I need recommendations:glass,bob, others???

Gold Member
Username: Jkidder

Spring hill, Florida Usa

Post Number: 1063
so i will be installing my new comps for frontstage and i want to know if i shold purchase anything else. i picked up set of rainbow profi vanadiums and a kicker sx500.2 to power them. i want recommendations on what i should do about x-over and EQ. should i buy EQ? audiocontrol? what would you do? im not very familiar with EQ's? please help!!!!

Gold Member

Spring hill, Florida Usa

Post Number: 1064
im on AIM all day if any1 can help. s/n - JK32SHO

thanks

Gold Member

Spring hill, Florida Usa

Post Number: 1125
damn good thing its not important. slackers

Bronze Member
Username: Sqcheap

Grand rapids, Michigan Usa

Post Number: 44
I assume your amp has a HPF and the comps come with a passive crossover? Then hook them up with both and set the amp to 80-150Hz and see what you have. I would not use an (or I do not use) EQ unless I need to. They can be great....actually I use them most because different CDs/songs/sources sound different and you can even them out (mostly sub level and x-over). You must use a good one though or it puts noise into your system. They can really help if you have a tuning problem and can't get the right sound.

Gold Member

Spring hill, Florida Usa

Post Number: 1472
right right. im aware of what eq's do i was wondering if any1 could recommend a certain EQ

Bronze Member

Post Number: 45
I am trying an alpine g190. The crossover and sub controls are nice but not sure about the higher frequency eq stuff yet. It seems to sound nice and clean. I was looking at the audiocontrol 3.1 also. I had a crossover with gains before and it worked well, the eq can help if your system sounds wrong. I like being able to change the crossover and gains from the driver seat, that is the most important factor to me. Sometimes I use the eq but more often I don't. The parametric control on this alpine is very nice for smoothing the subs into your high side. I guess it depends on what you need for your system. This alpine only has sub gain not high side gain, but thats not that big a deal.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 46
I should clarify, changing the gain and crossover of the sub is very important to me. Different music always seems to need that. Obviously I don't want the subs banging when I am talking to a passenger, etc. I run them higher for rock and lower harder for club type stuff, etc. You can kind of do the same thing with a straight eq that has no crossover, but IMO I like the crossover control better and don't use the ones in the amp.
As far as what one, I would stay with great brands like audiocontrol and other high end. The cheaper ones will put in noise. Check the size you have to mount it, and get the features you need. Where is everyone on this post, I am sure lots of people run eqs. My old one was a Nak 2way crossover, very nice but no eq at all. There is some fancy stuff to like the din alpine, the 360, etc. Here is a review on the 4.1 http://www.carreview.com/cat/car-audio/equalizers/audiocontrol/PRD_3738_1807crx. aspx

Gold Member

Spring hill, Florida Usa

Post Number: 1507
yea i want something i can turn sub level, volume, and maybe a 7-band. 5-band would do tho

Gold Member

Spring hill, Florida Usa

Post Number: 1563
/thread. got it all figured out
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums