Monster hts 400

bodin
Unregistered guest
Hi.
I wanna know if monster hts400 will do any good. I have only three units to plug in: DVD player, surround receiver and tv, and the four outlets on hts 400 maybe just enough.
thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Eramsey

South carolina United States

Post Number: 16
The Monster brand conditioner you describe is quite adequate. I myself use a Panamax surge protector/line conditioner. I fully believe that surge protectors/line conditioners are great things for an audio system. When I was in school pursuing my electronics degree, some other students and myself connected an AC outlet to an o scope for a period of 24 hours and got a printout of the results. The amount of voltage spikes,although short in duration,was incredible. These spikes over time are harmful to your equipment. I must stess however, that there is really no need to spend more than about $300-$400 on one of these units as you are just paying for more outlets and features but basically the same protection. I would also stay away from units like the Blue Ring which is a whopping $700 for the entry model! This unit splits the single phase household current (120vac U.S) into two 60v phases. This is not a good idea as it will add even more noise. E. Ramsey AAS industrial electronics
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us