Wiring Diagram Needed to install cd player/how to install ground

Kayla
Unregistered guest
I have a 95 ford contour and if anyone knows where i could get a wiring diagram so i can install my cd player that would be great... or just how to install it in general... I am also going to need to install a ground. how do i do that? My friend blew a fuse tryin to install it and i was also wonderin how to fix that.. thanks!

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 1803
go to sears.
buy the mounting kit and wiring harnesses for the make/model/year of your car.
should cost maybe $20 total
they will have all the wiring info you need.
then just remove the factory radio, and plug the new one in.
all there is to it

Unregistered guest
IO have a 1994 buick roadmaster and i am tryin to take the stock cd player out and i cant figure it out

Username: Trevor

Pretoria, Western Cape South Africa

Post Number: 1
Hi,

I installed a Daewoo fronloader in my car,everything works but i need to know what to do with the power antena wire and the dimmer wire.
Because of this my security light on the frontloader does not work.
Do i connect them to the negative or positive.

Please reply

joe r
Unregistered guest
i have a 1999 buick regal and i can't figure out how to wire up my new cd reciever to the wires that went to the old reciever.

Silver Member
Username: Jayj

Post Number: 107
go buy an install kit from walmart or sears like glass said above and it will have everything you will need.

Unregistered guest
I recently bought a 89' Plymouth Reliant, "Chrysler K," and I also bought a cd player for it. I have no clue how to install it and i've had some friends try and they failed. If anyone knows how to install it just let me know. I already bought the connectors needed to connect the cables, but since this is an old car, the cables are different.
Thanks

Tim Atwood
Unregistered guest
I have a 1988 toyota celica and i cant figure out how to get the freaking dash off so i can put my new cd player in. I have a pioneer cd player if that helps any. Please reply and tell me how to get the dash off so i can enter the cd player.

Unregistered guest
i have a 95 hyundai accent and i really need help figuring out just how to take out the radio thats in it im not that good with electrical stuff.

Unregistered guest
i have a 95 hyundai accent and i really need help figuring out just how to take out the radio thats in it im not that good with electrical stuff.

Anonymous

I got a 94 buick regal, i got the wiring harness but it still doesnt work. The guy at the stereo shop said i need to remove the dashboard since one of the plugs is hidden there...dont know how true that is, but if it is then we're all screwed

hyundai install
Unregistered guest
Yeah the 95 accent is a pain to get the cd player out. I'm looking for a diagram that will show me wut to disconnect. I know how to take most of the console out but there something in the back holding it in place. Super pain in the a$$. For the other guy whos ahving a problem! Remove the screw under the ash tray (pull ashtray out first) and I also believe there was a screw on top of the console, but after just yank the whole console out (it snaps on and off so its simple to take off, but thats as far as i have gotten).

Whiplash
Unregistered guest
for the accent guys or any hyundai guys, goto www.hmaservice.com , full hyundai manuals for anythign for your car, great help. For removing interior sections to get radio out, just look up "interior"

Unregistered guest
I have a 95 hyundai Elantra and i have installed a cd player. i have all wires connected properly and i have replaced the fuse but the cd player still getting no power after the fuse replacement. do anyone know the problem

Username: 88gtberetta

Bourbonnias, Illinios USA

I have a 1988 Beretta Gt

I have a Clarion DRB4675. I have a Bazooka Bass.

I have an MTX 250 Amp.

I need a diagram to install all of this...Help would be greatly appreciated.

Unregistered guest
Hi
I was wondering if anyone may know where I can downlaod an electrical drawing
for a 1986 Ford Mustang LX showing the radio and speaker connections
I am trying to install an Alpine CD player, we also bought the connectors
to match the Ford connectors. When we removed the radio and connceted up the
CD player, the CD player would turn on but we couldn't get any sound out of
the Ford speakers.
I disconnected the ground ( from the CD player ( wire which would normally
bolt to the stud on the radio ) and put a meter from the ground wire to the
chassis and it registered 12 volts which to me is not normal
However when I hooked the radio back up it worked fine and I measured from
the chassis to the housing on the radio and it was .3 volts, I then
disconnected the ground wire from the radio and measured from the gound wire
to the chassis and it was 7 volts.
Do you have any ideas or do you know where I can go for some help

Unregistered guest
Hi
I was wondering if anyone may know where I can downlaod an electrical drawing
for a 1986 Ford Mustang LX showing the radio and speaker connections
I am trying to install an Alpine CD player, we also bought the connectors
to match the Ford connectors. When we removed the radio and connceted up the
CD player, the CD player would turn on but we couldn't get any sound out of
the Ford speakers.
I disconnected the ground ( from the CD player ( wire which would normally
bolt to the stud on the radio ) and put a meter from the ground wire to the
chassis and it registered 12 volts which to me is not normal
However when I hooked the radio back up it worked fine and I measured from
the chassis to the housing on the radio and it was .3 volts, I then
disconnected the ground wire from the radio and measured from the gound wire
to the chassis and it was 7 volts.
Do you have any ideas or do you know where I can go for some help

Unregistered guest
do any 1 know how where to hook up a ground wire
for an 1990 ford taurus if u know how 2 e mail me back @ Sskete4269@aol.com

Unregistered guest
anybody have a wiring diagram to hook up a ground wire for a 1990 ford taurus email me at Sskete4269@aol.com

Username: Rascotobasco

Flint, MI USA

Where can I get a wiring diagram for a 1990 Chev Silverado Pickup to install a CD player?

Unregistered guest
I have a JBL speaker package in a 92 FORD Crown Victoria . All I want to know is what the wire colors are on the subwoofer. Here are the colors, on one connector white,green,black. on another connector red and yellow . On the last connector there are two wires they are both black but one has white slashes down the entirety of it and the other has small green dots . IF anyone can help please do .thanks from speghetti in the trunk in western New York .

Username: Angelstudz

Columbia , Sc USA

Post Number: 3
Hey all,
Just looking for information. How do I know if the factory-installed speakers in a 2003 Buick Century have the minimum of a 50 w rating and between 4-8 ohms? Also, does anyone know where I can get a stereo wiring diagram from for the same type car?

Thanks a lot!
D

Unregistered guest
any one know how i can get a wire diagram to install a cd player for a 94 ford crown victoria

Unregistered guest
can ne 1 tell me the colour codes for the wires of the radio in a 1996 hyundai accent. Thanx

Unregistered guest
Im trying to help a friend with her stereo, but i dont know how to access it. Can somebody tell me where to find a car stereo installation guide for a 96 Hyundai Elentra?

Unregistered guest
How do I remove the dashboard to replace the radio on a 1996 Hyundai Elantra ? Please Please help

Unregistered guest
I am trying to install a cd changer in a 1995 Taurus. How can I tell a "Constant" 12VDC wire from a wire that is live only when the ignition is on? Is there a wiring plan out there that tells what is what?

Unregistered guest
I need to find the color codes for the wires in a 1997 Ford Contour. the wire harness was previously cut off. any help would be appreciated. jgabrie@comcast.net

Unregistered guest
I have a 2000 Ford F-250, and both left side speakers will not work. Its not the actual speaker, as I have pulled it out and tested it. It is also connected to the back of the stereo. Any ideas as to what could be the problem? And yes, the Fade is centered. You can fade it all the way to the left and hear nothing. Thanks a lot

Unregistered guest
i got a 1987 hyundai and i need the wire colors for the car so i can hook up a pioneer radio.I cant get a wire harness because the pervious owner spliced the wires. help please e mail me at Skitlz31306@aol.com

Clay
Unregistered guest
i am trying to figure out how to install and single cd player into a 1994 blazer s10

Unregistered guest
i'm looking for the stereo wiring color codes for a 1993 ford explorer

Unregistered guest
For all of you who need help with removing a head unit in ANY car please visit this website!!! Problems solved... don't ask anymore quesitons just go to the site!

http://carstereohelp.com/stereoremoval.htm

Username: Spunky306

I just got my first car and it is in great condition and i love it but their is no cd player and i need to know how to take out the old radio and install a new cd player im buying

Slayermayer
Unregistered guest
Hi,
I have a 96 Ford Taurus and I'm wanting to install a cd player into my car. It currently only has a tape player and am/fm radio. The only concern I have is that the console is shaped in an oval kind of shape...meaning that the controls of the radio and tape player are grouped together on the dash with the Air conditioning controls and heat controls. How can I install a cd player but still manage to keep or control the air conditioning and heater? Any help is greatly appreciated. Email me @ Slayermayer@gmail.com
thanks,
Danny

Unregistered guest
i need to know what the wires in the truck are for to install a cd player in an 86 blazer. i just need to know what the wire colors represent; blue, gray, brown, yellow, green, orange. the colors are just not what i am used to. my friend desperately needs this deck.

Kate
Unregistered guest
Hi,
I have a 99 model excel and i need to know how to remove the factory cd player. any1 know?

mbm79
Unregistered guest
Slayermayer, Best Buy has kits you can purchase to replace the original radio/cassette player with your own cd player. I just installed one in my son's car last weekend. Worked well.

Unregistered guest
Hi,
I have a 95 Ford Taurus GL Station Wagon. I want to remove the factory cassette player,Anyone know how to do that? Any help is appreciated. Please e-mail at:bostoncalvin@yahoo.com

Anonymous

That's nice. Because every time I'm looking for information to put the wires together in 1992 Hyundai Elantra. It seems no one wanna reply to every question. I was been told that it's cannot be told on every forums, so we have to put the bucks out of our pocket and PAY for the installation from dealers or Circuit City. Eh? Unbelievable

Unregistered guest
i have a 99 plymouth breeze taken out my factory stereo i shorted out my ground wire how do i run another ground help please

Unregistered guest
I have a 1985 Camaro and i want to install a Pioneer cd player and i need to locate the ground, +power, speaker, and amp to sub wires are located on the back of my stereo. No instruxtions came with CD player. PLZ help!!!!

Unregistered guest
I have a 1985 Camaro and i want to install a Pioneer cd player and i need to locate the ground, +power, speaker, and amp to sub wires are located on the back of my stereo. No instructions came with CD player. PLZ help!!!!

Unregistered guest
Jaricks Take the Ground wire that shorted and replace it with new 12volt wire. Find a metal surface that makes contact with the cars frame Bolt the wire on to that surface and make sure you have a good connection to it. Once done check your stereo and see if it is working correctlly. IF not check ground or check your fuse on the stereo. Good Luck!

Unregistered guest
i have an 82 chrystler lebaron and i was installing a cd player and (subwoofers and amp) i got everything except the cd player hooked up because they dont make a wiring harness for that year !....i need a diagram !!!...ANY advice ? !!!

Unregistered guest
i have an 82 chrystler lebaron and i was installing a cd player and (subwoofers and amp) i got everything except the cd player hooked up because they dont make a wiring harness for that year !....i need a diagram !!!...ANY advice ? !!!

please email your response : drummerboyjd27@aol.com

mercury
Unregistered guest
i am trying to installl a cd player into my 1997 Mercury Grand Marquis my friend cut the wires from the original stereo, something happened and know the lights inside my car as well as my dashboard are not working. Can anyone please help me?

Unregistered guest
I have just bought a Pioneer DEH-P5730MP-CD/MP3 connected it and it worked, but it wouldn't store the memory so, thought it may be wired wrong changed a wire round and it blew. Found a fuse that had blown changed it but the player still would not work. Had the player tested it works but the player still wont work in the car. Does anyone know any reason why it still wont work and does anyone have a diagram of the how the wiring should be? My car by the way is a vaxhaul astra yreg.
Thanks
please respond to deb@chrislea.plus.com

fairmonty
Unregistered guest
I have an automatic radio model no. RCD-3349. I want to install it in a 1978 ford. It is a shaft style radio that should fit in the dash with out any modifications. However I need information on the wiring. It has a nine pin connector. There are a total of eight wires that need to be connected. Anyone have any ideas how to wire these old radios?

Username: Ruby88

I have an sparkomatic radio that I'm trying to hook up to a harness for my 93 chrysler. There are more wires on my harness the radio. I am trying to figure out what to hook up where.

red to red; black to black;red w/ stripe to orange; y to y, but I still have a white w/ blk stripe on the harness not going anywhere, is this one important?

On the speaker harness I have:
grey to grey and white to white but am wondering about the solitary blue and solitary green from my radio when the harness has a solitary blue and pairs of green and purple

Unregistered guest
how do i remove my factory radio on 98 ford ranger

The Auto Guy
Unregistered guest
Anyone with a question about installing a cd player in a car, go to Walmart (or a similar store), and go to the car audio section (in automotives) and look for the wiring harness for the make/model/ and year of your car. It has everything that you need to know about wiring color codes, fuses, and the like... Again, this should work for anyone that has a question about installing a CD player in their car!

Unregistered guest
I have a 2002 Hundai Elantra. I want to replace the cassette player with a cd player. How do I get to the cassette player to re move it?

bobby 666
Unregistered guest
i am installing a kenwood headunit into a 99 plymouth breaaze and im just connecting the wiring harness to the headunit wires but i have a problem the one from the head unit the illuminate one is orange with a white stripe down it but the orange one with the white stripe on the wirirng harness is labled positive dimmer but there is also a oroange one without a white strip labled illuminator which one do i hook up the one from the head unit with

bobby 666
Unregistered guest
i am installing a kenwood headunit into a 99 plymouth breaaze and im just connecting the wiring harness to the headunit wires but i have a problem the one from the head unit the illuminate one is orange with a white stripe down it but the orange one with the white stripe on the wirirng harness is labled positive dimmer but there is also a oroange one without a white strip labled illuminator which one do i hook up the one from the head unit with

Unregistered guest
I got a 91 Plymouth Acclaim, i need to find a wiring diagram for the stereo so i can replace the stock stereo with a new one. Please if you know where i can get a wiring diagram HELP ME! KornTallica87@hotmail.com

Unregistered guest
I have a 92 mercury Marquis, I bought a compatible cd player to replace the old broken tape deck stereo. There are no lables and the instructions are crap. I need a wiring diagram, Please Help! LastSaiyan@hotmail.com

Unregistered guest
MY 1996 Ford Contour radio wiring
LF white/black stripe - brown/yellow stripe.
RF white/red stripe - brown/red stripe.
LR white/purple stripe - brown/white stripe.
RR white - brown.

GROUND black/green stripe.
SYSTEM REMOTE blue/black stripe.
ACC orange/black stripe.

I also have
white /green stripe
blue/red stripe
green/black stripe
not sure what these do.

hope this helps someone.

Unregistered guest
RR white - brown.

ACC orange/black stripe.

I also have
white /green stripe
blue/red stripe
green/black stripe
not sure what these do.

hope this helps someone.

Unregistered guest
RR white - brown.

ACC orange/black stripe.

I also have
white /green stripe
blue/red stripe
green/black stripe
not sure what these do.

hope this helps someone.

Username: Spazaroma

Southern Pines, NC United States

I need a wiring diagram for a 1996 Ford Ranger XLT. I am installing a new cd player and need to know what wires are what. Thanks

Venom7
Unregistered guest
Intersting...there are about 50 people asking questions here, and about 1 or 2 answers. No one takes the time to look at the thread to see that before posting....

jr boivin
Unregistered guest
i have a 1999 cavalier how do i put in a cd player

Unregistered guest
I installed a power amp in my daughters 2001 Celica. Now when she turns the headlights on the radio and center console lights go off. I have checked grounds and all other connections and can find nothing connected wrong. I have seen that the negative and positve dimmer wires become hot (12 volts) when the light switch is turned on. She said it worked fine before. The dash dimmer lights stay on and work like they should. Any suggestions?
Thanks,
jt

Unregistered guest
I NEED A WIRING DIAGRAM FOR A 1990 FOR TAURUS. CAN ANYONE HELP WITH THIS?

Username: Thatoneguy

i need a wiring diagram for 1999 mercury mystique gs i cut factory harness speakers ok theres a L shaped harrness with 6 wires one is orange with black line(its hot)next a larger black wire with agreen line next a yellow wire with a green line next blue w black line next large black with green line and ayellow w red line jvc has yellow(batt) red(acesory) black(ground)and blue(remote) please help PLEASE E-MAIL ME AT meathenia@yahoo.com thanks

Unregistered guest
Can anyone explain to me how to remove the radio from a Ford Ranger 2001?
Any assistance will be appreciated.

Armyworm
Unregistered guest
I have an 86 Toyota Celica and I can't figure out how to get the old deck out, is there a way to do it with out taking apart the entire dash? If so and you know how please e-mail me and let me know how at viper_87_15@hotmail.com

Unregistered guest
If you dont know what a wire does use a mulitmeter to figure it out. Use the DC voltage setting to find out which wires are power, Put the black wire from the multimeter to a ground and the red wire to the cars wires until you get a 12 volt reading. Some wires only give power readings when the key is turned to the ON position. Use the ohm setting to figure out which two wires are for any one speaker, lots of guess and check but it does work. To do that put one wire from the multimeter on what you believe is to be a speaker wire and keep switching the other wire from the multimeter to the remaining wires until you get a reading. For example, if the speakers in you car are 4 ohm the reading should be 4 ohm. if you dont know what Ohm your speakers are any reading from about 4 to 8 will work. Do that until you found all four pairs of wires. Any questions email me. You can get multimeters cheap, like around 4 bucks if you look around, you dont need an expensive meter to do this.

Unregistered guest
how the F**K DO YOU GET THIS DAMN RADIO OUT OF THIS 2004 HYUNDAI ACCENT....I want to put a cd player in and the damn thing is wired to where i cant get to it...ive gotten to part where i unscrew the cover and unclipp it but its all harnessed to the A/c sh*t

Silver Member
Username: Scubasteve

Annapolis, MD

Post Number: 499
OEM adapter bud

Unregistered guest
i really need a wire diagram for a 1999 Hyundai Tiburon so i can install my new cd player because my old one was stolen and they cut the wire harness off so i bought a new one and the wires are different colors than the ones in my car.

Unregistered guest
i really need a wire diagram for a 1999 Hyundai Tiburon so i can install my new cd player because my old one was stolen and they cut the wire harness off so i bought a new one and the wires are different colors than the ones in my car.

Unregistered guest

Unregistered guest
I have a Buick Regal (1993) and need a visual color coded scematic for the wiring harness that connects to the back of the HVAC control. I replaced the control, but may have altered the wiring sequence when I replaced the "plug" to the wires..If there is a visual showing the plug and/or wires with the color in order, that will be ideal..If anyone has this information please send the picture via my e-mail. Thanks....

Anonymous

I have an '89 ford mustang and have the installation kit to hook up my Cd player but the sound wouldnt work, so I also got a kit to hook up the 8 speaker wires from my Cd player to the 5 wires from the car but i dont know how to do it, does anyone know?

bretzky
Unregistered guest
were installing a deck, and we suck, and you all suck at giving advice and i hate this site

fightmeglasswolf
Unregistered guest
glasswolf, i was wondering if you would be interested in fighting me sometime. you don't know what you are talking about and i want to hit you between the legs.

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 1841

quote:

were installing a deck, and we suck, and you all suck at giving advice and i hate this site

Thanks for starting a new thread! By the way, wiring diagram questions have all been answered in the form of links to sites with appropriate diagrams. All you have to do is use the search function of the board.

quote:

glasswolf, i was wondering if you would be interested in fighting me sometime. you don't know what you are talking about and i want to hit you between the legs.

Would you like some Greenday with that?

Bry
Unregistered guest
i just bought a cd player and i don't know how to hook up the speakers...everything is powered..but its just not working...i bought everything at walmart...but the speaker connection from walmart doesn't fit!...help please

Gavin Steele
Unregistered guest
i have a 91 cavalier and when my car is started my radio will not play. I have to push the key forward just a little bit to get the cd player to play. But once i let go of the key the player turns off. Can I run a hard wire to me fuse box and just use a toggle switch?

Unregistered guest
Hey there. I have read all of the post's and I have went and bought the wiring harness for my 1986 monte carlo. The question I have for you guys is , you said that you just buy it and unhook the old and hookup the new? I just purchased the car, and the previous owner had already removed the old wiring harness. There are just a bunch of wires in the dash. I have read over all the wiring instructions, but the wires in my dash are not the same colors as the wires being described!!?? What should I do in this case.

Unregistered guest
I have a 96 buick regal,and i cut the wires coming from the car radio, so now i have to hard wire the cd player harness and colors don't match up. i need the wiring diagram please.

betty boop
Unregistered guest
if anyone can, I need the wiring diagram for a pioneer DEH 6 car radio. thanks!

rantsalot
Unregistered guest
Obviously, nobody has any information. THe only solution offered is "go buy this or that adaptor..."
I'm here because I'm not going to go buy, I'm doing it myself and nobody would be here if it was a matter of going to some professional and laying out a mass of money.

The wire colours don't always match from make to make, so to put a ford's radio into a geo isn't necessarily a simple undertaking, and will involve a few blown fuses or worse.

Absolutely no one ought to post another word here unless it contains links to diagrams of the wiring harnesses in any of the autos mentioned above (or all of them), with the colours of the wires, not simply what they do. THe only reason anyone comes here is because it's difficult to google these damned things. There's no blooody way to tell which one is the ground and which is the positive unless the color for that make is listed. Some are yellow, some gray, some blue and others black. The RED one may not even exist!

tedder c.
Unregistered guest
hey yall, i am trying to install a panasonic cd player in my '96 ford explorer..and i need a wiring diagram...whoa...anyone wanna help, call at 1-803-530-3485..or im at redfaction902

thanks

tedder c.
Unregistered guest
hey yall, i am trying to install a panasonic cd player in my '96 ford explorer..and i need a wiring diagram...whoa...anyone wanna help, call at 1-803-530-3485..or im at redfaction902

thanks

Username: Rayray23

GEORGETOWN, TEXAS USA

Okay i have a 97 jeep trying to put in a clarion dxz738mp i can get to turn on! But no sound can you tell what aim doing wrong thanks.

RAY

Silver Member
Username: Scubasteve

College Park, MD

Post Number: 800
tedder c: you have a factory amplifier in your car. You'll either have to totally rewire your audio wiring or bypass the amp. Have fun with that. If you are willing to invest many hours of labor into doing this right, send me a pm.

Username: Ttl_rory

Post Number: 2
can anyone sort me out with a audio wiring diagram for a 1992 ford fiesta

Unregistered guest
hello, my name is ginger. i have recently purchased a 1997 nissan pick up truck and when trying to replace the stereo the harness clip broke. now i don't know which wires go where. i tryed to use the board search and got a bunch of stuff that has nothing to do with what i need. someone please help me...i need a wiring diadram for a 1997 nissam pick up truck. if at all possible anyone with the information i need can e-mail me at GINGERLYNNISIN@aol.com

Username: Saturngal

Pink Hill, North Carolina USA

I need help. My husband purchased a JVC CD player used. He didn't get a wiring harness. It's model number KD-SX930, he said he could make one if he had a color code pic of one, he loves doing this kind of stuff. I have a 93 Saturn SL2. If any one can help please email me at valentinebaby79@hotmail.com

Em
Unregistered guest
I need a stereo wire diagram for a 1990 buick century. Any help is appreciated.

Silver Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 657
1990-91 Buick Century Stereo Information
Constant 12V+ Orange
Switched 12V+ Yellow
Ground Black
Illumination Gray
Dimmer Brown
Antenna Trigger Pink
Antenna Right Front
Front Speakers 4" x 6" Dash
Left Front (+) Tan
Left Front (-) Gray
Right Front (+) Light Green
Right Front (-) Dark Green
Rear Speakers 6" x 9" Rear Deck
Left Rear (+) Brown
Left Rear (-) Yellow
Right Rear (+) Dark Blue
Right Rear (-) Light Blue

• Alarm Information • Cruise Information

Unregistered guest
i have a clarion db245 cd player and i need to know what the colors mean there is red, yellow with a 15 amp, black, white, gray, purple, green, blue, orange. can sombody tell me what they go to

Unregistered guest
I HAVE A 1994 FORD RANGER NEED THE WIRE DIAGRAM FOR THE STOCK CASSETTE PLAYER.E-MAIL IS CLOUD3467@AOL.COM

