Install Question

Bronze Member
Username: Halby

Parsippany, NJ

Post Number: 53
I was wondering what an average price would be to install 2 speakers and an amp in the front, as well as another amp and sub in the back of my SUV.

I know most of you will tell me to do it myself, and I agree with you that it isn't really your "system" unless you do it yourself. Also, when something goes wrong you have a better idea how to fix it. BUT, I am too new to car audio to be comfortable and I don't want to waste all the money I spent on pieces b/c I did a shotty install.

I already have an amp kit and RCA cable for the mono amp and adapters for the front speakers so don't include those in the price.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 8031
actually I wish more people used professional installers, because most of the backyard installs I see quite honestly suck.
prices vary too much by area to give any sort of accurate guess to waht it'd cost you.
best to call a few shops around town and see what they say.
most have a standard pricing list for installations so they can quote you over the phone

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 3549
Some of the shops will install the products "free" if you buy certain model/price range. Average install for amps and speaker should be no more than 3-4 hours of labour. So if you get a quote for $300-$500, you know you're getting ripped off.

Gold Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 8036
that depends on the vehicle, and the complexity of what he wants done.

Bronze Member
Username: Halby

Parsippany, NJ

Post Number: 56
It's pretty much just wiring everything I mentioned above. Maybe securing down the ox and amps too. I'm hoping it wont be more than $200.

Silver Member
Username: Msully701

Connecticut US

Post Number: 197
do it yourself, running wires and wiring it is no problem, I did mine myself and it looks like a pro did it and I knew nothing about installing, its not rocket science, I mean what do you have to brag about when you payed for everything to get done? plus your saving more money meaning you can get better equipment

Gold Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 8085
So being an installer is easy as cake eh?
take this exam and tell me your first-time score:
http://www.ce.org/certifications/mecp/exam/practice/basicinstall.asp?ID=2322307

then we'll talk about how simple the job is.
can you weld? do metal fabrication? lay fiberglass? strip the entire interior of a car without any damage and put it back together again so nobody knows the difference? Know the basics of electrical properties, or anything about acoustic engineering?

Silver Member
Username: Scubasteve

Annapolis, MD

Post Number: 166
damn, only passed 2 out of 3. It was all that non-audio stuff that killed me. Never though about car security or GPS installation before in my life. :-(

Silver Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 467
easy glass :p hes just talkin about wiring some speakers and an amp

Gold Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 8149
I know.. I just like to tease folks who think being an installer is a monkey's job.. hehehe
while a lot of places seem to employ monkeys, I'll grant ya that, there are some of us with a modicum of skill :-)

haha

Gold Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 8150
and the more I think about that statement, I'd like to point out that isn't a racial slur. I meant a job so easy a primate could do it.

just to be clear
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us