Need Help..

Username: Shorvak

Post Number: 2
Not sure which section this should go in, but I'm having a problem. I just got two 12 inch Rockford Fosgate P1S412 's subwoofers, a P300-1AMP, & E12D BOX installed in my 2010 scion tc. 5 minutes after the install, I was going down the road and all of my speakers/subwoofers stopped playing. I pulled over and looked back there, but the amp was still turned on. I took it back to the place but they told me I needed to come back the next day. All throughout the ride after 5 minutes nothing happened. No sound came from my speakers and subwoofers (this hadn't happened before I got the subs installed). It should also be noted that I did not get a new head unit, as mine is literally brand new and the guy said I didn't need one.

So I took it back the next day, and they replaced the amp/ fuses/ told me to get a new auxillary cord wire which I used to connect my iphone to my car. I replaced that and took it back out, and not 5 minutes later I had the same problem. So I took it back to this place once again and we came to the conclusion that my auxillary port was messed up (which is actually is/was before the subs were installed, as if I would turn my ipod a certain way sound would cut out on my driver side speakers). So I am still going to be taking the car to scion to have them fix it. They said in the mean time I should still be able to use my cd player/ radio.

I take my car home, which is 45 minutes away and all is well. My cd's are playing and nothing is cutting out... until the next day when I drove it for 10-15 minutes. Now the cd player is doing the same thing. It plays for 10 minutes or so, then the sound will completely stop coming out of my speakers and my subs. The weird thing is, if I restart my car they will immediately start playing again, when my head unit restarts. The radio also plays without any interruption, no matter how long I have it on/how loud I play it.

I have an appointment to take it back thursday and get it "fixed" but I highly doubt theyre going to be able to figure out what is wrong with it. The worst thing is I can't even have them uninstall it and go to another shop, because I can only get store credit. So I'd greatly appreciate any suggestions or help anyone has to offer.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us