Power Conditioner - What is it and What Do I need?

Frank1203
Unregistered guest
Hi - I wasn't sure where to post this, so I posted it here and in Home Theater..

I've been acting as my own General Contractor for a Home Theater System purchase and installation. With the help of many of you in this forum, I feel as though I purchased what I believe is the right equipment for me which includes: Rotel RMB-75 Power Amp; Rotel RSX-1056 Surround Sound Receiver; Yamaha DVDC950 DVD/CD Changer; Paradigm Speakers - Studio 100 front; Studio 20 Rear PW2100 Sub-Woofer and CC-470 Center Speaker and an LG 42 inch Plasma TV.

I also found a reputable pertson to do the installation as I was a bit leary with having the installation done through local audio stores where I purchased the various equipment. I got some estimates, but just wasn't comfortable.

Anyway - all this brings me to my question. I have the equipment. I have the installer. My final piece of the puzzle is what other items are needed to do the installation? Let's rule out wire and connectors and a Plasma Tilt Mount because thats pretty straight forward, but what about Line / Power conditioning and surge protection? Everyone I talk to tells me something different that I need. All of the Audio Store intallation estimes included a Monster HTS2600 Line Conditioner and a Panamax MIWINWALL Surge for the Plasma. Yet - my independent installer is recomemnding a Furman Line Conditioner and a Monster MP HTS 2000 MK11 surge protector. Help! I would appreciate any input here. I don't have a huge budget for this extra (but neeeded) equipment, so based on the equipment configuration that I described above, what are some good recommendations for line conditioners and Surge protectors? Do I need them? For that matter - what else do I need? The installer will pretty much let me purchase whatever I want, but I don't know what I want or need. Any help would be most appreciated. The installation is happening early next week. Thanks!

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 4809
Did you ever settle this?

Bronze Member
Username: Tomcat

Allentown, PA

Post Number: 15
I am putting together a similar setup and in need of a recommendation on line/power condtioner and perhaps with a UPS. Can someone tell me what I need and what is a good place to get it.

Bronze Member
Username: Hannjeff

Halifax, Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 20
Im in the same situation, and by the way Frank, killer setup. I just bought all paradigm speakers as well, I got the monitor series, I took the monitor 9s, the cc370, the adp370, and a prd8 sub. I have a cheesy samsung 32" crt, a sony reciever, and a yamaha dvds657. I am running 2 20 year old power bars and im sure there causing problems. I dont have a cleu what to get, I know I need a good power bar with a good surge protection, what about a ups?

Silver Member
Username: Nency

Post Number: 215
Hello friend very nice and informative information sharing. Really i like this post and friend this post is very importance. I share to all my friends..Keep submit more..

Thanks for..

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 15975
you are welcome for..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums