Pat Metheny Group Re-Masters ...

Bronze Member
Username: Blazingarrow74

Chicago, IL U.S.A.

Post Number: 16
Hi Everyone ... I am a big Pat Metheny fan and have some of his Albums including Still Life (Talking), and Letter From Home ... Recently, these albums (among others to come) have been re-mastered and re-released ... I've been looking all over the net for an A-B comparisons of the original CD Releases v. the Re-Mastered ones ...

Does anyone have or at least heard both versions of either of the two albums? ... I would like to know the differences ... I know many of you may say that if I was a true fan, I would pick them up anyway ... haha ... but as I've been recently un-employed, money is too tight to risk $30 for two albums that might possibly sound worse than the originals ...

I have only heard 2 comments on this: 1. Still Life sounds "better" (with no specific explanation) and 2. Letter From Home sounds "louder" ...

Any comments are welcome (including links on the subject I may have missed {^.^} ... Thanks Everyone !!

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 7540
I am curious about this as well. I don't think I want to spend money on re-masters or new versions of the same stuff just because it is out there or it is the latest and supposedly the greatest version. I wonder if it is worth the duplication.

Bronze Member

Chicago, IL U.S.A.

Post Number: 28
Yep ... I'm beginning to thik that this is one of those threads I'll just have to ignore and wait on for a few months ... PMG isn't THAT niche are they Berny !?

Bronze Member

Chicago, IL U.S.A.

Post Number: 52
Hmmm ... Looks Like I'll just have to see for myself one day ... Oh Well ...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us