Post Number: 14855
its a nice thought paul

Gold Member
Username: Magfan

USA

Post Number: 1308
Yes, the 'idylic life' dream.....
I confess to having the same dream.

Several movies with that as a theme....Too tired right now to cough up titles, but they're out there!

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 23126
I don't know. Maybe it's because I'm my father's son and sometimes see the glass half empty. It's just that I see so much as a human being and US citizen that disappoints me. I don't trust my government, my bank, the media, my mechanic or doctor and pretty much everyone in between. Shoot if I had one I probably wouldn't even trust my milkman lol.

I guess I miss penny candy, only having 6 channels on the tube to watch, the drive in, Atari, banana seat bikes and routines like always watching the 10 o'clock news on the same channel....every night. Remember finding a penny on the ground and thinking to yourself what you'll buy with it? Found a quarter? Holy crap! Found a dollar? You called your friends!!

Today my kids have too many choices and take everything for granted because of it. They live in an energized electronically connected world with anything they want and I constantly hear "I'm bored". Heck as a kid I killed 4 hours in the Summer simply by finding a new vine in the woods to swing on. Today I have to kick the kids out of the house.

That's the 21st century I suppose.

Funny. I'm suddenly thirsty for a glass of milk.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1331
caught ZARDOZ last nite. Sean Connery in a great role and a 'classic' (?) sci fi flick.
Just look at how many different roles and how many good movies Sean Connery has been in.

Gold Member
Username: Mrskullz1

New York

Post Number: 1708
I got seven days in may!!

Now its just a matter of me finding time to watch it lol

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1334
Glad the movie arrived. And good for companies like NetFlix which once you ask for it, won't let you forget.

If you enjoy this, and it might be a 'dated' movie since the cold war is pretty much over, I've got other titles. Depending on your politics, we are either in the midst of yet another war or the revolution took place at the ballot box.

If you want, how about an 'All cold war' night?
Dr Strangelove with Peter Sellers in 3 roles. Kubrick wanted him for 4 roles, but Sellers put his foot down. George C. Scott is perfectly cast. Kubrick was a Genius.
Fail Safe is the serious side of the Dr Strangelove coin. Look fast for some cameos.

Or how about Gruesome / Funny night?

Excalibur by John Boorman is really gritty and beautiful. Sexy, aware and about the flaws of people.
Flick #2? Either / OR
The Emerald Forest is another Boorman film taking place in the Amazon. Mystic and sensitive while having a nice bite of modern.
OR
Monty Pythons Holy Grail. Excalibur for laughs. And NO, you can't cross the bridge!

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1344
Caught the New LeoDi movie at the local cinema.

Man, this is the ONE. Must See.

Inception will knock your socks off.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23170
Really? It didn't get much hype from what I saw. Then again I'm not watching for any. I'll have to view it then since I'm rolling off Shutter Island.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23171
Wow. I did a bit of online research on Inception and I'm looking for my car keys now. Some say it's 10 times better than Matrix and quite possibly the best Sci-fi movie ever. Reviews are off the charts. While the official trailer is a tad confusing most say it plays out very well with an ending that is worth a years' wait.

I'm stoked.

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 1717
Ok....So i just saw Inception last night.........its a MUST SEE.

Soo much going on in the movie at times it can get hard for some to keep up with. Can also be confusing at times but its catches up by itself.

wow......so Leo what you think of the ending?
Were you happy with it? expected it?

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1346
NO SPOILER:
I won't say yet....maybe in an offline PM, but I don't want to have it said that I spoiled anything for anybody.

That being said. I LOVED it, ending and all. Inception is ALREADY on my Christmas List and I may get it in a BR/Standard copy so I'm READY when / if I go BR.

But, I will say it IS better than Matrix. lots. Leo Di who I've had my misgivings about did a terrific, tortured job while the bad guys were pretty bad, and not at all incompetent.

Will it make the 'short list' of alltime best SciFi? Time will tell.

HAVE FUN WITH THIS ONE>

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23172
Just got back. What an intensely deep movie this one is. Drain the weasel before sitting down though because if you miss a heartbeat you can lose a ton. Matrix has nothing on this one when it comes to the "rabbit hole".

I read a comment online about it from one viewer who was on acid and it blew his mind. Not for those who need everything on a plate as it demands constant attention and at least a little depth to fully grasp it all. I must say I got a text in the theater and no sooner did I put the phone down I regretted missing even that much.

No spoilers from me either but the ending left me exactly the same way Shutter Island did. I needed closure and it didn't deliver. Intentional no doubt lol.

All in all the best this year easily so far. Destined to be on my shelf.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1347
Shut the darn PHONE OFF.

If somebody's phone had gone off next to me during Inception I'd a took it away from 'em, put it on the ground and smashed it to bits. If my behavior was objectionable to this person, the next step would be to rip out a lung.

Than, I'd let the cops / lawyers / judges figure it out.
No jury would convict.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23175
Lol. It was on vibrate.

But I feel ya. Distractions are just one of the reasons I don't frequent cinemas. That and the cost, parking, ect. During the opening sequence of Ironman 2 the projector froze, immediately burning the film. It took them 15+ minutes to repair. Then when they got it rolling again the movie suddenly was 10 minutes in. My son and I were livid! The opening scene was the one I really wanted to see too! It was a Regal theater.

Have you noticed the trailers are multiplying? There must have been at least 6 before the film. Getting there 15 minutes early compounded with the trailers meant a good half hour's wait. Sucks.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1351
My moviegoing has dropped at least 1/2. Commercials before the movie. Cost of POPCORN which is an outrage and the fact they put some kind of CrankCase drippings on it is the final insult.

Movie ticket prices have gone up about 4x the rate of inflation since 1950 and it is no wonder that movie attendance has dropped as a %age of population during that same time frame. Of COURSE, 'stars' are paid incredible sums, supposedly to insure good box office, which drives up ticket prices which makes stars demand MORE money followed by fewer people going TO the movie. The ONLY guaranteed profit is to the MONEY PEOPLE who without coincidence ALSO keep the books.

The theaters near me, up the hill in Vista are DLP Projection. So, while the film doesn't burn, the software is sometimes 'buggy'....Windows, I guess.

I'd have DEMANDED a couple free passes. Indeed, when I was at a theater which had some problems, which took almost 25minutes to fix, the staff came out and handed out passes..... lots of 'em.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23177
Good for you. Now I have to wait until the DVD comes out to see the opening scene in Ironman 2. I'm sure as heck not paying to see it twice at the theater. We were told that they were sorry for the delay but it was due to circumstances out of their control. Yeah whatever.

Reminds me of a trip to Great Adventure one year. The place is a money pit. I waited in line for what seemed like forever for a new attraction called Houdini. Supposedly it was a magnificent experience involving illusion and false sense of vertigo. Some chit like that. We watched all the riders exiting with thumbs up and clapping only rising our expectations. Well after waiting in line and getting strapped in we waited. The room was pitch black. The anticipation was getting more and more intense. "This must be an amazing ride" I kept telling myself. Will there be flashing lights? Will the roof fly off and we'll get sucked up by an imaginary twister??? Anything. Something?

After about 3 minutes of just pure darkness the lights came on and the attendants walked in. "Ok, this is part of the ride, it HAS to be. What, are the attendants participants in this mystical grand illusion ?"

Nope. There was a malfunction. The ride was down. "You've GOT to be kidding me!!!" As we exited in pure disgust and disappointment we noticed they were immediately taking in new riders. Apparently they found the problem quickly and resumed operation. This was the biggest insult of the day.....week or month. We were told (by the oh so highly trained and qualified teenage staff) that we would have to wait at the back of the line if we wanted to ride again. Yes, we're all fit to be tied at this point. Well bottom line is all they offered us was a free drink coupon, which we had to redeem at the front office for our troubles. Mind you the front office is about a 20 minute walk from where we were.

Never did get to see the ride.....or get that coupon.

Paul hasn't been back to any Great Adventure since.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23178
Not to mention it's $4 for a can of coke!

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 1718
yeah Paul i've been to that Great Adventure many times. I go maybe 2 times during the summer and then again at fright fest. It's not that bad of a park - you just have to choose the right days to go.

EVERYTHING is overpriced there by like 10x the regular price. But it is what it is. It's better to bring your own stuff with you tho.

BTW that funnel cake shop has some pretty good funnel cake as soon as you enter the park lol. I always go to them.

Movie theaters are another one. I honestly enjoy going to the movie theater around my area. Especially on a Friday or Saturday night. I understand the prices are high there too but its just something abou this movie theater that keeps on dragging me there (90% its the girls haha). But the whole atmosphere and everything about it makes me happy.

Back onto Inception (i think we should make a thread on this like we did on Shutter Island). I liked the ending but like stated above, there was no closure.

But then it wouldn't be Leo's movie. Anyways, i'm going to download it and watch it again. I KNOW i'm missing SOMETHING.

I even thought for a second, could it have been possible that he was always in Level 3?

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1355
I live near enough to 'Dismal Land' to go during the off season or when they have special offers for residents of much of Southern California. Been there with so few people that I rode Space Mountain 5 times in less than 70 minutes. Once, just got off, ran for it and was back on in 5 minutes. Going for the record, I guess.
Same can be said for Universal Studios. I tend to avoid Knott's and Tragic Mountain.
Movies, though....are less and less relevant to me. I want a PLOT. CHARACTER and ACTING. A good 'hook' is a must. Effects are, in modern movies, a 'given', but you can't base the WHOLE MOVIE on 'em......like several I could mention.
Most don't deliver. Can only take so much of SAPPY movies and won't go to anything else with Hugh Grant. Unless he plays a hit man or some tragic figure. Julia Roberts? had my fill.
Nah, to get me to part with the excessive amount of cash they want it'd better be a real good, original screenplay, well produced with good production values and cast.

Any fans of Arrogant B*st*rds? Even my wife liked it, and she usually goes for either sappy or touchy/feely.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1381
Doing TIVO thing of Shaun of the Dead.

What a crackup. I'll watch it 'commercial free' tomorrow.

Silver Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 960
DVR / TIVO was a great invention.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23208
Man I tell ya. Couple years back I splurged and bought an Archos portable media player. Man it does it all. Music, video, internet, records tv (as long as you spent an extra $100 on the docking station, which I did), touch screen, full remote, ect. The thing is a beast. Great for recording the superbowl on and being the hero at work that Monday for highlights. 30 gig HD means storing tons.

Ok, now reality. While the unit itself is pretty stable and is packed with features it does come with some glitches. It has a tendency to negatively react to static electricity. Meaning it shuts off when exposed to that tiny jolt you get in the winter months. Second and by far my largest beef is the battery. It's not user serviceable and has a lifetime of about a year. At least for me it did. I used it sparingly and always kept it on its' charging dock. Now after a full charge it lasts 1-2 minutes and dies. The only way I can use it now is to keep it on its' docking station. Kinda defeats the concept of portability doesn't it?

The battery is an internal one that is soldered into place. With somewhat minor skills and good eyes you can replace it yourself but you shouldn't have to. A battery in ANY electronic device should be a swap out item. Naturally the warranty expires long before your battery will leaving you with paying $60 for a new battery and a lesson on micro soldering techniques, unless you want to pay to have it shipped and repaired.

Now it's just an item sitting on top of my tv, inside its' docking station, charging light blinking and all.

Sometimes I envision it talking to me and commenting on my $400 investment saying:..........................."You dumbshit".

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1398
What kind of battery? NiCad needs to be run 'flat' before recharge.
It has memory effect which will build a floor under available power.
I don't know about NiMhd or Lithium.

