Replacing Carpet with Laminate Floor in Family Room

Username: Reuben432

Post Number: 3
So the time has come to replace my dingy old carpet in the house for laminate flooring. My concern is the overall effect this could possibly have on my surround sound system. Currently I am running a Denon AVR1804 with Mission 6.1 speakers. My fronts are mounnted on the wall, my rears are on speaker stands right behind the couch and my sub is in the far corner of the back of the room. Sound acoustics are great, good Bass and good sound from all my speakers. My concern is with changing out the carpet and going to laminate what are the potential downfall's I might incur with regard to sound, and is there a simple soluition to rectify that? Ideally i would hope for little to no change, or maybe somewhat better with the possible "echoey" effect from the floor boards, but I am not sure. Also, I am looking to invest in a good underlayment with sound insulation to help with the creaking when walking on them. Could this also help my overall cause?

Username: 865warren

Post Number: 8
I am not sure if it will have a huge impact on your sound system. We had the carpet in our living room changed to wood flooring recently and I have the feeling that the sound got better through it. I have to admit however, that my sound system isn't too advanced.
I am sure another person will be more knowledgeable and will be better able to help you.
You might also find some information on this site about flooring: http://www.csun.edu/~jlg70068/business/flooring.html
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us