MY AMP WONT TURN ON!

Username: Jsroark

Post Number: 1
Okay so heres the story:

I bought:

1500 watt monoblock amp
BOSS wiring kit
10" kicker sub

I connected everything into my car and ran the wires the correct way. I polished off my ground wire from the amp very well to ensure a good connection. Everything seems to be connected the right way but nothing will turn on. I have been messing with the power/remote wire that goes from the head unit (pioneer avh-p400dvd) to the amp and it seems that where my problem might be. Ive done everything with that wire. There is no specific place to plug it into the back of the head unit. so i was told to crimp it together with the blue/white striped wire. Did that and nothing. Can anyone please help me? I drive a 2007 g35 coupe. I heard i might have to buy another part to bypass my cars security systems but i think i already did that when i had to install my head unit.

Username: Donna_william70

This amp is great.. I bought it to wire 4 Rockford Fosgate PPS8-6 from http://www.caraudiogiants.com/rockford-fosgate-prime-r400-4d.html to wire them at bridge 4ohms (2 speakers at each channel bridge) let me tell you..WOW!! This amp gives power to the speakers and I'm happy with that..I recommend this amp and for the price..NICE & very easy to use! }

Username: Donna_william70

Post Number: 2
follow link here http://www.caraudiogiants.com/rockford-fosgate-prime-r400-4d.html

Gold Member
Username: Kpa2727

Old Bridge, NJ USA !

Post Number: 1654
Thanks Donna so helpful....... Anyway, long time to respond but i'll try. the amp needs a pulse from the headunit so when it turns on it gets a quick shot of power then a quick shot to turn off. the headunit should be more then capable of doing this. quick way to test, tap the amps remote wire to 12 volt positive once quickly, this should at least flip the amp on because it would be detected like a pulse. if the amps on then great we know its the remote, pioneer does use the blue and white stripe as a remote amp wire. you may need to turn it on in the pioneer settings though.

Username: Nealandbob511

My system isn't working! Everything is hooked up properly, all new wires and fuses and I even bought a new amp but nothing! The power light on the amp won't come on but I got out my tester and it lights up where the power cord is plugged into the amp. I ran a new ground, replaced all the fuses and checked all wiring from battery to radio to amp and it looks fine but I don't get anything! I looked on a lot of forums for help but everyone with a similar problem has the power light still working on their amp but mine will not come on. I've been doing this for 13yrs and I'm stumped! I'm just a petite girl so when I go and ask for help at all the sound/audio businesses near by, they all talk to me like I'm incompetent and give me an outrageous price! One place actually told me it would be $1100 just to test my equipment!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us