Electric Guitar Players

Bronze Member
Username: Rideredder

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 100
I am looking for a good electric guitar forum page. I have been searching the Internet all day and can't find a really good one. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 4553
Did you ever find one?

Silver Member

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 127
Yeah, www.thegearpage.net , but now i'm looking for an nitro RC car forum page and finding nothing good. The one I found says I can't register with a "free type" E-mail address. What's up with that.

Username: Doughy_fella

Post Number: 3
a "free type" email address is 1 such as a yahoo or hotmail addy. when it asks that, just put in the address that u have with ur IP. eg. a bigpond or optus 1.

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Parkhill, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1753
Hey guys, just picked up the guitar thread.
Going to Memphis in May, and touring the Gibson factory with my girl, intending to buy her an electric.
She is a beginner, but dedicated with her acoustic.
I'm gonna guy her a classic electric, but don't know which.
She has small hands, and is playing a 3/4 now.
Does Gibson make a guitar with a thinner neck?

BTW, I be shelling 2 large for a classic w/amp.

Cheers

Gold Member

Parkhill, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1798
http://www.lynx.net/~jc/

Check this out Mark.
Blow your mind, bro.

Silver Member

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 262
I wish I had that kind of money to spend on equipment. I just bought a solid state half stack for $500. I love Gibson guitars, but I had to settle for Epiphone cause it was about three hundred bucks cheaper.

Gold Member

Parkhill, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1835
Mark, the Epi line is very very good value!
Ask Alex Lifeson, The Wilson sisters or Rik Emmet.
The axe is fine, the player?
You tell me.

Enjoy!

Silver Member

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 263
Yeah, I guess you could still call me a beginner. I've only been playing for three years self taught, never had a lesson. The Epi was the first guitar I ever bought and I love it, I just need to put different pickups in it. My next guitar will most likely be a Gibson or Epiphone because I have never played anything else and I don't want to buy something that I won't like.

Are you sold on Gibson for your girl, or do you think she will like something else? I don't know if Gibson makes a guitar with a thinner neck or not. What kind of amp are you looking for? A 1x12 or 2x12 combo amp would be good for a beginner, but I just bought a Crate half stack because it was almost cheaper than most of the 2x12 combo amps I was looking at. I like things loud and that gets plenty loud for me. The head way overpowers the cab though. I can't turn it up past half way before it starts to distort, but the clean channel sounds awsome at any level.

Gold Member

Parkhill, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1868
It's gonna be a Gibby, Mark, I am going to buy it from the factory at Memphis in May.

The amp should be about 1x10, but with custom tubes, and maybe a pedal or two.

Silver Member

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 264
Are tube amps really that much better than solid state? I've never played through one, but that is what everyone says. I've never used a any kind of pedal either. I know there are all different kinds, but I don't know what exactly it is that they do. For the style of music that I play, I would like a little more distortion than the amp gives. What kind of pedal will give me this?

Gold Member

Parkhill, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1878
Just about any one will mod the sound, most by adding focused distortion.
You can get a pedal to sound like Brian May(good one), or just about anything.
Most music stores will let you try the open ones, bring your axe.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us