Charlotte, North Carolina U.S.

Post Number: 107
whats your price range? are you looking for SQ, SQl, or SPL

Silver Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 377
most of the time "nice" means SQ
and "loud" means SQL, b/c most people don't want an SPL sub when they find out it won't sound good, but it will very loud, so go by that from now on to avoid the same question Oso lol:-)

Silver Member
Username: Chrisklein

Post Number: 109
That amp is highly underated. I own one actually. It puts out around 500-550 at 4 ohms and 650-700 at 2 ohms.

Silver Member

Post Number: 110
I would recommend getting one Resonant Engineering SE. It is a dual 4 ohms sub and can be wired down to 2 ohms so that amp would feed it nicely. RE is one of the best manufactures out there.

Silver Member
Username: Quickshot

Post Number: 111
Eclipse Aluminum or Titanium
Alpine Type R or X
Sound Splinter RL-i
thsoe are just a few subwoofers in different price ranges that will all work fine with that amp

Silver Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 381
*quick shot* my bad, but do it however you would like, b/c not all people are the same lol

Username: Maz66

Post Number: 8
I'm aiming towards SQ. The system i'm building will have Infinity Kappa Perfect 6.1 running off a Zapco Ref350.2 for the front stage and the Ref500.1 for a single 10" sub using Symblilink throughout. I was actually looking at a 10" Eclipse Titanium however I thought that the 500.1 might underpower it. Price isn't really a problem unless its something ridiculous, in other words I want to get my money's worth.

Silver Member

Post Number: 114
the Ti needs 750 rms..your amp puts out "500rms" but like Ultimate Post Ho said that amp is underrated and its actually pusing out around 700rms and that sub will give you the SQ your lookinh for..you should also check out the IDMAX

Post Number: 9
If I do go for the Ti, is it just a matter of wiring it up differently to achieve 750rms into 2ohms rather than the standard 4ohm configuration of the Ti?

Silver Member
Username: Cnafets

Post Number: 105
The ti has a 4ohm dual voice coil, meaning you can wire it to 2ohms or 8ohms.

Post Number: 10
Thanks for clearing that up for me ICE

Silver Member
Username: Cnafets

Post Number: 106
no prob. Remeber to sign our petition.https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/154887.html

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
petition signed

Silver Member

Post Number: 114
Yeah, the TI does have an RMS of 750, so you would be underpowering it from anywhere between 50-100 watts which shouldnt be too noticeable. If you do decide to take a look at the RE SE since your going for SQ it is a good choice. I just wanna mention RE because i really like them and i currently have 4 of there RE series 12's running with the 500.1 and they are extremely nice. One thing i do like about them alot is that they blend in really well with the music and are not too overpowering.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
Do you guys know any online stores that sell Resonant Engineering Subs?

Silver Member

Post Number: 117
no you have to buy the subs directly from the manufacturor
www.reaudio.com

Bronze Member
Username: Ishkabobble55

Post Number: 38
check out the SE. i have a 10" SE and i was planning on buying an amp just like yours. it would be a good match up if you bought the SE and its the best sq sub ive ever heard.

Silver Member
Username: Letto

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 181
Best SQ sub imo is the IDMax, but you should really have more like 1000W RMS going to it.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
The SE is looking like the best option for me so far, its just going to be a bit hard for me to get my hands on one for a reasonable price since I'm in Australia and I have to buy straight from the manufacturer. I haven't asked RE how much it would cost because I'm scared of the shipping price they may quote lol

Bronze Member

Post Number: 48
im guessing thell charge you 50 bucks or so. just give them a call and ask 1-702-896-4823 try to call in the morning or else there line is always buisy

Bronze Member

Post Number: 50
if you do buy the SE let me know how that amp runs it, and how it sounds!

Silver Member

Post Number: 120
Shipping will not cost 50 bucks for shipping. It will be 10-20 MAX. I payed 28 total shipping for 4 RE12's.

Silver Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 742
He lives in AUstralia. SHipping will be more.

If you don't mind a bigger sub that can perform as well as all of those look at the Avalanche. I don't know if Ascendant still has them or if they have made new ones but that sub would play great with that amp.

Silver Member
Username: Mikechec9

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 737
or you could just match the amp with the zapco carbon fiber subs. i'm pretty sure they will be available at the same time as the other subs.
that way you could tell us all how they sound, lol.
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b301/mikechec9/zapcosubs.jpg
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us