WHat's the diff? (Infinity Components)

Bronze Member
Username: Malby7

Post Number: 39
I could get a great deal on Ebay for the INFINITY 605CS COMPONENT REFERENCE 270W. Are these the middle of the line 6.5" components? If so, how much better are the 6.5" Perfects? I could get these things for $50US (slightly used of course), would it be worth getting the Perfects for that much more money?

Silver Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 288
The bottom of the line. Kappa is middle, Kappa Perfect is high end. Kappa Perfects are MILES ahead of Reference components. The References aren't bad for budgets, don't get me wrong, one of the best entry level component sets, but Kappa Perfects are much better.

Bronze Member
Username: Malby7

Post Number: 40
Thanks a bunch Jonathon, I won't bet on these then. The reason I ask is because I have reference 6"x8" speakers (Infinity) and I was wondering if it was worth me replacing these with the reference components. How much better would these components sound then my 6"x8"? I have a JL Audio 300/4 powering these.

Silver Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 296
They'll sound a great deal better if the installation is good, especially stepping to a round speaker from an oval 6x8. Kappa Perfects aren't horribly expensive online, you can find them for 200 or less in the right places. Kappa Components (which are also very nice) are 150 or less in the right places. That JL will push Kappas or Kappa Components very nicely, with the Reference it will be pushing it, since a JL 300/4 really puts out closer to 90-100 x 4.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us