Wear a ground strap when handling this stuff?

Mr. Skulz:: Any time for 7 Days in May yet?

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

2 hifonics 2607s, 2dcSounds12xls SPL\idmax12SQ

Post Number: 15138
I picked up ghost rider on bluray at target today for $10 and it had a free movie offer to see the movie salt. A movie I wanted to see....not a bad deal

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 1744
Leo - i had started it on Saturday (watched about an hour into it) but had to run some errands. Hate when that happens! So far the movie is not that bad. I'm not into the whole politics scene but i think its just starting to get interesting. Seems as if nobody can be trusted at this point in the movie. Hopefully i'll finish it off tonight or tomorrow depending on my schedule.

I have yet to see Shaun of the Dead......i heard it was hilarious but just never got around watching it. Need more time for movies!

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1432
When you restart '7 Days', wind it back a few minutes.

I'll take political movies off the list.......you like SF / Adventure?

Keep me posted on result::

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23259
Just watched "A beautiful Mind" again with Russel Crow and my personal fav Jennifer Connelly. The movie is beautiful to watch and takes a bit of discipline to get the final outcome but well worth watching. I snatched it off my shelf because of my recent interest in Shutter Island. For those who have see both know my intention of similarities in plot.

It's a mind fluck so to speak lol.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23260
P.S.

If Jennifer ever needed a shoe shine my azz would be right there lol!!!!

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1463
Hitchcock's 'Notorious' on tonight.
Ingrid Bergman, Cary Grant with a good supporting cast including some European stars of the time.....just to get the accents right?

Great, 4 check movie mixing love and romance with mystery and a select group of 'bad guys'......Some real Rio footage, too.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15148
yeah paul i was just saying how similar those two movies are

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1483
A Beautiful Mind gets my vote because it was based on a brilliant person, who just happened to be a little nutty.

I like Shutter Island because it was just so.....atmospheric.
I'd have filmed it in B&W with maybe the scenes of remembering his children in color. But that's just me.

Gold Member

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 1071
Did anyone ever see "The life of david gale"? I think the late 90s had a lot of great movies. I'm not sure what it was, but for a while a bunch of great movies came out and then hollywood kind of shifted.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23311
Never heard of it. I agree that Hollywood does indeed change.

In case some of you young folk want to see a comedy classic check out Tom Hanks in Money Pit. While I'm partial to any movie he's in this one was original and epic scene packed. Come to think of it I can't recall Shelley Long in any other success like it.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15162
yeah ive never heard of that one either

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1493
Paul,
and for those who Enjoyed 'The Money Pit', please check out the ORIGINAL....it's still the best.

'Mr Blandings Builds His Dream House'....
Cary Grant, Myrna Loy, and others you'll recognize.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mr._Blandings_Builds_His_Dream_House

Gold Member

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 1084
If you've never seen The Life of David Gale, its a must see, really. It was the sort of movie that when I first watched it, the ending sent chills down my spine. It has a GREAT ending but the entire movie is excellent. Definitely one of my favorites. It stars Kevin Spacey.

Gold Member

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 1085
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0289992/

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1499
Saw 'The Other Guys' yesterday.
What a scream. Really funny, entertaining with Mark Wahlberg giving as well as he receives.

Why didn't I think of that to finance myself thru College?

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 1767
I saw The Other Guys last night as well - ehh...i don't think it deserves as much as a 72% on RT. Yes, certain parts were hillarious but overall I don't think it was worth watching at the theaters. I'd rather have taken my chances with Scott Pilgrim Vs The World - which I think I may watch tonight lol.

I love Will Farrrel's (sp?). ALL his movies entertain me. Mark Wahlberg is another class act. He's a great actor - regardless of what roles I've seen him play. Everything suited him fine. It's just something about The Other Guys that was lacking - perhaps an original story? The storyline was pretty boring, meaning nothing special or out of the blue. Typlcal movie storyline - and to be honest, I was even confused at times at what exactly was going on lol. It's Will's randomness which brought me to see the movie - which was right on.

BTW - loved the scene in the beginning when they are talking about the lion and the tuna LMAO.

Shake ur d!cks - pissin contest is over hahah

6.5/10 from me

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15166
ill make a note to see the life of david gale

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15167
I picked up two new complete movie collections recently

fast and furious quadrilogy

and

die hard the ultimate collection

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1502
Paul, 'ya can't tell me you didn't like Shelly Long in that awful movie with Bette Midler....about a couple 'drama' students getting 2-timed by a bad guy? It was on a couple nites ago and even the wife watched it.....

Tonite? The Hangover was on and it was just as good as the 1st time.
I Tivo'd Kung Pow-Fist of Fury....and BOY is it AWFUL and funny, in a train wreck sort of way.

You really need to see 'Mr Blandings', Paul. If you don't like it, in this case, I'll issue a 100% money back guarantee. Save receipts and a reasonable charge for adult beverages, if you do NOT like it.

Gold Member

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 1091
They're making a new Die Hard.

Gold Member
Username: John_s

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 2760
Some summer rentals worth mentioning.

TWO MOVIES WITH STEVE ZAHN

A PERFECT GETAWAY
An almost perfect B-movie thriller that actually picks up momentum after the big surprise twist is revealed. My wife liked this one and she's very picky. Bonus: Milla Jovovich is gorgeous.

RESCUE DAWN
Wasn't looking forward to watching another Vietnam movie, so I had my finger close to the Stop button. But I am a fan of Werner Herzog, a crazy German director who'll stop a nothing to achieve his vision with no CGI or other camera tricks. Rescue Dawn is closely based on a true story of the only prisoner (an American pilot) to successfully escape a Pathet Lao prison camp. Riveting.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15180
"They're making a new Die Hard."

cool....hope its better than the last one haha

Gold Member

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 1098
I liked the last one.

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 1770
Seven Days in May shall be finished tonight!

Hopefully :D

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23327
Watched the original Ocean's 11 last night. Gonna go through the series one movie a day. I find it pleasantly interesting to compare the old with the new. Frank Sinatra and his gang along side George Clooney and his. Again, comparing the two time eras is fun to me.

Gold Member

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 1102
I thought all 3 of those movies were really good. I forget the name but there was a great bank robbery movie I saw years ago. The one where at the end the one guy walked out the front as a hostage and the other guy had stayed in a back room behind some racks. Those types of movies are normally really good if theyre pulled off well.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23332
Try watching Dog day Afternoon. One of Al Pacino's earliest flicks.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1523
Did anyone ever see the Commercial Dustin Hoffman did for American Motors? He couldn't have been over 20.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23342
Haven't seen it yet. How about this one with Richard Dryfuss?

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1534
Life of David Gale has been Tivo'd and about half watched.

Good, real good and I can hardly wait for the finish. Guilty? Not?
Sicko?

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1545
NO SPOILER ALERT:
Finished 'Life Of David Gale' and am impressed. The entire cast did very good work and made it NOT seem like work. Kate Winslet as the journalist was spot on. Spacey did his usual, somewhat understated job in a powerhouse role.
I give this top marks. Even the ending was very good, not at all what I expected.
Good call, SKiD.

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 1791
Just came back from watching The Last Exorcism....

Note to horror movie makers:
PLEASE make a fckin horror movie that makes sense!

I have yet to see a TRUE horror movie. Dammit I'm mad.

OK...so here's my review.

The movie started out a little slow. Which was fine because everyone knew things were going to turn around. I was surprised to see some comedy in this movie. However, it put a smile on my face and allowed me to actually enjoy the movie. The climax was nice. Sort of how I wanted it be. So far the movie is going great! Now coming towards the ending, slightly slows down, but catches right back up. At this point my eyes are wide open and hoping not to be let down by the ending..........yet I WAS let down.......big time. No closure whatsoever. Random ending which IMO just doesn't make any sense.

