Help with wiring power wire the RIGHT way in mitsubishi eclipse

Bronze Member
Username: Vblasi

Rhode Island

Post Number: 29
Hi. I am trying to run the power wire in my car the right way. I am about to hook up a new system, and the power wire was ran extremely ghetto and bad before.. It was run through the hood & fender and inside of the door which I was told is extremely dangerous.
I read online that you should go in through an existing grommet, or one that is not in use in the firewall. I looked under the drivers side(battery is on that side) and I took a few pics.
I just want to make sure I am going for the right spot before I begin to pull my car apart.
I have attached some pics of what I imagine is a good spot to do it.
The first pic is a little plug looking thing that is right infront (about the brake pedal)
The second pic shows where all the electrical wires are run...but the problem with that is it is right up against the fender on the side as opposed to being infront of the car.Upload
Upload
So if I go for the one that is in the first pic, do I just remove that little white plug and feed the wire through the hole?

Bronze Member
Username: Vblasi

Rhode Island

Post Number: 30
actually, nevermind about that white circular plug...that location is completely inaccessible from under the hood...
any other ideas?

Gold Member
Username: Kaerfpl

Spencerport, NY USA

Post Number: 1320
The best thing to do is to always look for a Rubber Grommet in the Firewall for you to use. When looking at the Firewall from under the Dash, try looking up. Sometimes there may be an existing Rubber Gromment not being used depending on the vehicle.

If that is not an option, I would next suggest looking at the Firewall from the Hood. Try looking around the Battery area first for an open area to where you can drill a hole the size of the wire you need.

If you can find an area like this, next check under the Dash to make sure that location does not have any obstructions blocking you from drilling a hole.

If everything checks out, Drill a hole and feed your wire through. Next, you can either put Silicone around the area you drilled to fill the hole and seal it, or go to a Home Depot or Lowes and purchase a Rubbert Grommet that you can use.

Also, make sure that if you drill a hole, to sand down the area to prevent any metal shards from cutting the wire.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us