Help choosing enclosure for a FI 15 BTL

Silver Member
Username: Rickeyd87

Post Number: 143
i plan on ordering a new 15 btl, just need help deciding on an enclosure. i was thinking about tuning one to 30hz, but not sure how it will sound. anyone heard a sub at 30hz before? i listen to mostly hip hop and r n b. the recommended specs are 30hz - 35hz, and 3-5 cubes. i can get a 4cf enclosure tuned to 32hz for 150. would that be a good enclosure? and what would be the difference between a 4cf enclosure and a 5cf enclosure? oh yea, the sub will be powered by a kicker zx2500.1 and will be going in a 91 chevy carpice. my current setup is dual sx12 ported at 32hz, 4cf. how would the btl 15 sound compared to the dual sx12 setup? i want it to sound a little different than my old setup, which is why im thinking about tuning to 30hz. but im just worried that i might now like how it sounds, any reviews on how 30hz sounds would be great.

here is a link to the 15 enclosure i was talking about.
http://cgi.ebay.com/15-CUSTOM-PORTED-MDF-SUB-ENCLOSURE-BOX-4-0FT-3-32Hz_W0QQitem Z190219292210QQihZ009QQcategoryZ50568QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

that is also where i purchased my dual 12 enclosure from, and it sounded great.

please reply with your opinions, thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Joebruce

Mach5Audio M...

Post Number: 2055
I would contact BJ Fisher for a box.

www.fishercustoms.com
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us