Audioquest DBS speaker cables

Username: Lvmybw

Colorado Springs, CO USA

Post Number: 2
I am looking to upgrade my speaker wire. I want to bi-wire my speakers. Are the speaker wires that are single bi-wire with treble and base ends the real thing? I read an article that stated the treble had to be a thinner wire and the base was a thicker wire. My local store recommends a pair of Audioquest Rocket 88's with the 72volt DBS system is good for the money at $500 a pair. Has anyone ever used these cables and do they make a difference. Thanks

Scott

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 15026
What kind of improvement do you think a $500 cable will provide?

REad up
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/accessories/6528.html

Username: Lvmybw

Colorado Springs, CO USA

Post Number: 3
I want the signal (music) to sound clearer. I want to hear a distinctive differance in the high and low frequencies. I may not have to spend $500. I have monster cable right now. If I can get good wire for $250 and hear a difference, I would buy that. $500 was my limit. Thanks for the link it was helpful.

Scott

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15030
I really am not a believer in using cables for anything else other than connectivity between components.

I've tried the expensive cables before thinking that there will be significant improvements in my system but it did not happen. Things were certainly different but that was the end of it, I heard no improvements, just differences.

I am currently using Kimber and Blue Jeans cables and some speaker wires I bought from partsxpress.com. And I am quite happy with them.

There are people that will claim that they hear a big improvement by using such and such cables and what have you, but I don't. Who knows, maybe you will be able to hear an improvement.

The best thing is to try out the cables for yourself and see if they are worth $250 or even $500.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15110
And here is a link you may find of use:

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/accessories/342576.html
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums