A good parametric eq?

Silver Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 654
I want to get one, but I don't want anything that is overtly complicated. I would like to be able to easily set it and forget it.

What would be a good suggestion for one around $150-$200?

Thanks for your help.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 8403
none that cheap. parametrics and 1/3 octaves are expensive. usually $500-$1500+
Alpine 3402
Orion DEQ-30
Concept 97.2
Audiocontrol EQT(mono)
Audiocontrol DQT (2 channel)

Gold Member
Username: Fishy

Tamarac Ft.Laud, FL USA

Post Number: 1461
You can get a Soundstream "paragraphic" EQ for pretty cheap(5XO, 4XO). You can adjust the frequency, but not the Q. Bandwidth changes automatically with frequency I believe.

http://www.soundstream.com/sub/products_processors.html

There were a few new units floating around for a lil over $100 a while a back and there's a few used one's on ebay right now.

If you need adjusable bandwidth look for a pq-7. I don't know the cost, but figure maybe around $200 if you can find one.

It'd almost be cheaper just to look into a h/u with a PEQ built in(Alpine 9853, 9855, 9833, 9835, etc.)

-Fishy

Silver Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 661
I already purchased a Pioneer P860MP. I just want to add a little something extra that will allow me to enhance and tweak the sound more.

Thanks for the help and suggestions.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 8411
if that's what you want to do, look at the Audiocontrol EQL
you'll need one for each pair of RCA outputs you have and use from the head unit though. The EQL is 2 channels, but it's a very simple sort of set and forget EQ.
I'm thinking you may not need a parametric or even 1/3 octave EQ for this.

an EQL can be found cheaply on ebay. new they run about $200 I think

Bronze Member
Username: Audioguy22

Post Number: 89
Dont buy the SoundStream unless you need to waste some money!
I got a MTube8(just for the tube sound)and it works well but the build quality is as bad as I've ever seen! Holes not lined up,Pots soldered at funky angles(rubbing on the chassie) And the worst design ever as far as the x-over go's(not useing there x-over).
Funny how a company like Power Acoustic thinks buying a good company like SoundStream and removing everything that made them good, is a sound money making thing? WhatEverLosers!!

I'm just glad I got my VGA amps for both my cars before PA could trash them! I'm happy to say I lucked out and got the last quality SS products. The Mtube8 sounds great but I'm just waiting for it to fall apart,lol.

Gold Member
Username: Fishy

Tamarac Ft.Laud, FL USA

Post Number: 1463
you get what you pay for
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us