller...also my reciever is 100x5 watts. and yes i can send you some pics of my golf cart when im done

chris, this is NOT my money im spending on my golf cart. it is my dads..and hes having just as much fun doing this as i am. My parents DO donate money to charitys and i think people are aloud to have "fun" with there money and do what they enjoy doing.

Username: Dale_hopkinson

Doncaster, South Yorkshire England UK

Post Number: 4
My room about 6 months ago

Upload

Home built dual tuner freeview MCE2005 PC, 19" TFT, 700watts of 7.1surround sound, 29" tv, plus since then I've moved things around it looks miles cooler, plus that pic has naff lighting.

Yours are nice too, but I prefer to have it all integrated into a nice unit instead of just stood there looking lost in corner of room.

CiS4cOoKiE3
Unregistered guest
I'm 15 and i dont have all that. a real 15 year olds room wouldnt have all that. unless your spoiled or you work hard for it. but if i worked that hard id buy something i can use like a car or something like that. and i'd need money for gas. i dont think real 15 year olds room should have all that stuff. its not natural and trust me i kno tha difference between natural and unnatural. and tha only reason I would ever get anything like that in my room is if i did good on my report card. my lifes sux. dont mind me im just jealous.

Anonymous

try to seperate the fronts more... it'll sound much better. What kind of speakers are they?

Username: Bomb

Rock Spring, GA USA

Post Number: 2
Dang, I'm fourteen and I can't see how you get so lucky with these jobs. You all might be older than me, but just one year. I have a hard enough time trying to get a stereo system for my room, let alone a home theater system. And I do have a job, but i dont get enough for all this stuff...

Silver Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 942
Everyone lives under different circumstances. When I was a 'youngin', I had a quite a bit of money tied up in Hi-Fi gear, but it was because I worked and chose to spend my money on that instead of cars......etc..etc..

To each...their own. When I was a "teeny-bopper", I had enough Hi-fi gear to make plenty of adults drool. Sometimes, that's just how it is. Everyone has their interests, and they spend accordingly.

Post Number: 7
Im just 19, but until i was about 16 I didn't have all this great stuff, didnt even have a games console till i was about 14!

Save your money, and do hard looking around for great stuff at cheap prices, thats how I got all mine over the course of a bout a year on just £150 a month after I'd paid bills etc.

Get Creative Gigaworks 7.1 speakers, they're amazing 700watts and for about £250. Then get the the Creative DDTS-100 decoder which will take all optical and coax and analog and convert to dolbyprologic 2 or ddex / dtses for about £100. Then thats fine for a great surround, all for about £350 which I think is about $750.

Pick up a cheap 32" tv for 200-300 quid, it dont need its own surround sound or nething you already got that. Then again plasma screens are coming down in price now.

It can be done with limited budget. I did it, and every1 who's seen my setup things its great.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 53
Woah, i havent been here in a long time...but CiS4cOoKiE3...most of these were gifts over the years...at first i just had a book shelf system (those speakers in the back) then two year later for my bday i got the left and right speaker and the 150$ head unit. For christmas that year i got the centerchannel speaker and dvd player. those subs are now in my car. I have a job that pays 11 dollars an hour at a law office and i work hard for my stuff (including car)...just thought i'd let you know my side of the story b4 you get all on me about being spoiled...
Eric

Silver Member

Post Number: 405
you are still spoiled. no escaping that fact. and learn to use the correct terms. head units are for cars. recievers are for home audio.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1319
So because he has nice things, he's spoiled??

Naw...I dont think so.

Silver Member

Post Number: 414
so then GW Bush isnt a spoiled ba$tard, and neither will Bill Gate's children. riight.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1479
Where did that come from?

LOL

Can you say left field?

Anonymous

Stupid board wont let me use my name so ill just let u guys know its me Gonzo.

Its been awhile since ive posted here, but since my last post I have lost an M2A amplifier, it was a tragic loss, but im recovering now.

Everything else is running great, but i cant get dts from my dvd player, ive posted a problem as "kita" in receivers, if u know how to help me please post!

Bronze Member
Username: Stereo_genious

USA

Post Number: 14
Eric Pisanko, you are so lucky! I cannot believe you are actually allowed to have a home theater setup in your room with tower speakers, at the age of 15! I am 4 years older than you, and my parents won't even let me have a TV in my room, and all I have for stereo equipment is a JVC shelf system, and a cheap component system with tiny bookshelf speakers. I am so jealous of you! This system of yours must have made you really popular I bet!