IMO, the movie crew tried to pull an 'inception' on you. Tried to make you think about what the ending can mean. All I've gotta say to the whole is crew is find another hobby. There WERE a few 'frightening' parts, but many many more scenes in which i was left laughing.

Total let down. RT gives it a 69%. I give it a 39%...if that. The ending is everything for a movie. This one just couldn't deliver.

And to compare this movies to other exorcism type movies - The Exorcist kills it. No comparison.
Heck, the Exorcism of Emily Rose even beats this movie.

Paranormal Activity > The Last Exorcism......thats right.

Also saw Night of the Living Dead earlier today. A 1968 movie. Was not too bad. Definitely not scary at all....but I guess if i was in that generation, I would have probably been scared sh!tless.

I'm dying to see a horror that can wow me

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1560
The Legend Of H*ll House 1973
Roddy McDowell, Pamela Franklin.....more

The Mount Everest of Haunted Houses.

This is a shock flick without gore/blood/ yet manages to frighten and scare. Even my niece, immune to this stuff from birth was scared. Good, but not 3x meaning'd end.

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 1793
Ok Leo....I am getting The Legend of Hell House next.

I'm craving a real scary flick

(Completed Seven Days In May....it was a good flick. Just not into the whole political theme) Thanks!

Gold Member

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 1151
What movies do you guys feel were good, up until the ending? For me, I thought "the village" was pretty good, up until the end when you find out they're on a reservation camp, and the creature in the woods was just some guy in a suit.

Gold Member

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 1152
Have you ever seen "the changeling" from 1980 with George C. Scott? That is one of my all time favorites. I'd recommend that one to you if you havn't seen it. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0080516/

Years back one night on HBO or some other random movie channel, I watched a show called "tales from the camp fire" I believe. It was three stories and those short stories freaked me out. I don't know if it was just late and I was tired or what, but they were really eerie and definately freaked me out a little haha. Anyone else remember this show?

Oh, something also that I remember was really scary, atleast as a kid anyways, was Creepshow 2. The second skit with the hitch hiker. Uber scary, but I havn't seen it in years.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1561
SKiD,
You shouldn't watch stuff like that while alone. At minimum? A pet of some sort. They'll know if something creepy is sneaking up on you!

As for worst ending? Matrix 1. They stopped the bleepin' movie in the MIDDLE. Than made you BUY another ticket to see the rest. I never did see Matrix 3. original idea corrupted.

Skulz,
Glad you enjoyed Seven Days In May.

DO NOT see 'Legend' alone.

Paranormal Activity has appeared on at least ONE 10-worst list.

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 1795
Just got Legend of Hell House right now. Gotta run to ikea so will watch it later on tonight.

Can't wait!

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 1796
Also Blue Velvet just came in

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1564
Blue Velvet is not for every taste. I'd go so far as to say, it is pretty strong stuff.
Dennis Hopper is about as creepy as imaginable and pure evil.
Laura Dern and Isabella Roslinni are well cast. Kind of a horror / mystery mix.....

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23395
Just watched "Friday night lights" again. Billy Bob Thorton is always an interesting actor for me. It's a great story to boot!

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23404
Blind Side again for me. It just grows on ya lol.

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 1798
damn Paul...i swear that like the 30th time i read that you saw this movie haha

I have not seen it yet. I guess I just have to watch it.

Or do you have a thing for Bullock?

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23408
Oddly no, Sandra never appealed to me before. I mean she was always a good actress but her portrayal of Leigh Anne Tuohy was so intense and dead on it amazes me. It was her best performance IMO to date. Not to mention it was a great story. The facts may be twisted to improve Hollywood's bottom line but still, it worked, and had a great ending, which I always love.

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Portland, OR USA

Post Number: 4420
Blind Side is a GREAT movie. An instant fave.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15195
I thought blind side was just ok.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23410
Started watching Smokey and the Bandit.

