Educate and Enlighten me; A Wiring Dilema I'd appreciate your help...

Username: J711bird

Maumee, Ohio USA

Post Number: 1
I am an audiophile and under normal circumstances, I wouldn't have a problem with this. With the onset on High Definition and the mirage of components I have, this became a challenge....I need to know will it work? Most importantly....how to connect them correctly!
All my cables that I use are of premium construction. I try to use solid core, copper, gold connections wherever/whenever possible, to make the connection and reception of the highest quality I can achieve. Perhaps not the best quality, but certianly second best.
What I have:

„X Cablevision Basic (no converter box-just the ¡§F¡¨ connector out of the wall)
„X Monster Cable Power Center/Surge Protection Model AV800
„X JVC model JLC32BC3000 Black Crystal HD/LCD 32¡¨ Television that has (2) HDMI inputs; (1) set of HDMI Audio RCA type input; (1) RCA Component input; (1) RCA Composite input; (1) set of RCA Audio Output; and of course, the "F" style Antenna input. The Digital Audio Optical out I cannot make use of at this time (no receiver/applicable device to connect to).
„X Magnavox model ZV427MG9 A DVD/VCR Recorder (without Tuner) which has (rear) (1) HDMI Output; (1) S-Video Input and Output; (1) set RCA Audio Output; (1) Component Video Output ; (1) RCA Composite Audio/Video Output; (1) RCA Composite Audio/Video Input (L1). On the front of this unit is (L2) which cannot receive tuner signals but accomodates another
(1) S-Video input as well as another set of (1) RCA Composite Audio/Video inputs.
„X PyleDriver Soundbar Model PSBV400 which has a single RCA Video Input and Output; and (3) sets of RCA Audio Inputs (CD,Aux 1,Aux 2)
„X Sony DVD player model DVP-SR200P with a Component/Composite Video Output and (1) set RCA Audio Output.
„X Samtron VCR model SV-D91 ***I'd like to use this as my tuner....is this possible?*** "F" style Antenna In/Out; and only RCA Composite Input/Output.
„X Sennheiser wireless headphones model RS120 requires RCA Audio In.
„X Playstation 2 game console, which currently I am using a Component connection/connector which, sold by Sony, works exceptionnal well connected directly to the TV.

In Summation (7components):
TV; DVD/VCR; Soundbar; #2 DVD player; #2 VCR; wireless headphones; Playstation 2 game system. I'd really like to make use of all my components and if it'd be easier to buy a "switchbox", or breakdown and buy a "receiver", I will....but I'd really rather not. Rather I'll send the money I save to the audiophile that can cure my dilema and alleviate these migranes, and prevent all of my hair falling out by the time I turn 55!!!
james.baumann@mymail.lourdes.edu
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us