Humming noise from sub

Justin
WHEN MY CAR IS IN ACCESORY POSSITION THE AMP AND SUB WORK FINE, BUT WHEN THE CAR IS TURNED ON A HUMMING NOISE PROGRESSIVLY GETS LOUDER. WHEN I REV THE ENGINE THE NOISE DISAPEARS, SO IM THINKING IT HAS TO DO WITH THE ALTINATOR. ANY SUGESTIONS WOULD BE GREAT. THANKS

teflondog
alternator whine huh? well this is usually caused when you run power wires and rca wires together. people come into my shop with this problem all the time. run your power wire on the opposite side of the car away from the rca wires. this usually fixes the problem. presto. tell me how it goes.

justin
I think the problem has to do with the way i hooked it up. I didnt use rca cables, i Used a hi pass feed, the one that came with my amp. there were three wires. A left and right and a ground. So what i did was taped into my left door and hooked into the rear door wires then found a ground. I might of done this wrong but any info would be great. thanks

teflondog
the high level inputs are known to cause background noise. a ground loop could be causing the hum. make sure the ground wire is secure and is on completely bare metal that contacts the chasis. in my opinion, i would just get some rca's. they give a way cleaner signal. keep me updated. :)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us