What a classic. Burt and Sally always did make a great on screen pair!

Gold Member

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 1183
I watched Public Enemies last night for the first time. I remember when it first came out it had gotten pretty bad reviews but I actually liked it. My only thing with Johnny Depp though, and maybe this is just me, any film I see him in I automatically compare it to his role in ,pirates of the Caribbean. I think he's a good actor but none of his roles have been as good as jack sparrow.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23423
Catch "What's eating Gilbert Grape" then. Both his and Dicaprio's performance in it shouldn't be left off their resumé. I agree that witty Jack Sparrow grows on ya instantly but he has done so much in his years.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1570
Johnny Depp Film Festival?

Edward Scissorhands :: really weird movie.

Ed Wood :: Amazing performance. George 'The Animal' Steele perfectly cast. Best supporting actor to Martin Landau and for once, I could stomach Sarah Jessica Parker. Bill Murre? Don't miss him!

Those would be on my list for such an evening.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15222
I just watched 300 again recently but I also bought jumper and Babylon ad all on blu ray of course

Gold Member

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 1188
300 on blu ray must be sweet.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23428
Loved 300. Took me almost a year to see it after purchase though lol.

Another honorable mention goes to "Catch me if you can". Just saw it again tonight. As always a great film with Mr. Hanks and Dicaprio.

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 1820
Started Blue Velvet. About half an hour into it. I wish I had time to continue watching it. Gotta go to work in the morning so gotta catch them zzzz.

So far, i am enjoying the movie. He got the ear, snuck into the womens apartment and stole a pair of keys. Had to stop it when the guy and girl are having dinner and I am assuming they will sneak into the lady's house that night. Hopefully can finish it off tomorrow. So far great choice Leo - i'm liking it.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1591
WOW! Glad you enjoy. If you like Blue Velvet, which means you may have eclectic taste, try 'Where's Papa' (George Segal) or the Bud Cort classic, 'Harold and Maude'.
Both really funny....in a different way.

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 1822
Well I just finished Blue Velvet. It was a VERY interesting flick to watch. Filled with a lot of psycho and random stuff. However, i feel somewhere towards the middle, the excitement sorta fell and there was downshift. Maybe the outcome was somewhat predictable? i dunno. Catchy song that blue velvet is lol.
Also like that 'dreams' song. I'm about to download that actually.

Great acting from Dennis Hopper. Just so natural.

Netflix users gave this movie 2 and a half stars. I give it a 7/10.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1595
Dennis Hopper= 'natural'? That's terrific.
7/10s for Blue Velvet? Not bad, I guess.

Like amazing foreign films?
Try 'The Virgin Spring'. Very deep and in some places troubling.
Must read, since it it subtitled. Early Max Von Sydow film. 1960.

He did a LOT of work for Ingmar Bergman.

Bud Cort fan? Try Harold And Maude or Brewster McCloud.
Both early in his career, though he continues to work.

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 1824
Never heard of Bud Cort but will surely watch his movie. i'm not into foreign movies too much. I hate it when the subtitles are on. It's very distracting lol

I'm hitting up Atlantic City tonight so no movies for me today lol

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1598
But Cort was a young kid of Great Promise. He works to this day, but you may not recognize him on sight. Doubt I would, either.

Harold and Maude? Young kid with cloying mother and a pretend death wish meets and mates with a very old lady....Ruth Gordon. Life affirming happiness ensues, along with half a dozen 'suicide' scenes and a jag XK hearse!

If you like weird SciFi, a must see is 'A Boy And His Dog'. An Early Don Johnson role which takes place in a post atomic war future where dogs are psychic but have lost their keen nose.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15288
I havent watched any new films of late.....I might continue watching the fast and furious movies

Username: Alexander10

Post Number: 2
There are very movie in the line of great movie.but none is my type movie which i can like.but there is a new movie Release.I am very excited to download Release movie.when i heart about story of Release,i am in the middle of happiness.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23506
Man you spammers and your pizz poor grammar/spelling.