Anonymous

Gonzo says:

Mike,
Its for your own good man, you shouldnt even be there at 19!!

Everyone Else,
I was able to get dts from my ps2 using GTA:vice city, so I rented a copy of Deep Water to test, and it worked!! The receiver instantly switched into dts-ES:Discrete and I was releived, I then put Biker Boyz(my original problematic disc) into my DVD Player and it would not go back into dts, so I snapped the disc.

Well thanks anyone who tried to help me!

Bronze Member

USA

Post Number: 29
Gonzo, what do you mean? I am deeply interested in electronics, therefore, I deserve all this great stuff, whether you or my parents think so or not!

As for Eric, how much bass do those KLH speakers put out? Is it boomy when called upon to do so, or do you wish they were more powerful? Also, tell me the dimensions of your bedroom?

Silver Member
Username: Joe_c

Oakwood, Ga

Post Number: 792
I then put Biker Boyz(my original problematic disc) into my DVD Player and it would not go back into dts, so I snapped the disc.

lol, that'll teach it!!

Bronze Member

USA

Post Number: 40
Hey, Eric, I just asked you two questions man! How much bass do your KLH monsters belt out, and what are the dimensions of your bedroom?

Bronze Member

USA

Post Number: 58
Eric, are you gonna answer my question or not?!

dont be so rude man if hes actually seen ur posts and wants to answer then he will!

if u can pay for it urself, surely u can now buy what u want? but u shud observe ur parrents house rules, reason with them calmly and maturely they may come round.

Username: Matt9876

Sorry. I wasn't intending to be rude, man. I just have low patience. I've had low patience all my life. As for observing my parents' house rules, well, that's too tough for me. At my age, people just make decisions without asking their parents first. Besides, my parents did say that I can save up my money for tower speakers. Also, my name is actually Matt. I typed Mike by mistake. That was a typo. Therefore, please call me Matt.

Also, do you think that tower speakers will overpower an 8 ft x 8 ft. bedroom?

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 553
how do you not only misspell your name but also your username? wow that is a new standard to live up to. 8x8 is tiny for floorstanders. is this your own bedroom? where are you gonna put the bed, or for that matter the speakers?

Post Number: 5
The speakers will be right by one of my windows. It will be the window on the right of my bed. My shoerack will go in my closet, and my hamper will stand between the speakers. As for the name question, I did not also misspell my username, just my full name. Sorry.

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 555
Mike
Bronze Member
Username: *Stereo_genious*
USA
Post Number: 58

Matt
Username: *Matt9876*
Post Number: 5

need i say more?

Post Number: 6
What are you doing, Christopher Lee? Are you making fun of what I did? Please don't. When people mock me like that, I get really steamed up.

I did not misspell my username as well. I changed it because I felt like it.

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 556
then dont leave yourself open for it. its still hard to understand how "mike" comes from "matt" due to a spelling error. must have had some spasm or something.

Username: Kenzpiano

NJ

15 yr olds are too young to be playing with home theater equipment

Username: Matt1234

Post Number: 2
What makes you say that, Kendrick? I too deserve a home theater system for my bedroom. I made the dean's list all through my first year of college, in both semesters, I work a part-time job that I am not that crazy about (bagging groceries, but I am keeping it because the people there are polite), I am polite (I do not tease people who have smaller sound systems than me, unless you count my younger sister), and I help my parents shovel snow in the winter. I avoid drugs and alcohol at all costs, I never smoke, and I have very few friends.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
By the way, do you guys have any suggestions on how I can convince my parents to let me get a TV for my room? I mean, I have a part-time job, and I am turning 20 in 3 months. Any suggestions?

Bronze Member

The reason why I mentioned that I have a part-time job and am turning 20 in a few months is because I think that with this kind of status of mine, I should be allowed to make this decision on my own.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3586
Are you paying rent and utilities?

If you are, then by all means do so, but if not, you are an adult and it would only be proper not to leech more out of the people providing for you by buying equipment that will drive up the utilities bills. After all you are an adult, it does not matter if you "deserve" whatever it is you think you deserve, it does not matter if you made the Dean's list. If you are paying rent and utilities you do not need to convince anybody about what you should have in the space you are paying for, unless there are bylaws prohibiting certain things in your rental agreement.

