Vw Polo MK4 Grommets

Username: Mitchelin_man

LON - DON, England England

Post Number: 1
Hey... i know someone has already posted something regarding this but i can't seem to find anywhere on my polo to run my amp cable. I've serach all over the net been to special list and they are saying drill it but i'm a real amature and trying to save a few ££'s...

CAN ANY BODY HELP....

surely polo's must have some grommets somewhere??????

Silver Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 313
If you look closely on the firewall there will be a VERY LARGE rubber boot/gromet looking thing with a lot of wires going through it. You may need to get underneith. When you locate it look to see if there is any extra room so that you can put a small hole in it large enough for your cable. Be sure to make a hole smaller than the dia of your cable so it will seal by itself. I have heard of others just running it along the frame rail and such but I myself prefer to keep it inside. Make sure you add an inline fuese no more than 14" from the battery, Polo..

Bronze Member
Username: Adddisorder

Post Number: 70
i just did that...what i did was there was a grommet in the fire wall where the headlight wires went inside the car so i made a little hole in it with a exacto knife and pushed my power threw it and it came out around the pedals then hid it under the carpet and sealed the hole up with some calking

Silver Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 315
I guess great minds think alike? LOL// :-O

Username: Mitchelin_man

LON - DON, England England

Post Number: 2
Hey... thanks for all ya help. i've finally managed to get the wire through the gromet and inside the car.

Upload

But one more problem, where is the best place to earth the wire?? not to sure of good locations in the rear of the car, any suggestions???

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us