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

Betsy layne, Kentucky.. USA duh

Post Number: 1369
ha ha wat a bunch of whiners

Unregistered guest
AN ANSWER AND A QUESTION 2000 Hyundai and 1990 Camry

I have just finished installing a pioneer DEH2750MP into a 2000 Hyundai (Grandeur). In doing this I first wasted hours and hours before a friend told me a number of ways to help identify the wires. First of all attach the ground wire from the player to an appropriate metal part of the car (mine was the metal frame that the radio actually fitted in to). Then wrapped the yellow (Battery) and red (ACC) wires together and then with ignition OFF, touched them to each individual wire leading from the wires attached to previous radio, As I touched the wires together I pushed the radio on button. Once I had a wire that allowed radio to start, I knew that I had the wire to attach the yellow wire to. Once this connection was made I then repeated the process with the red wre while the key was turned to ACC. Once this ACC power lead was found, I made this in to a firm connection. To locate the correct location and pairing of speaker wires, I used a 9 V battery to test all wires against each other. When I received static from any of the speakers, I knew then that I had the pair for that speaker. Repeated that process until all speaker wire pairs identified.

Having had this sucess I am putting an identical one in a 1990 Toyota Camry and having all sorts of problems. Thinking that part of the problem is that the ACC power shares with another device that I have accidently disconnected. Possibly the cigarette lighter. Can someone tell me if the 1990 Camry radio shares the same fuse with any other device.

Silver Member

Post Number: 761
dude, just buy a test light or multimeter, here is the diagram for the camry
1987-91 Toyota Camry Stereo Information
Constant 12V+ Blue/Yellow
Switched 12V+ Gray
Ground Brown
Illumination Green
Dimmer n/a
Antenna Trigger Black/Red
Antenna Driver's Pillar
Front Speakers 3 1/2" Dash
Left Front (+) Pink
Left Front (-) Purple
Right Front (-) Blue
Rear Speakers 5 1/4" Rear Deck
Left Rear (+) Black
Left Rear (-) Yellow
Right Rear (+) Red
Right Rear (-) White

C-Money
Unregistered guest
Can anyone tell me the stereo wiring for a 1993 Geo Prizm

Silver Member

Post Number: 784
1993 Geo Prizm Stereo Information
Constant 12V+ Blue/Yellow
Switched 12V+ Gray
Ground Brown
Illumination Green
Dimmer White/Green
Antenna Driver's Pillar
Front Speakers 6 1/2" Doors
Left Front (+) n/a
Left Front (-) n/a
Right Front (+) n/a
Right Front (-) n/a
Rear Speakers 6 1/2" Rear Deck
Left Rear (+) n/a
Left Rear (-) n/a
Right Rear (+) n/a
Right Rear (-) n/a

Unregistered guest
I HAVE A 2004 NISSAN SENTRA I NEED TO KNOW THE WIRE DIAGRAM FROM MY HARNESS OF MY NEW STEREO TO MY EXISTING WIRE HARNESS BUT MY WIRES FELL OUT OF MY EXISTING HARNESS

Jordon
Unregistered guest
i have a 1996 Mercury Sable with a power antenna and i am trying to hook up a cd changer to the original stereo that has just a cassette deck (and digital climate control)and i am having trouble finding the antenna connection and i need to know if i have to buy an extra connection to make it work. please help it's pissin me off

Silver Member

Post Number: 789
you may hve to buy a modulated antenna adapter, if it is a moduated changer, or if that car has an amp the antenna could be back there. if there is noantenna up front it is in the back somewhere.

Jordon
Unregistered guest
it has the JBL sound system and i found the amp but i couldn't find a cord that looked like a regular antenna cord

Jordon
Unregistered guest
my cd changer is an older Xplode 10 disc it looks simple to hook up but the dumb antenna is screwing me all up

Silver Member

Post Number: 791
It is calling for the antenna to be in the left rear, either right behind the seat or behind the gery carpet on the side.

Jordon
Unregistered guest
i found the antenna and it plugs into the amp behind the grey carpet on the side but the antenna cord has a weird end on it and i need to know what kind of antenna adapter i need for it cause i'm sure i'll need two of them and i think i found them but i don't wanna order them and not work. so here's the pic of the adapters http://www.installer-data.com/item/display_item.php?it=40-fd30

e_m_m_a
Unregistered guest
hi, does anyone have the wiring guide for the hyundai excel 94 sprint? if so email me at pretty_little_birdy@hotmail.com thanks

Unregistered guest
Does anyone know the wiring code for a ford fiesta 1996. im trying to install a CD player but the wires coming from the car are a load of bollox. what colours mean what anyone??!!

Silver Member

Post Number: 843
1994 Hyundai Excel Stereo Information
Constant 12V+ Red/Yellow
Switched 12V+ Blue/White
Ground Black
Illumination n/a
Dimmer n/a
Antenna Right Front
Front Speakers 4" Dash
Left Front (+) Brown/White
Left Front (-) Black/White
Right Front (+) Brown/Red
Right Front (-) Black/Red
Rear Speakers 4" Rear Deck
Left Rear (+) Brown/Yellow
Left Rear (-) Black/Yellow
Right Rear (+) Brown/Green
Right Rear (-) Black/Green

Unregistered guest
i have a 93 blazer and the colors for my cd player don't match up how do i find what colors go to what real fast!

