My car stalls when the bass hits

Johnny Doh
Unregistered guest
My car stalls when I turn up my subs. I just installed a new amp thats not the greatest (pyramid 1600 watt) problem is, when my bass hits it kills my car. I have to turn the car off, pop the hood, mess with the wires on my battery (i think it has something to do with the kill switch) and then i can start it up again... If i buy a 1.0 farad capacitor would it fix this? (I don't know a lot about hooking up amps... the power wire to the subs is connected to the car wires that run direct to the battery, right where it touches the battery... it's all held together with electrical tape) I don't want to get knocked on for ghetto rigging my system or whatever. I just want to know how to fix it.

Username: Motoman22

Post Number: 55
Cap won't help. Buy the correct wiring supplies and do it right.

*end of thread*

Johnny Doh
Unregistered guest
I have the right wiring supplies. 6 guage wire for the power wire and for the ground. If I buy a better battery connector would that help at all?

Username: Glasswolf

Post Number: 549
check battery connections.
get a high output alternator.
forget capacitors
switch to 4AWG cable.

randomstuffithink
Unregistered guest
ok so if i can't affor to buy a new high output alternator for a bmw what would be another solution that would keep my car from dying while im driving down the road... do i need a better battery terminal adapter or could that be my problem... like i said my kill switch and the rest of the cars electric system is all connected by electric tape all taped to the battery terminal

Username: Glasswolf

Post Number: 554
it could be poor battery connections.
seen that before.

if it's a lack of current though.. you have two solutions.
1: get a high output alternator
2: disconnect your amplifier(s) and don't use them when driving.
you don't need to have the engine fail while you're trying to pass someone or something and lose your brakes and gas and power steering.
that's rather more vital to your life than some bass.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us