I need help Glasswolf.......... Alternator?amp?Sub?'s Help me

Username: Stonecold351

Chicago, Illinois Us

Post Number: 1
i have a 1995 hyundai accent two door. i bought a boss audio pd-400 amp and two audio bahn 1200n 12 inch woofers i have a kenwood deck mp-625 that puts out 50x4, the amp puts out 500 watts at 2 channels rms sopposedly at 4 ohms, 900x2 at 2 ohms, 1500 watts atx2 at 1ohm, the twelves i got are 700 watt 4ohm rms with a peak power of can i hook them up at two ohms? they are dual voice coils!!!!! the max for the speakers 1400 watts..... i read all the stuff about capacitors and alternators and battery upgrades i want to go with battery and alternator upgrades but i dont know how much power i need. How many amps should my alternator push for that much power????? what kinda battery should i get????? im having trouble finding stuff that fits my car!!!! the best i found so far is 170 amps for alteranator is that enough??? excessive amperage people didnt answer the phone!!!! also how should i hook the subs up for the BADDEST sound i can get ...... and what kinda box/materials should i put them in>>> please help me GLASSWOLF or anyone THANK YOU.... and yeah i know most of u think boss audio sucks but for the price u cant beat it>>>>>>

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 11182
this link explains how to understand the power handling specs on speakers:
http://www.glasswolf.net/caraudio/speakerpwr.html

the 170A alternator would help a lot. if you're using the system as a daily driver, and not for SPL competitions, that should be all you need, along with a capacitor to help smooth out the delay in time the alternator has in response to demand spikes.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us