Need help in hooking this up

Username: Timinwv

Princeton, WV USA

Post Number: 1
Hello all:
I currently have a Panasonic SC-PT960 system. It has a 5 disc DVD player and only one HDMI output. I have ordered a blu ray player. My problem is I don't know exactly how to hookup my system to get the optimal sound. My TV is a Vizio with 3 HDMI inputs. The TV does have an optimal out connection and my Panasonic has an optical in. I also want to hookup an HD cable box to it. I have been told that I should just connect all the devices to the TV using HDMI and then run the optcial to the receiver from the TV. Will this allow me to get the optimal sound from the blu ray player, or is there another way to hook all this up. I am willing to buy adaptors if I need to. THanks in advance for any suggestions!

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 16097
Whoever told you that is pretty much spot-on.
You only need that one HDMI output from your Panasonic to your TV (to use the Panasonic DVD player, which will be negated by the bluray anyway.).
Connect your Blu-ray's HDMI Output to your TV.
Connect the HD Cable box HDMI to the TV.
Connect TV Digital/Optical Output to Panasonic Optical input.

Done.

Username: Mamaduks

Post Number: 1
hi i just bought surround sound system its a samsumg my tv is toshiba and im having trouble hooking it up to tv so i get sound when just watching tv what color wires i need or where does they go
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us