Power cords

Bronze Member
Username: Morph

Post Number: 23
I am now a FIRM believer in aftermarket powercords! After switching from a high end to a radio shack special back to an entry level Shunyata venom, for my amp, I heard a DISTINCT difference, yes they do make a difference!!!

Gold Member
Username: Mike3

Wylie, Tx USA

Post Number: 1785
Darren,

I would agree. Some folks do tube rolling, I am doing power conditioner / power cord rolling. Has anybody else gone down this path and if so can you share your experiences?

I am beginning to think that power cords are an element to your kit like the phono cartridge is. I could easily see spending up to 10% to 20% of the cost of your gear on power cords. I am learning the differences with my working through this.

I have had Monster AVS 2000 and Reference HT 5100 products. Panamax 5100, and Shunyata Guardian 2. I am using and sticking with a PS Audio Duet Conditioner for now.

I have Van Evers, MIT Z Cord (4m), Element Cable Red Storm, and Shunyata Venom (I sold my Shunyata Taipan Alpha Helix) power cords. I just ordered a PS Audio Premier SC power cord. I guess if whatever gear I buy has a replaceable power cord I will replace it.

I do have one question that is nagging me. Do you put your best cords at the source with the worst cords into the wall outlet (power conditioner in between) or the best cords to the wall with the worst cords at the source (power conditioner in between)?

Yes I know and I have tried it myself both ways, I am wanting to know your thougths. My just trying it doesn't do much since none of my cables are from the same company. So if I have my Van Evers at the source and my Element Cable at the wall is it better than the opposite because which cable is better?

Until you can answer that you ask the question above like I just did.

I think there is a truth in there which I would like to do, buy all the cords the same, but what if one cord is more important than another?

Gold Member
Username: Mike3

Wylie, Tx USA

Post Number: 1786
OK I just noticed the OP was in 2008 not a week ago...

Username: Mike19

Tallahassee, Fla USA

Post Number: 7
Hi Mike.

In case you are still checking this thread, the best cable goes from wall to conditioner.

I collect PCs as if they were baseball cards. I have Element, Zebra, MAC (My Audio Cable), Acoustic Research, Signal and 3 PS Audio models. They run from 14 to 8 gauge. I have the 8 going from wall to PSA Duet.

Mike
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us