BIG improvement to ecoustics browsing, again

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 11500
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/429906.html

Follow the directions in that thread, except use

*.kontera.com

instead of intellitxt. Seems the forum has switched over to a different brand of annoying text ads

Gold Member
Username: Gcs8

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 1561
what you got for chrome? or shuld i just add the adress to my host file like the rest?

# localhost name resolution is handled within DNS itself.
# 127.0.0.1 localhost
# ::1 localhost
127.0.0.1 googleadservices.com
127.0.0.1 google-analytics.com
127.0.0.1 googlesyndication.com
127.0.0.1 ad.messagia.com << theres a v on the end of that dam e
127.0.0.1 doubleclick.net
127.0.0.1 pagead2.googlesyndication.com
127.0.0.1 http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com
127.0.0.1 googleads.g.doubleclick.net
127.0.0.1 gcs8.serveftp.net
127.0.0.1 gcs8.net
127.0.0.1 *.intellitxt.com

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 5372
idk what problems exist ? Seems fine here...

Gold Member

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 1562
i guess for thoes of us that use chrome you can use this https://chrome.google.com/extensions/detail/gighmmpiobklfepjocnamgkkbiglidom

https://chrome.google.com/extensions/detail/gighmmpiobklfepjocnamgkkbiglidom

usaly my editing of the host file buts a dead end to ads.

Gold Member

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 1563
for thoes of you that want to play with the host file you can edit it with the fallowing path. C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc then edit with notepad and save as is not as .txt there does not need to any file extention on it. hear is what mine looks like right now.

# localhost name resolution is handled within DNS itself.
# 127.0.0.1 localhost
# ::1 localhost
127.0.0.1 googleadservices.com
127.0.0.1 google-analytics.com
127.0.0.1 googlesyndication.com
127.0.0.1 ad\/.messagia.com dam e's word black list. can we fix that?
127.0.0.1 doubleclick.net
127.0.0.1 pagead2.googlesyndication.com
127.0.0.1 http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com
127.0.0.1 googleads.g.doubleclick.net
127.0.0.1 gcs8.serveftp.net
127.0.0.1 gcs8.net
192.168.0.123 mail.gcs8.net
192.168.0.123 SMTP.gcs8.net
192.168.0.123 POP3.gcs8.net
192.168.0.123 IMAP.gcs8.net
127.0.0.1 *.intellitxt.com
127.0.0.1 *.kontera.com
127.0.0.1 core.insightexpressai.com
127.0.0.1 kona.kontera.com

Gold Member
Username: Joebruce

TC Sounds/DLS

Post Number: 3175
Tried it with FF and its not working? Im still getting those damn green underlined "links". I restarted FF and everything,what am I doing wrong yo?

Gold Member
Username: Joebruce

TC Sounds/DLS

Post Number: 3176
Actually I figured it out. You made it a lot harder than it really is lol. All you have to do is hover over one of the links,click the question mark,scroll down til you see disable the links and BAM! Done!

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Post Number: 14060
While I have to note that those ads pay for this site and it's hosting so you can have otherwise free forums to enjoy, I will also note on a more universal tip, that there are two add-ons for FF that I use religiously.
AdBlock Plus and NoScript

I have a list of other really handy FF add-ons, as well which I always use on my PCs to simplify my life on-line.

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 23800
On a similar note though current day advertising has tainted the beauty of many things, not just online forums. Has anyone else here been to Hawaii, Jamaica, or even the great Niagara Falls recently?

It's NOT what you're used to seeing on post cards anymore.

I understand a business is ALL about making $$. It's why investors invest and why anyone starts a business in the first place.

It's just, as an observer, I'd like to be able to take a picture of the beauty without all the dang billboards in the way for once lol.

Platinum Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 11501
Yes there are multiple ways of doing it... the one had posted before was i thought the most user friendly

Username: Canaanwhite

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 5
it pretty muck sux if you ask me

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14068
Paul, that's mainly because advertisers, the ones who pay enough to be worth bothering with, are getting more and more demanding about how their ads have to be displayed. banner sizes, borderless ads so they look like a part of the board and not an ad (to fool people into clicking on them) and so forth. It's gettign downright silly as advertisers become more net-savvy and find new and inventive ways to get you to click their ads, knowingly or not. It's really not Brian's fault as much as it is that of the advertisers.

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 23808
Ironically many of these ads couldn't care less about selling a product rather than get that precious "click" out of you. The more hits they get the more they can charge advertisers on their sites. It's a vicious cycle and one Brian benefits from as well. The more hits here = more ad $$ he can charge. That doesn't fair well to the members here, who at one time used to enjoy navigating Ecoustics ad free. Eh, it's a fact of life I know.

What we CAN put on Brian's shoulders however is the lack of feedback to our suggestions and ideas in improving this site for its' own members. Anyone here longer than a day can clearly see what this site lacks that so many other successful ones have. Member mods, sigs, member ratings, like/dislike post radio buttons, ect.

Eh, again another fact of life here, I know.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14083
For what it's worth, these sites are pretty expensive to host. I know the guy who runs 4chan.org, and his bills for bandwidth and hosting are in the 5 figures.

Platinum Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 11516
This site makes a ton of profit, make no mistake about it. As does most any site with as much traffic.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us