Alan Parsons cd "A Valid Point" released today

Silver Member
Username: Sem

New York USA

Post Number: 226
For anyone interested, the new Alan Parsons electronica cd, "A Valid Point" was officially released today. I have a couple on order, (one to give as a gift), but am actually eagerly awaiting the 5.1 DVD-A release said to be coming out later this year. I've heard some of the songs, in their unfinished state, over the past 9 months. And although 'electronica' is not where I generally lean, I'm starting to warm up to them. I believe this album will lend itself very nicely to the whole surround experience. Parsons' unparalleled production and engineering are clearly evident throughout.

A couple early reviews...

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0002IQHY8

Silver Member

New York USA

Post Number: 232
Not sure what I was thinking on Aug 24th but really messed up the title. Its actually "A Valid Path" (not Point). At any rate, I've listened to this cd a number of times now, and must say it is an amazing recording. Its one that will sound, if this is possible, even much better in surround. There is just SO MUCH going on on this disc that I'm hearing new things each time I listen to it. One song starts out with the sound of distant thunder and rain, (love thunder in music ;-), along with a much closer sound of water dripping (seemingly at random), dancing back and forth between the speakers. After a few seconds you realize the water is dripping rhythmically to the eventual beat of the music. Cool effect.

If you're a Pink Floyd fan, you'll want to listen to the first track, which includes some searing David Gilmour guitar work.

I really feel that the 5.1 version, when released later this year, will be a must have disc to demonstrate what your surround system can do. In the mean time the redbook 2 channel disc sounds pretty impressive in its own right - even if electronica is not your thing.

Silver Member
Username: Arnold_layne

MadridSpain

Post Number: 120
Thanks Sem. One of those albums getting even better on each listening?

Silver Member

New York USA

Post Number: 233
--YEP--

(thanks Kegger!!)

Silver Member
Username: Ghiacabriolet

NC

Post Number: 310
Sem,

Thanks for the update. I believe I'll wait for the surround release to come out. It sounds intriguing!

Silver Member

New York USA

Post Number: 234
Ghia,

I'll be sure to update here when I hear of the release date of the DVD-A.

Silver Member

New York USA

Post Number: 274
For anyone interested, you can hear clips of all the songs on the cd, A Valid Path at: http://www.avalidpath.com/

I should be speaking with Mr. Parsons next month and if I remember, I'll ask him when the DVD-A is due out.

Silver Member

New York USA

Post Number: 328
I was able to speak with Mr. Parsons last week albeit ever so briefly. When I asked about the release date of A Valid Path in DVD-A, he said the surround mix has been completed and is ready to be sent (or already sent) in for production. It should be available sometime after the first of the year.

Silver Member

MadridSpain

Post Number: 253
Great news Sem! That's one album to get. Pity it wasn't ready in time for X-mas wish list :-)

Cheers
AL

Silver Member

New York USA

Post Number: 336
AL,
Yes, I was hoping it'd be released sooner but I guess it's not to be.

Meanwhile I received this email from one of the members of the Live Project:

"...In December the APLP goes to Los Angeles for KLOS
Radio's Christmas Show on the 16th, and then we play
The Grove Theater in Anaheim, California on the 17th.
We are scheduled to tour South America from January
12th through February 5th; this is followed by a brief
American tour in March with keyboard legend Rick
Wakeman, plus a return to Europe in April (including
shows in Paris, Russia, Belgium, and elsewhere)."

I'll let you know if I hear of anything close by to you. :-)

Silver Member

New York USA

Post Number: 374
Arnold Layne,
Some April dates in Spain and Italy are up on Pollstar. A word of caution, these dates are tentative until you see them on http://www.theavenueonline.info/
at that time consider them official. Anything nearby to you?

Date City, State Venue
Sat 04/02/05 Granada, SPA TBA
Sun 04/03/05 Mallorca, SPA TBA
Tue 04/05/05 Las Palmas, SPA Auditorio Alfredo Kraus
Wed 04/06/05 Las Palmas, SPA Auditorio Alfredo Kraus
Fri 04/08/05 Zaragoza, SPA Sala Multiusos
Sat 04/09/05 Granada, SPA Palacio De Congresos
Mon 04/11/05 Pescara, ITA TBA
Tue 04/12/05 Rome, ITA TBA
Thu 04/14/05 Modena, ITA TBA
Fri 04/15/05 Brescia, ITA TBA
Sat 04/16/05 Pordenone, ITA TBA
Sun 04/17/05 Trento, ITA TBA

Silver Member

MadridSpain

Post Number: 273
Thanks Sem. Unfortunately not nearby, closest is Zaragoza (3 hours by car) and Mallorca (50 min flight). Big thing would be Granada 1, iff arranged in Alhambra.

Cheers
AL

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us