Any way to adjust volume

Bronze Member
Username: Randy420

Post Number: 67
i have a 97 ford X and it has a seprate amp for the speakers. but the speakers are just to loud to play..i turn down the treb and the mid but them it sounds low and muffeled..is their anyway to turn down the amp settings on the ford amp?..

maybe if i reinstall the factory unit and turn down the amp?..or just bypass it with a chip harness?

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 1324
You might consider bypassing the factory amp with a wiring harness clip. Crutchfield carries them and you can talk to one of their agents via live chat featured on their site for free to make sure you find the right one.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 68
k thanks

Bronze Member

Post Number: 69
ok i just bought a amp bypass harness.. but where would i find the amp in a 97 ford exlporer,..does anyone understand this?...i will type what it says..

" Wire the POWER HARNESS and AMPLIFIER INTERATION PLUG to the aftermarket head unit"

i dont understand it... do i still connect the turn on amp wire or leave it?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1340
They probably meant to say 'integration' and were most likely just referring to plugging it between the harness to the speakers and harness to the headunit. The amp is around the back seat area from what I've heard.

Bronze Member
Username: Cowtipper

Post Number: 14
mine also has a integrated amp, but i have a 89 ford bronco II, anyone know where that would be, im assuming it will also be around the back seat but any idea exactly where

Bronze Member

Post Number: 70
yeah i found it..it was in the back right side, i had to remove the plastics inside..

but i must have the wrong bypass harness, its a 70-5514. one of the connectors are right, but the other one on the amp is a little small square clip..

this is what mine looks like: http://www.metraonline.com/product.aspx?sku=70-5513&x=15&y=11

Silver Member
Username: Scubasteve

Annapolis, MD

Post Number: 385
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/150070.html

I have a 96 X. Thats link is where i posted some pics of it. It sits behind a plastic panel behind the passenger side rear seat. You'll have to take the whole panel off to get at the amp. If you look back with a flashlight where the rear passenger seat belt goes into the plastic panel you should catch a glimpse of it. While the panel is off, get some silicon caulking and fill in any holes you see in the car by the wheel well. I had half a gallon of dried mud sitting in my car behind that panel. Ford thought they would solve this problem by sticking little plastic bags with cotton in them down by the wheel well. Not exactly effective.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1402
Steve, that was the best thread...ever.

Silver Member
Username: Scubasteve

Annapolis, MD

Post Number: 388
haha, thanks Jexx. I just feel that the least I can do is give everyone a glimpse of the power and precision they'll never get their hands on. :-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 1415
LOL
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us