DVI TV with HDMI set top box and HDMI PS3

Username: Digidutch

Post Number: 1
Wondering how to attach PS3 via HDMI as well as settopbox via HDMI to my TV which only has 1 DVI input. Can I use splitter that has 2 HDMI's to 1 DVI and use audio cables via toslink to home theater?

Username: Mattp

Spokane, Wa United States

Post Number: 1
Yes, if your TV only has 1 DVI input one of the best options will be an HDMI switcher (available from Terk Technologies, Gefen, Key Digital and other manufacturers) with two or more inputs and 1 output. For the output you will want either an HDMI cable with a DVI connection on one end if you don't have one already. And yes, for you audio connection you can use the toslink digital audio directly to your home theater receiver.

At the cost of an HDMI switching device it may be worthwhile to consider upgrading your home theater receiver to something that would have multiple HDMI inputs. Something like the Onkyo TX-SR606 receiver would be a simple solution.

Bronze Member
Username: Mheath8663

Post Number: 20
I found a resonably priced HDMI switcher at Find A Cable

http://www.findacable.com/servlet/the-5953/IMPACT-ACOUSTICS%3F-3-dsh-PORT-HDMI%3 F/Detail

Username: Onecall

Post Number: 5
That looks like it should work well enough, and if you have a learning universal remote you should be able to use your universal remote to control the switching device.

I'm not familiar with Find A Cable, I've not purchased from them before. I would suggest making sure you are familiar with them and their policies before making the purchase.

I would also suggest taking a few moments to make sure you have the cables you will need.

MattP.

Bronze Member
Username: Mheath8663

Post Number: 21
I've odered from Find A Cable several times. I've always gotten great service and they usually ship the same day you order.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us