Bose Lifestyle 28/35 Lost Audio NO SOUND

Username: Mo_phat1

New York, NY USA

Post Number: 3
Everything appeared to be working fine. I was listening to music at low/medium volume and then there was nothing. No sound. I have a Bose Lifestyle 28/35. I've lost all sound and my remote no longer controls system functions. This Sucks! Can anyone help?

Silver Member
Username: Jrbay

Livonia [Detroit area], Michigan USA

Post Number: 644
Do you still have lights/graphics/text on the display?

New York, NY USA

Post Number: 4
Yes I have lights and graphics

Silver Member

Post Number: 646
Ouch! I was hoping that perhaps you fried the main fuse.

The only thing "user-serviceable" that you can do is to unplug the unit for about 5 minutes, plug it back in and see if anything changes. Other than that it is off to the Bose store or maybe you could start here:

http://www.bose.com/controller?url=/customer_service/index.jsp

New York, NY USA

Post Number: 5
Thanks Jim,

I'll try to unplug and restart "again" I had fallen asleep on couch the night prior to me losing the audio. I woke up to a crackling sound coming from the speakers. I turned the system off and went to bed. The next morning everything appeared to be working fine and then Poof! Just like that - NO SOUND. I will check the link you provided and also call Bose. I hope it's not going to be a lot of $$$$. If so, I may scrap the system and start over. I was never really that pleased with the overall sound quality. I've heard better sound for a fraction of the cost. I liked the styling of the Lifestyle system and it was the only Home Theater component that fit on my console. I'm hoping for the best. Thanks a lot for your help!

New York, NY USA

Post Number: 6
I spoke with Bose and they walked me through it. It was simply a matter of disconnecting the power and the zone 1 speaker cables. (I waited for about a minute and reconnected) Now it works perfectly. Whew! That was scary!

Silver Member

Post Number: 649
Cool!!! Did they give you any idea why the zone 1 speakers were locking up the unit? That seems odd but I am certainly glad to hear that you are back up and running!

Username: Dasamuels

Post Number: 1
I have just bought the lifestyle 28. Everything works but I do not know how to adjust the Bass and the Treble can anyone help me?.

Username: Cvdhana

Post Number: 1
The volume control in both remote control & Media center is not functioning and is locked to a particular setting and am not able to increase or decrease the volume. Any help?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us