Clarion HU

Silver Member
Username: Ucfsaxman

Oviedo/orlando, Fl

Post Number: 674
My mom's car(03 galant) has 2 pretty decent pioneer 10's they're a few years old but better then the current stuff out by pioneer. So a few months ago i got my mom a clarion deck it is a lower model one but clarion is still considered to be decent(right). There are 2 problems the first is that the bass is no where near what it once was w/ the stock mitsubishi HU. With the old stock HU the bass was really thick and loud it wasn't that clear but thats to be expected. So we switched out the HU's with the clarion deck and ever since then the bass from the subs is just barely there if at all. Also this new clarion deck cannot pick up half of the radio stations the older Hu did. So my question is, is the clarion deck worthless and should we just put the stock one back in or is something possibly not connected correctly w/ the clarion HU?

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 2728
The Clarion probably needs the subwoofer output volume turned up. As for the radio reception, it shouldn't be any different...are you talking AM or FM?

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1268
sounds like a gain isue on the amp pushing the subs. the LOC used with the factory unit (LOC right?) was prob putting out more power then the new HU's pre outs and you need to re adjust for that. might want to play with sub levels and EQ's on the HU too.

Silver Member

Oviedo/orlando, Fl

Post Number: 676
yes i meant Fm and thats what i had though there shouldn't be a difference but for some reason it is worse. there aren't really any adjustments w/ this head unit its just simple bass and treble and then 3 settings that are supposed to maximize either treble, bass or a mixture of both. i turned up the bass to as high as it will go. I'm now beginning to believe that it is the amp although the amp was fine before the subs were plenty loud but now there is nothing. the amp recently has had probelems w/ the adjustment and the gain knob more or less broke before i had a chance to even adjust it. so i can't really do much w/ the amp.

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 2729
Looks like Brandon hit it on the head.

Gold Member

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1291
yay, i got somethng right, lol. i do that every once in a while. :P

when i went from the Alpine CDA-9813 with 4V pre outs to the Panasonic DVD unit with 2V pre outs, i had that same deal. that adjustment makes a huge difference when set right, lol.

but the knob is broke?? can you adjust it with some needle nose pliars or anything??

Silver Member

Oviedo/orlando, Fl

Post Number: 682
no i've tried i took off the back metal plate of the amp and the gain is broken i have no way of telling what is higher or lower and when i try adjust it w/ the system on nothing happens. so would you say there isn't really anything wrong w/ the HU its more the amp.

BTW thanks a lot for helping me on this guys i really appreciate it :-)

Gold Member

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1302
i'd say look into another amp. the HU should be fine.

no problem ucfsaxman, thats what this things for. hope you get it all working right.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us