Alternator/batt upgrades?

Username: Twothousand_se

Danville, Va Usa

Post Number: 1
my new system consists of...
2 15" RE Audio MTs
4 Hifonics 1605d

i have a yellow top under my hood and one in my trunk from my previous setup and a stock alt (120A maybe? lol). the amps listed above are all the things that draw power besides the regular car functions; no other amps for my highs. i was wondering if going with 2 300A alts would be the way to go with 2-3 batts. also where would be the best place to get the alts from and would i have to have 1 direct bolt and one regular alt?

Silver Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 370
Question, are the 1605d's strappable? Are you running one amp per coil? One 300A alt with an isolator and a couple of yellow tops not to mention the big 3, you should be fine. If they are not strappable I wouldn't run two separate amps per sub because not every amp is exactly the same, there will be difference betweent the two causing them to fight each other creating extra heat/distortion. Polo..

Danville, Va Usa

Post Number: 2
hmmm interesting how could i tell if they are strappable? no need in me continueing with the brutus series if not. if someone can come up with the info, that would be much help

Danville, Va Usa

Post Number: 3
also, isnt there a way to text the output of each amp and tune them to exactly the same amount of watts output?

Danville, Va Usa

Post Number: 4
anyone else? would that idea work?

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1581
u can set each amp closely as possible ALL setting to each other.. Then run each amp to a vc, presuming u have dvc dubs..
its several ways to test the actuall output of amps, using dmm with formulas, or using a scope..

now u can test any mono block amp to see if its strapable by testing for continutiy on your dmm, with the speaker output and one of the power supply inputs.. <if im correct...

a strappable amp must be internally bridged..

just set gains and everything close as possible.. you should be OK

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us