Question concerning my system

Username: Swegs

Post Number: 1
weird i cant start a new topic

Post Number: 2
hmm it wont let me post all of what i want maybe its too long ill try to break it up, anyway

ok to start off i will list what i have installed plus the make and model and after that i will state my problem.

pioneer premier deh-7700MP Headunit
4 infinity kappa 52.5i speakers 55w RMS
4 channel kenwood KAC-8402 AMP 60w x 4 @ 4 ohms

i drive a 97 jeep cherokee sport that has a 90 amp alternator(i think - bought the jeep used from a dealer and i think that what is stock on jeep cherokees).

Post Number: 3
second part

ok heres my problem:
when ive been driving for a while say around 20 minutes and im playing my speakers loud(not really really loud but loud) the volume will start fluxuating. once this starts happening i turn it down but i think i can still detect that the volume is fluxuating even at the lower volume. now ive been reading a lot trying to figure out what may be the problem but i just cant put my finger on it. from the equations ive seen on these forums about alternators i should have enough power. I think my system should only draw about 28 amps(assuming i calculated correctly).

i hope someone here help me out and i thank u in advance for replying to this thread.

and i also tryed searching the forums for someone with the same problem so this wouldnt be a repost but had no luck.

thanks again
Bryan Swegman

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 8323
go to an auto parts store. get your battery tested. if its not that, have the stock alternator tested as well, under load.
this testing is free.

Post Number: 4
k thanks

one thing i noticed is that once the volume had been fluxuating for a min or two then it would just stop and stay at the lower volume. which leads to my next question below.

also another question. how important is the input sensetivity on ur amp. and around where should i set it. the manual said to use the preout max voltage. does 2.2v sound right? cause thats what it says in the manual. before today i had it set at around 1.5 because i adjusted it while i was listening and it seemed to sound better(or atleast it sounded louder the lower the number). thanks again.

Post Number: 5
sry if thats a little confusing now that i re-read over it.

Post Number: 6
wow they really need the option to edit ur posts that way when i think of something i forgot to add i dont have to make another post

anyway on my headunit it has an option to show the battery voltage and when the volume starts to go crazy there isnt a drop in voltage or anything. it just stays within its normal range of 13.1v thru 13.3v

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 8355
the input sensitivity is very important.
www.bcae1.com has gain setting guides, as does www.jlaudio.com
usually no higher than half way is a good start.
any higher causes clipping, which may be why your amp is acting up

Post Number: 7
ya i changed it it 2.2v next time to go driving hopefully there will be no problems
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us