Silver Member

Post Number: 977
if it has a factory harness, go buy the aftermarket harness for that truck..I fcut use this.
1990-94 Chevrolet Blazer S-Series Stereo Information
Constant 12V+ Orange
Switched 12V+ Yellow
Ground Black
Illumination Gray
Dimmer Brown
Antenna Trigger Pink
Antenna Right Front
Front Speakers 4" x 6" Dash
Left Front (+) Tan
Left Front (-) Gray
Right Front (-) Dark Green
Rear Speakers 6" x 9" Side Panels
Left Rear (+) Brown
Left Rear (-) Yellow
Right Rear (+) Dark Blue
Right Rear (-) Light Blue

Username: Byknisha

does anyone know of a way to install a cd player and in dash monitor into a double din dash. is their a kit that will fit this? its for and 2002 grand am.

Silver Member

Post Number: 984
american international and best kits makes a gmk-422 kit and it is a double din iso mount kit.

joedon21
Unregistered guest
Try http://www.ahdol.com/ for your wiring diagrams.

:-)

Laurinda
Unregistered guest
Hi I just recently purchased a Hyandai excel 97 model but it only has a cassette player. Could anyone PLEASE inform me on how to take the dash off so i can remove the cassette player. It just wont come off. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

Unregistered guest
Hi I just recently purchased a Hyandai excel 97 model but it only has a cassette player. Could anyone PLEASE inform me on how to take the dash off so i can remove the cassette player. It just wont come off. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

Unregistered guest
I am trying to replace the rear speakers on my 95 ford taurus GL I don't know how to get to them. Can anyone help me.

Unregistered guest
Help,
I have a 1999 sable w/ the amplifier module in the trunk. I have a Ford ( alpine) 6 disc changer. The model on the amplifier is ... F8DF18C851AA, and the changer model is....YL1F18C833AB.. these are Ford numbers..
Can you tell me what cables i need???

Thanks so much

Unregistered guest
i have a ford taurus (1995) and just need a diagram of my tape players cords (color coated), anything will help, just e-mail me at wadealoon@yahoo.com

GeTrIcHqUiCk510
Unregistered guest
I need to know where to get the cd player harness for a 97' Mercury Sable...ive seen the years up to 97 and past, but not a 97....i would like to kno where i can get one so that i can put a new deck in there without having to resort to just using a disc changer...any help guys????

johnny blaze
Unregistered guest
i need to know + and - wire colors for front door speakers on 92 ford explorer i know lh frt o/lg and lb/w and rh frt w/lg and dg/o

Unregistered guest
I need the color codes for a 2001 Kia Sephia... It's not the same as the 2000 and I've been looking for days. Thanks.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1292
1992 Ford Explorer Stereo Information )

1992 Ford Explorer Stereo Information
Constant 12V+ Green/Yellow
Switched 12V+ Yellow/Black
Ground Black
Illumination Blue/Red
Dimmer n/a
Amplifier Remote Blue
Antenna Right Front
Front Speakers 5" x 7" Doors
Left Front (+) Orange/Green
Left Front (-) Blue/White
Right Front (+) White/Green
Right Front (-) Green/Orange
Rear Speakers 5" x 7" Rear Doors
Left Rear (+) Pink/Green
Left Rear (-) Brown/Yellow
Right Rear (+) Orange/Red
Right Rear (-) Black/White

Gold Member

Post Number: 1293
97 sable, if that has the oval radio with the ac contolers, there is no harness, it comes with the aftermarket dash kit.

Unregistered guest
I need the color codes for a 2001 Kia Sephia... It's not the same as the 2000 and I've been looking for days. Thanks.

Unregistered guest
Wheres the best place to ground an amp in the back seat of a 1996 ford explorer?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1368
on the floor between the bottom of seat, or the shortest distance possible on bare metal.

Unregistered guest
I Have '94 camry. I recently bought a cd player. someone please tell me how to take out my cassett player and install the cd player

camry'94
Unregistered guest
I Have '94 camry. I recently bought a cd player. someone please tell me how to take out my cassett player and install the cd player

thumbsucker06@yahoo.com

Silver Member
Username: Matt12490

Benicia, California

Post Number: 351
http://www.crutchfieldadvisor.com/S-mpAZ6p9huLz/learningcenter/car/videos/receiv er.html?movie=receiverinstall&format=wmv

Unregistered guest
Anyone can help with Sentra-95-B14-Manual Trans. wiring harness color for to install a Python
1000 car alarm. And advice on how to install it
myself.

Thanks!!!

Unregistered guest
I NEED A WIRING DIAGRAM FOR A 1993 FOR explorer. CAN ANYONE HELP WITH THIS?

