Monster Cable PowerCenter HTS2000 Surge Protection

Username: Lmbear

Post Number: 3
I just bought a Sony 50" Grand Wega and the salesman at BestBuy said that this is a must. I am using a regular surge protector right now, but he said that this will guarantee that the TV is always getting the correct amount of juice. I know he is a salesman and is trying to make a sale but is this a valid statement. At 200 bucks should I run out and get it or stick with the surge protector I've got. Is there a cheaper alternative?

Larry

Username: Hawk

Post Number: 97
Larry:

Your Best Buy salesman is either throwing snow on you or he is really ignorant.

The HTS2000 is a power conditioner, but it is not a voltage stabilizer. All the HTS2000 purports to do is to filter out any noise that may be in the electrical power coming from the wall. Thus, it does do more than your surge protector as your surge protector merely guards against electrical spikes, but does nothing for low level noise. However, the HTS2000 does not, I repeat, DOES NOT, guarantee that the TV gets the right amount of juice. That would be a voltage stabilizer. Monster Power makes a couple of those, but they start at something more like $1500.

Let me ask you this: before you got your new TV (very nice, BTW!), did you notice any snow or other video interference? Do you get snow or other crappy pictures when you wife uses your blender or mixer in the kitchen? If the answer is yes to either question, then the HTS2000 may help you. However, if not, it is unlikely that you would get any benefit by buying a line conditioner over your current surge protector.

I hope this helps.

Username: Lmbear

Post Number: 6
Hawk,

Thanks a lot for setting my mind at ease. I had a feeling that the bestbuy guy was blowing smoke, but needed to get more information. He was very condescending and dishonest. I am happy to say that I did not give him (bestbuy) my business on any of the electronics that I have bought in the past or will buy in the future. Since I am not having any of the symptoms described I will just stick with a quality surge protector. I paid a lot of money for this TV and I just want to make sure I protect my investment.

Thank you very much for you time.

Larry

Username: Rh1

Post Number: 9
They tried the same with me. Although they did recommend component cables for my system, which is a must. Monster cables are the way to go.

Anonymous

As a test: NOTE: do this in a very dark room for maximum effect. First, watch a few minutes of your favorite DVD. Then, without touching the TV controls....STOP THE DVD AND SHUT IT OFF...
My TV without power conditioning had a slight glow and static/snow. WITH a good conditioner, my screen is now JET BLACK. The difference is all the junk in you power which degrades everthing in your system. The static/snow corrupts the picture even when you think it is good. NOW< go buy a good calibration DVD...AVIA or VideoEssentials and get back with us......
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us