"Convince your parents"? Please...you know how juvenile that sounds, coming from an almost 20 year old.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
No, I am not paying rent and utilities. Also, are you telling me that since I am an adult, I cannot be allowed to have fun with electronics or anything else?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
As for you Eric, since I have patiently waited for you to answer my question about your KLH speakers, and still did not see you answer my question about them, I will ask you one more time: How much bass can those KLH speakers pound out? And please do not ignore me because when I ask someone a question and they do not give me an answer in return, I feel like they are ignoring me just to tease me. Therefore, I am going to remind you once to please answer the question.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3601
Matt,
You are completely missing the point. I never said that you are not allowed to have fun with electronics.

I am saying that you are an adult, and if you learned anything during your formative years, it should already be ingrained in your person something called integrity and doing the right thing. You are living off someone else's provisions, the right thing to do would be not to ask more for they have provided you with more than enough. At least offer something for the hand out they are giving you, you probably do now, who knows.

By all means, have fun, but as an adult, do you really think that asking people on how to "convince your parents" on letting you buy a TV is consistent with being an adult?

Like I said you are an adult, you can do whatever you want. But do not forget, being an adult also carries with it responsibilities, a lot more than you think you have.

Have your fun, you don't need permission from anybody.

Username: Kidstereo

All right, guys. If Eric is going to decide not to give me a review of his KLH speakers for whatever reason, can anyone else give me a good review of them? I need a good detailed review, not just a quick review because I have only been able to find them online, not in stores. I need to know everything about them, including how smooth and silky the treble is, do the speakers suffer from midrange suck out, and how much bass can they pound out? I need to know everything.

Also, as for Berny, what do you mean by am I paying rent and utilities? In other words, how much rent and utilities should I pay? All or some?

Also, I do so believe that I deserve to have a TV in my room because I can afford it, therefore, I should I be allowed to buy it. My motto: "If you have the money to buy something yourself and pay for it yourself, go for it."

I also need to let you know, Berny, that if I just go out and buy a TV for my room without my parents knowing and without their permission, then they will make me return it.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3753
Never mind Matt, forget anything I've said. You probably already did:-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 2272
Why dont they want you to have a TV??

Bronze Member
Username: Whatareyoudoing

Post Number: 39
Matt,
looks like you stole all that equipment with some friends of yours.
Have you got the receipt for it all

Whatareyoudoing?, I did not steal that equipment! I am not a criminal! I just asked for a good detailed review of those KLH speakers, and instead, you decide to falsely accuse me of something I wouldn't even dream of doing! So please, Whatareyoudoing?, if you can't find anything nice to say about me, then just keep quiet, because I have trouble taking jokes!

As for you Paul, well, the reason why my parents won't let me have a TV in my room is because they are so worried about me spending too much time in my room (eye roll).

Gold Member

Post Number: 3764
Matt,

quote:
"looks like"

I think this person is referring to the others with posted pictures, and assumed it was you.

Bronze Member
Username: Whatareyoudoing

Post Number: 57
Matt,

Sorry I take that back.

I meant the other guy...

It's okay, whatareyoudoing?. By the way, does Eric Pisanko still use this forum, or has he deleted his account or something? The reason why I ask this is because it has been three months since I asked him about his speakers and he still has not answered me. Can somebody please tell what is going on here?

Bronze Member

Also, I would like everyone to take a vote. How many of you think that 8 x 12 ft. is tiny for surround sound?

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 603
eric is a dooshbag. dont bother with him. as for your tv, grow up. if you want it bad enough just go buy it. they wont let you buy, oh well. accept life.

Bronze Member

Can somebody please give me a good detailed review of those KLH speakers? Okay, okay, I will quit belly-aching over the TV issue, but in return, I will be expecting one of you guys to give me a good, detailed review of those KLH speakers. I need to know good how their treble quality is, how clear their midrange is, and how much bass do they pound out?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
TRU BLU, that was not my question. I asked for a good detailed review of those KLH towers. I did not ask for a list of bass tracks.

