Narrowed it to 1 of 3 sets (I think)

Silver Member
Username: Kklagge

San Diego

Post Number: 533
I currently have a set of CDT CL-62's in my 2001 Xcab Silverado...I'm getting some custom fabrication work done and want to upgrade...I really like the sound of the CDT's but this set lacks midbass (Dream Theater can sound better I'm sure of it). Even though I like the CDT's I've heard good things about these others and am not locked into CDT.

So, I've narrowed it down to these 3 sets (I think) and would like a little input from people here who have heard some of these (I can get them all within about $50 of ecah other, so price between these 3 isn't important...but overall price is).

1.) Image Dynamics CXS64
2.) Oz Audio 180CS
3.) CDT HD62

Thanks in advance for any input and/or opinions.

Gold Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 1277
Of those I have only heard the ID's. They are an awesome sounding speaker.

That being said, my next component set is going to be some CDT HD53s.

Ask MS about the CDTs, I believe he is currently running them and would be able to give you excellent feedback.

Have you heard any of the three?

Silver Member

San Diego

Post Number: 534
I have not heard any of those 3, but I do already have CDT CL-62's with the upgraded xover & tweet.

Gold Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 1614
check your PM's KKlagge

Silver Member

San Diego

Post Number: 535
responded

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 5789
The HDs are a great sounding set, I run them and would take them over the other two you listed.

You said you're getting custom work done........ does that include real enclosures (MDF, or reinfoced fiberglass) for the mids? It should...... midbass response depends more on the installation than the speaker.

Silver Member

San Diego

Post Number: 536
Thanks for the info on the HD's

Yes it will be custom fiberglass/MDF for the doors, custom built into the door panels...had these guys do my wife's Nitro and they do AMAZING work.

Bronze Member
Username: Exige

Post Number: 78
If you're looking for midbass, you might want to have a look at the M6 driver in place of the HD-6...not that the HD-6 lacks it, but simply because the M6 is BUILT for it. feel free to shoot any CDT questions my way if you need help.

Silver Member

San Diego

Post Number: 537
I was thinking of just replacing the driver I have now with the M6 but my son want the CL-62's if I don't...so I want to go the route of a new set.

Does the M6 come in a set with the 5?? xover and the 25? tweeter (that's what I have with my CL62...upgraded those when I bought them...and like them pretty much...except the xover not having all the connections on one side is annoying).

I PM'd Alteraudio...I know you guys are both dealers and I don't know how you work with each other but I don't want to pit you against one another...if you know what I mean.

Bronze Member
Username: Exige

Post Number: 79
pm'ed you back kklagge
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us