Unregistered guest
I own a 89 Toyota Celica... I let a friend install a CD player and my tail/dash lights and windshield wipers went out. When he got mad cause he couldn't make it work, he snatched all my fuses inside the car out and I don't have a cover that tells me where to put what fuse. If you can help please let me know... thanks ahead of time

Travis F =)
Unregistered guest
Hi .. I have a 93 buick regal and I am putting a cd player in it. But i have went to the store and boguth the harness fit kit and evreything i need. but i was ready to install and cannot find the stock harness for the car .. so if possible do any of you know where its located at? if so please email me hockeyplayer14t@aol.com

Unregistered guest
I need to install a deck into a 1995 Ford Explorer XLT. The factory harness is cut off.. Does anyone know if the color code for the 95' the same as the 92' listed above?? Please E-mail me at Jkxtreme00@yahoo.com... thanks

Unregistered guest
help, i need to know how 2 find a wire diagram for a '97 crown victoria, all the wires are cut and no one in my area wants to do the install, i would do it myself but all the colors are crazy (which i am told is a ford trademark) please help if you can.

Unregistered guest
help, i need to know how 2 find a wire diagram for a '97 crown victoria, all the wires are cut and no one in my area wants to do the install, i would do it myself but all the colors are crazy (which i am told is a ford trademark) please help if you can.

_KRIS_
Unregistered guest
Im lookin to find out how to remove the dash in a (i think) 97 model hyundai excel. Ill have no problems with fitting the head unit but i cant get the little dash fasc ia out. there are 2 screws in the ash tray but it only comes bout an inch then wont come any further out. anyhelp? email at soapyguy@hotmail.com ... the things u do for frends.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1539
96 Ford Explorer Stereo Information )

1995-96 Ford Explorer Stereo Information
Constant 12V+ Green/Purple
Ground Black/Light Green
Illumination Light Blue/Red
Dimmer n/a
Amplifier Remote Blue
Antenna Right Front
Left Front (+) Orange/Light Green
Left Front (-) Light Blue/White
Right Front (+) White/Light Green
Right Front (-) Dark Green/Orange
Left Rear (+) Gray/Light Blue
Left Rear (-) Tan/Yellow
Right Rear (-) Brown/Pink

Gold Member

Post Number: 1540
1996-97 Ford Crown Victoria Stereo Information
Constant 12V+ Pink/Light Blue
Ground Black/Light Green
Illumination Light Blue/Red
Dimmer n/a
Amplifier Remote Blue
Antenna Rear Window, Diversity
Front Speakers 5 1/4" Doors
Left Front (+) Orange/Light Green
Left Front (-) Light Blue/White
Right Front (+) White/Light Green
Right Front (-) Dark Green/Orange
Rear Speakers 6" x 9" Rear Deck
Left Rear (+) Gray/Light Blue
Left Rear (-) Tan/Yellow
Right Rear (+) White/Pink
Right Rear (-) Orange/Red

Gold Member

Post Number: 1541
1993 Ford Explorer Stereo Information
Constant 12V+ Green/Yellow
Ground Black
Illumination Blue/Red
Dimmer n/a
Amplifier Remote Blue
Antenna Right Front
Left Front (+) Orange/Green
Left Front (-) Blue/White
Right Front (+) White/Green
Right Front (-) Green/Orange
Left Rear (+) Pink/Green
Left Rear (-) Brown/Yellow
Right Rear (-) Black/White

Gold Member

Post Number: 1542
1995 Nissan Sentra Security Information
Constant 12V+ Green Ignition Switch Harness
Starter Black/White Ignition Switch Harness
Ignition Black/Red Ignition Switch Harness
Ignition 2 Black/Green Ignition Switch Harness Cold Start Wire
Accessory Red Ignition Switch Harness
Tach Green (AC) Distributor or Blue/Orange Position 3 Center Console
Brake Switch Red/Green Brake Switch
Trunk Release Red/Black Dots (-) Trunk Light
Trunk Pin Red (-) Trunk Light
Head Lamp Red/Yellow L And Red/Blue R at Light Switch
Hood Pin n/a
Factory Disarm Steering C N/a
Door Trigger Red/White (-) Above Driver's Kick Yellow Connector
Door Lock Gray (-) Door Lock Module to right of Column
Door Unlock Purple (-)
Horn Wire Green/White (-) Steering Column
Windows Up LF=Blue/Red, RF=Blue/Red
Windows Down LF=Blue/Black, RF=Blue/Black

• Cruise Information • Stereo Information

Bronze Member
Username: Nypdlapd

Post Number: 15
For wiring diagram message me at:

nypd-lapd@hotmail.com

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
For wiring diagrams message me at:

nypd-lapd@hotmail.com

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
For wiring diagrams message me at:

nypd-lapd@hotmail.com

ANY CARS

Username: Datdude513

Cincinnati, OH Hamilton

Post Number: 2
i need help asap i have a 1987 chevy nova with stock tape player in it. . . i want to take that out asap an put a 200W JVC cdplayer in its place. . . .please assist me

Username: Mopardabomb

Seneca, Missouri United state...

hi does any one know if you can install a clarion cd player into a 1995 mustang 5.0 and if so do u putit where the cd player is or the cassete player is plz help
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us