Post Number: 9
flippin heck matt your like a broken record.

no ones prob gonna give u a review, especially with ur grumpy attitude.

get over it, man! decide fron the specs and just buy em, its been how long!?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
Okay, okay, Dale, I didn't mean to be so grumpy. I'm sorry. Jesus Christ, are you guys starting to hate me for some reason or something? The reason why I asked for a good detailed review of them is because Best Buy isn't selling them in-store for whatever reason, and if I decide to buy them and all of a sudden become disappointed with their sound quality, then I'll feel like I'm wasting money.

Good God, all I asked for is a good review on a pair of speakers, and instead, I get criticized for my attitude. Well, Dale, let me make this clear to you once and for all. I have a social disorder that makes me get "grumpy" more easily than other people. I don't mean to be grumpy. It just happens naturally with me, but please, I'm working on it. Please, try to bear with me. I'm really sorry that my attitude isn't always the greatest.

I'm also really sorry if I sound like a broken record. I didn't realize I was sounding like one. The reason why I came to this forum is because the people here seemed good and helpful. I didn't know that I could get criticized for asking a question.

Rock Spring, GA USA

Matt, what kind of speakers do you want? These KHLs have more of deep bass sound, but aren't as accurate. The highs aren't going to be as good on these either, so it probably won't be so "life-like", or defined. You might want to reconsider which speakers you want. Personally, I wouldn't buy any KHL speakers because they are a cheaper brand. I hope this helps.

I'm not looking for bass accuracy. Instead, what I look for in a speaker is bass quanity in the sub-150 Hz region. Not accuracy, SPL. I also need speakers that will sound better than my piece-of-junk JVC shelf system, which has a big frequency hump in the 1-4 Khz region.

Rock Spring, GA USA

Ok, these are fairly good speakers for the price and what you want. I would go ahead and buy them. What kind of receiver are you using with these? If your using the JVC, getting new speakers won't help much.

I am NOT going to be using the JVC shelf unit to drive these things. In fact, I do not know which receiver I will be using to drive these things. Any recommendations?

Also, if I sound like a broken record, I do apologize.

Oops, double-posted by mistake. Sorry.

Bronze Member

Rock Spring, GA USA

if you want a good and cheap stereo reciever, onkyo is alright. Kenwood is a little cheaper and might not sound so good.

Bronze Member

Rock Spring, GA USA

Post Number: 12
you need to look for a receiver thats best for you and what your using it for.

Username: Kingkongiu

I am a college kid and have been using a system given to me by my uncle when he moved to texas. It's a marantz system from the late 80s, two cabinets with 15" woofers and a marantz st150 receiver. When I got a hold of the speakers they had been sitting for years and all were dry rotted. I refoamed the woofers, but my roomate ended up throwing a controller through one and it seized up. I am looking for a replacement woofer for it. It is a 80s marantz speaker model sp1500 and was wondering if anyone knew where I might be able to find drivers for them. (I have been looking for months and can't find this particular model) Thanks
-Jake-

Bronze Member

Rock Spring, GA USA

Post Number: 15
you don't need another marantz woofer to replace your old one, just buy a different brand 15" woofer and it should work fine with it.

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 749
jake, your question will be better answered in the home audio section. try searching for OEM woofers on the net on ebay or audiogon. if all else fails contact marantz and they may be able to provide one for you or guide you to a woofer that matches theirs. alex, you cant just slap any woofer to a speaker. the speakers are designed with a certain woofer in mind. slapping something will alter basically all parameters making the box, crossover, basically the whole speaker useless. the speaker will work but it will not work as well as it did before.

srthserhtshtsht
Unregistered guest
This is Gonzaga,(formerly 666_Gonzo_666)

I have recently aquired a Quest 10" 150 watt sub and am running it off my Sony, they work very well together, though the Sony runs circles around the Quest with demanding music at high levels, other than that its awsome.

I have upgraded my TV to a 46" Mitsubishi rear projection, it does the job.

Does anyone have a Kenwood Basic M2A for sale near or in British Columbia?

Please post

Bronze Member
Username: Yamahaboy2123

Post Number: 22
eric is a dooshbag. dont bother with him.

That was called for.....

Anyways sorry for not replying here lately. Have been very busy with my car, school, friends...all that good stuff

Matt, the speakers put out good bass. The subs from the picture are back in my room. I have much nicer subs in my car now in a sealed box. The speakers in the back are now on my wall, and subs are in my closet. My computer sound is hooked up to my whole 'system'.

I actually found this thread by googleing something...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us