John Williams, Master of composing.

Silver Member
Username: Thx_3417

Bournemouth, Dorset United Kingdom

Post Number: 663
Upload
How long have I been a John Williams fan, since "The Towering Inferno" 1974 the score was putting me on the edge for a 7 year old, and heightening the action scenes on the screen, and the next on was "Earthquake" 1974 Sensurround wow this knocked my socks off the opening of that film with the strings and that sound! What sound's like a moving glass effect, was neat then the whole orchestra suddenly slams into your chest, dame scary too and throwing me of the edge of the seat...

The next outing was it was not safe to swim, oh boy that was a head rush what are filmmakers play at hear trying to scare the living daylights out of us all...

Those first few beats of the score is a classic and an iconic musical signature that says "John Williams" or Steven Spielberg" and for 30 years now have had this collaboration in the telling of a story with visuals and score music as well as "George Lucas" when I see a film to day I always look at the poster outside the cinema and looking down to see who's scoring the music, film editing, visual effects, cinematography, and most times noting John Williams name and wondering what this sounds like in six-track Dolby SR-D "THX."

Awesome Star Wars totally blow me away and spaced out my mind for many years thank you George Lucas and John Williams for your moving scores of heart-warming joyfulness great listening pleasure....

Silver Member

Post Number: 673
Upload
Raiders of the Lost Ark, is a high octane adventure score ducking arrows escaping tarps and rolling boulders...

The theme for Indiana Jones, is so world widely recognized, and with three films scores for the dashing archaeologist, maybe the idea of Harrison Ford reprising the roll is not such a good idea, as he not as totally fit as he was 16 years ago and it would be a joke, but then again looking positively on it, if they can pull this off it would be grand to hear the Indiana March playing again in full spectacular John Williams style.

The last time I have heard the score at its best was at the CIC Empire Leicester Square September 13th 1989 in 70mm six-track Dolby stereo type SR and via the Lucasfilm THX sound system, every little detail of the score was played back with such power and fury it was the place to see it back then.

So in the mean time this will have to suffice, it's a classic scoring of engineering too by "Eric Tomlinson" who also mixed Star Wars, 1977 raiders as a lot of bass slamming in the mix, and I have to confess hear I do like it so much timpani BOOM.

The Miracle of the Ark, has a lot of string movement horns and some strange chilling musical sounds and that timpani kicking in, the swilling violins and the choir that is placed in the distance heightening the scores magic...

Silver Member

Post Number: 678
Upload
This is one tense score with a lot of instruments changing around and the dynamics are on a big scale to those huge systematic, monstrous killing tripods in the film, the death ray blast is chilling to the stings of viola and violins beating away to the images up there on the screen.

But when it comes to listening to the score on its own without dialogue and sound effects, there is signature sounds of Star Wars episode 3 Revenge of the sith, within the notation, and some new ones too, adding to this fast paced rhythm, is rawness but very opening and capturing the listener drawing you deeper and deeper into this world under attack from aliens bent on one purpose alone to see the extermination of the human race.

But this one does work very well, and though it may be only 2 channel, playing it in Dolby pro-logic II does give it a new approach, with the bass sent to the sub bass on the Re-EQ on the Kenwood KRF-X9050D just for this one occasion giving it an eventful ride...

Buy this one today, you wont be disappointed in this for all John Williams fans and the film score composer fan as well...

Morgan freeman narration was recognizable this first time I heard it in the cinema around three days ago now...

No one would have believed, in the early years of the 21st century, that are world was being watched by intelligences greater than own, but as men busied them self's about there very concerns, they observed and studied, the way a man with a microscope like scrutinize the creatures that swarm and multiply in a drop of water, with infinite complacence men went to and fro about the glob, confident of are empire over this world, yet across the gulf of space intellects vast and crawl and unsympathetic, regarded are planet with envious eyes and slowly and surely drew their plans against us

http://members.aol.com/jeff1070/script.html

Unregistered guest
Hello, John Williams' fans. I need your help. I'm from Brazil. In my town is very dificult to get JW soundtracks. Could somebody send me copies tracks of War of the Worlds, The Terminal and Memoirs of a Geisha (by e-mail ou tradicional mail?)
If this person exists, my e-mail is claudio@valeparaibano.com.br
Claudio Leyria, Sao José dos Campos City, State of Sao Paulo, Brazil

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us