Gold Member
Username: John_s

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 2783
thats cuz they aint real amerahcuns

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 1833
lmao

"when i heart about story". How does that happen?

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 1834
Anyone plan to see The Town (Ben Affleck)?

RT has given it REALLY good reviews. Some of my friends went to see it but said they were unhappy with the movie and that the movie was overly stretched out. Maybe they didn't get it? I don't even think the movie is supposed to be complicated to understand.

I got a 94% on RT - which is very damn good considering Inception had received around an 83% - and that movie was simply amazing.

Anyways, hoping someone seen this movie and reviews it. If not, guess I will have to go watch it.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23526
Going to wait till the DVD release myself. Looks good but not worth the ticket price for me.

Gold Member

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 1219
Watched Kick-A s s tonight at a friends. It was actually pretty good. It was like a realistic super hero movie, to a degree.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1632
It's a SciFi channel movie, but man, is it awful.....WORSE, even than the title would indicate:
For fans of the type, ya gotta see
Sharktopus.
My niece made me Tivo and watch it with her. Everybody else in the family can think of a way to avoid this, so I'm stuck. I think they had some effects left over from Dinocroc.

I'm sponsoring a contest. Come up with a Combo-Animal and a Title. Winner by vote of the 'crowd' and prize? Well, won't winning be enough?

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 1837
Kick@ss with Mintz and Cage?? i loved that movie!! Got a lot more out of that movie than I expected honestly. It was a great comedy/action movie for me.

Sharktopus was on Scify during the weekend but i didn't watch it. Seemed to scifi for me

I actually wanna watch Kick@ss again lol

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23545
I have a bunch of movies I watch on almost a regular basis that I simply can't get sick of.

40 year old Virgin
Iron Man
Meet Joe Black
The Dark Knight
Almost anything with Tom Hanks
Gladiator

Among many others.

Leo, how about a koala bear and a velociraptor?

Could be a koalaraptor or velocibear lol.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1636
Terrific entries, Paul.
The movie would be kind of a cross between Species and Jurassic Park.
Gene splicing experiment goes terribly wrong as the normally placid and cuddly Koala goes on a killing spree in the Australian outback. Sounds like fun. Paul Hogan as the Mad Scientist.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23547
Rushed out and bought Iron Man 2 yesterday. For those who have seen it...........did anyone else notice the opening scene in the dvd version is different than the theatrical release? In the previews and theater versions we see Gweneth Paltrow in the back of the military transport with the star who is about to jump out and make a dazzling entrance to his own party. She kisses his helmet and tosses it out the back as he jumps after it it.

It was the scene I really wanted to see again and it was edited on the dvd release which just shows him jumping out, no Gweneth.

I was........disappointed.

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 1844
so you didn't get the scene with her kissing the helmet?

to be honest, i didn't see that scene in the theaters and i was waiting for it lol. I may have missed but I really doubt that. I seen that in the trailer and was looking forward to seeing that and was disappointed when I didn't see in the theaters. That was weird. I even stayed after credits to see the 'extra'.

The DVD should have both versions of the beginning. I don't know why it only came with 1 and not the other.

Regardless, the movie was great. I didn't expect much from it but it delivered. Next one would be a nice one too.

BTW, Jack@ss 3D is soo close!!!

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23553
Well maybe it wasn't in the theatrical version either then. The theater lost power during the opening scene when we went and when they turned the projectors back on the film was stuck and instantly burned. When they finally got it moving it was past the opening sequence so naturally I thought I missed the scene I wanted to see. The previews is indeed where I saw it too. IMO they should have used it.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15333
I liked iron man 2 better than one but i plan on buying both on blu ray because they are worth it

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23559
Iron man was super fantastic. Iron man 2 was ok but not as good as the original.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15359
good choices in movies up there paul
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us